Main Menu

Doomed certainly not, this is No Surrender

Started by Woolly Mammoth, March 20, 2021, 01:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 22, 2021, 10:21:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 22, 2021, 09:35:46 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on March 22, 2021, 06:31:02 PM
Only the strong survive, he who dares woolly.

Indeed sir.

Fulham will be in Premier League for 2022/23 (whether we stay up or not), provided Shahid Khan backs Tony Khan to the absolute máximum allowed FFP and we stick with all the current staff (or replace anyone that leaves with quality although we struggle with this) plus add a high quality additions in attack.

I hope you are right and I shall take your word for it on the proviso that Mr Khan Senior backs to the hilt whoever is the D of F at the time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2021, 01:54:51 PM
By the Beard of ZEUS what is this talk of throwing in the towel and White Flag sung by Dido.
No more Doom Mongering. Did King Henry V throw in the towel at the Battle of Agincourt in 1415 when facing a larger overwhelming force, no he did not because his bowmen and superior tactics out fought the overwhelming odds and despite being out numbered eight to one we sent the enemy back crushed to pulp retreating in another direction. A superb away win and a clean sheet to boot.
The same at the Battle of Rorkes Drift in 1879, once again despite overwhelming odds and completely outnumbered we repelled the opponents and lived to tell the tale. Yes 1879 how ironic is that the year Fulham were founded, is that a good sign, I think it is because I measure a team in how they climb up
off the deck not how they go down. It is not how tall you are it is how high you jump. It is not the man in the fight it is the fight in the man.
Strength does not come from winning alone, your troubles develop your strengths, when you decide not to surrender that is strength.
So no more more talk of doom mongering, and Scott Parker will no doubt say to the players, see that brick wall over there, run through it and come out fighting on the other side.
THIS IS NOT THE BEGINNING OF THE END, IT IS JUST THE END OF THE BEGINNING.

The difference between those examples and us is, they could hit the target. We can't....

cottage expat

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2021, 01:54:51 PM
By the Beard of ZEUS what is this talk of throwing in the towel and White Flag sung by Dido.
No more Doom Mongering. Did King Henry V throw in the towel at the Battle of Agincourt in 1415 when facing a larger overwhelming force, no he did not because his bowmen and superior tactics out fought the overwhelming odds and despite being out numbered eight to one we sent the enemy back crushed to pulp retreating in another direction. A superb away win and a clean sheet to boot.
The same at the Battle of Rorkes Drift in 1879, once again despite overwhelming odds and completely outnumbered we repelled the opponents and lived to tell the tale. Yes 1879 how ironic is that the year Fulham were founded, is that a good sign, I think it is because I measure a team in how they climb up
off the deck not how they go down. It is not how tall you are it is how high you jump. It is not the man in the fight it is the fight in the man.
Strength does not come from winning alone, your troubles develop your strengths, when you decide not to surrender that is strength.
So no more more talk of doom mongering, and Scott Parker will no doubt say to the players, see that brick wall over there, run through it and come out fighting on the other side.
THIS IS NOT THE BEGINNING OF THE END, IT IS JUST THE END OF THE BEGINNING.

We shall fight them in the Park, at the Emirates, on the Bridge, at St. Mary's, and Old Trafford. We shall defend our Cottage whatever the cost. We shall never surrender !