watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cause For Optimism

Started by Ruislip White, March 20, 2021, 10:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruislip White

Was of course despondent after Leeds.  But after losing a must win game, Newcastle now have a run of:

Spurs
Burnley
Hammers
Liverpool
Arsenal
Leicester
City
Blades

I can't see them getting more than 6 points.  If we are on 31/32 on the last day, I think we'll stay up.  Seems very achievable.

Ruislip White

Assuming of course we beat Newcastle!

fulhamfan

bruce might get the sack and they will get new manager bounce

South Coast White

Personally only see them getting 3 against Sheffield Utd, so we WILL do this.

FFC1987

We need to win games. Our form has hit a big ol slump. We don't score many goals and our defence is starting to look weakened. I'm still saying we'll go down but we absolutely have a chance. Just not sure where the wins are coming from. Newcastle 2 points in front with game in hand and players to return and maybe even sacking Bruce will give them some momentum, who knows. Im not writing off 9 games for Newcastle without wins when they still have to play us and Sheffield.

AJW48361

Very Difficult to predict results at the end of the season teams like West Ham, Arsenal.and even Liverpool maybe resting players or have little to play for in the premier league.

FFC1987

I also know some would of watched tonight and a few of Newcastles games recently and said they won't win anymore games this year but based on ours yesterday, would you say we will........

Fernhurst

"our defence is starting to look weakened"
I would refine that by saying Tosin is going off the boil ........ Like to see Kongola coming through until Tosin shakes himself up.
Hard nosed decisions are normal in Premier League football and if this band of multi millionaire loanees can't get it together to obtain two or three wins, then their futures and ultimately the coaching staff are in doubt.

It did appear Friday we were outfought and out thought and this can not carry on ad infinitum.
We had by far the superior team both in cost and supposed ability but were eventually out played.
We now have a lengthy period to prepare for the Villa game, let's hope we can get this one right. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 21, 2021, 12:44:55 AM
I would refine that by saying Tosin is going off the boil ........ Like to see Kongola coming through until Tosin shakes himself up.
Hard nosed decisions are normal in Premier League football and if this band of multi millionaire loanees can't get it together to obtain two or three wins, then their futures and ultimately the coaching staff are in doubt.

It did appear Friday we were outfought and out thought and this can not carry on ad infinitum.
We had by far the superior team both in cost and supposed ability but were eventually out played.
We now have a lengthy period to prepare for the Villa game, let's hope we can get this one right. 

But Tosin is not a "multi millionaire loanee".

Andy S

I see us as getting 9 more with two wins against wolves and Southampton and three draws against Villa Arsenal and Newcastle. That will be a hairy finish with lots of tears and swearing at the tv. There is no margin for failure

Fernhurst

But Tosin is not a "multi millionaire loanee".

Due to the very modest fee paid by Fulham it is rumored he is one of our top earners, so at 50k a week it won't take him long!
Do you believe the performances against City and Leeds were worth it.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lordedmundo

I am optimistic that we will get 2 wins and maybe 3 draws from the last eight.  I don't believe that Newcastle will achieve more than that prior to the last game of the season. So, my view is most likely a shoot out in that last game, but then again - Newcastle's fixtures are tough. Only the Sheffield United game is one they have a good chance of winning and the rest all look like defeats - apart from Burnley away where they could get a draw.

Whereas, I think we have an average to good chance of beating Wolves and Burnley at home and an average chance of draws away to Villa and Southampton.

As long as we don't get any keys players injured and get we BDR back (Cairney would be a bonus), I would say we are still favourites to stay up...

WindyCity

Quote from: Ruislip White on March 20, 2021, 10:51:04 PM
Assuming of course we beat Newcastle!

Assuming we have something to gain by so doing!

Haha, here we go again, it's all about how 'other' teams around us lose all their games.  FFC has to start winning some games!  Take account for their own actions and prospect for survival.  It's all about FFC finding the winning strategy to stay in this league.  Because if we can't stay up this season, it's gonna be dreadful with many years in lower tiers as a massive club rebuild gets underway.  It's gonna be brutal!

Woolly Mammoth

We had an unfortunate set back v Leeds and suddenly people are knee jerking and condemning Fulham to the Championship and all the other recent victories v Liverpool, Sheffield U and Everton and draws v Palace and Burnley etc are forgotten which is not the reaction that is required.
8 matches left and how many could be victory's, bearing in mind we will probably drop points to a team we thought we should beat and grab points off a team we thought we would come away empty handed. That is football that is the reality. So the next match v Villa is the most important one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 21, 2021, 02:39:55 PM
So the next match v Villa is the most important one.

Totally agree with that!!!

humphrey

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 21, 2021, 12:44:55 AM

A far superior team - are you on something. How do you account for scoring only 23/24 goals.  Leeds have scored double that!  If you are able to create and score you have the chance to get out of the mire.  Far superior perhaps to wba, Sheffield Utd, but not Leeds surely.

SuffolkWhite

I get the disappointment of the last game but we are still very much in this race to stay up. Consistency and performance is the key and of course goals scored.

One game at a time, we win our next match and Newcastle lose and then let's see where we are.

Positive thinking everyone COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

roberto w6

Agree that we must stay positive and hope .

It's just that we're on our worst run since November. We've lost 3 out of the last 5 and only have better current form than Southampton and Sheff Utd out of the whole PL.

We seem to have lost our momentum. We need to change something drastically to re-galvanise. For me the answer lies in a change of formation and playing 2 up-front (from BDR, Maja and Mitro). We have to at least give it a try imo

COYW

SuffolkWhite

Agreed Roberto agreed, but remember form is temporary and we could change that in the next few games. The main thing is staying within touching distance (or a win away from staying up) of Newcastle right now.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"