watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could it just be

Started by blingo, March 20, 2021, 12:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

It wasn't that long ago we were all writing Bamford off, wouldn't we love him now.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SuffolkWhite

I think Majar will come good given time, would like to see Mitro and Majar together.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on March 22, 2021, 06:03:45 PM
It wasn't that long ago we were all writing Bamford off, wouldn't we love him now.

Yes.  And he is an example where his coach, Bielsa, has persisted with him and found a way to play to his strengths.  I am another supporter who'd love to see us play Maja and Mitro together with an emphasis upon their strengths.  I would also love to see a fit again TC play in a midfield that is both equipped to cover and defend and set up attacks. If that means three at the back then so be it but IMO Lookman and Cavaleiro may be 'reliable' from our coaches view but are they potent?  I don't think they are and I am someone who has appreciated both their consistent improvements over the season but thy just don't score enough.

blingo

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 22, 2021, 08:50:31 PM
I think Majar will come good given time, would like to see Mitro and Majar together.

That is how we should be playing if we want to win games.

As for TC, sorry Mr Tosh but I just think he falls half a yard short of Premiership quality, passing back more than going forwards.

toshes mate

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2021, 09:38:54 AM

As for TC, sorry Mr Tosh but I just think he falls half a yard short of Premiership quality, passing back more than going forwards.
You may well be right about TC but I do believe he has suffered from knee issues for quite sometime and that is why I stressed a'fit' TC.  He has the ability to pick a pass which Lookman fails to do more often than not.  Cavaleiro is so promising at times but just plays himself into trouble far too often.  TC has a football brain and given appropriate protection, which is down to organising the side to create space for him, he can cause a lot of trouble and he does have a truly wonderful left foot when it comes to taking shots from the range he has.

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on March 23, 2021, 10:57:38 AM
Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2021, 09:38:54 AM

You may well be right about TC but I do believe he has suffered from knee issues for quite sometime and that is why I stressed a'fit' TC.  He has the ability to pick a pass which Lookman fails to do more often than not.  Cavaleiro is so promising at times but just plays himself into trouble far too often.  TC has a football brain and given appropriate protection, which is down to organising the side to create space for him, he can cause a lot of trouble and he does have a truly wonderful left foot when it comes to taking shots from the range he has.

I agree, we just don't have anyone even close to replacing him and the qualities he offers.

Twig

Not being funny but it might be worth correcting your spelling? Always good to get the names of our players correct.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Twig on March 23, 2021, 11:55:16 AM

Not being funny but it might be worth correcting your spelling? Always good to get the names of our players correct.

Agreed.  Half the people on here spell Andersen's name wrong.

karldutton

Quote from: FFC In Oz on March 23, 2021, 12:15:20 PM

Agreed.  Half the people on here spell Andersen's name wrong.
Anderson and Majar  064.gif

SuffolkWhite

Sorry Wig I stand corrected.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

blingo

I think the best taker of a free kick that we currently have is Neeskins, he may not offer prem quality, but he can certainly hit a dead ball.

Is it Neeskins, Neaskins or Kneeskins?  :005: :005: :005:

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2021, 01:13:04 PM
I think the best taker of a free kick that we currently have is Neeskins, he may not offer prem quality, but he can certainly hit a dead ball.

Is it Neeskins, Neaskins or Kneeskins?  :005: :005: :005:

Not sure it matters Blingo we know who your on about. And yes Neeskins is quality at the free kicks.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

blingo

I did well at school Mr Suffolk, I got a spirit level in woodwork and a sandwich at lunchtime.  049:gif

SuffolkWhite

You got more than I did Blingo but then inner city schools in the 80's was more about survival  :dft012:
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

blingo

Survival? I ate the sandwich and bought five Park drive with the proceeds of the spirit level