watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer sales

Started by We Are Premier League, March 24, 2021, 10:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

IF we stay up, we might need to sell a few players to generate enough income to sign as many of the loan players as popssible.

There is a long list of players that are likely to go but that wont generate much in terms of sales (many of which will be free transfers), im thinking that we might get a total of 10-15m from this group. Fabri, Ream, Bettinelli, Christie, MLM, Johansen, Seri, Knockaert, Kamara and Kebano.

With that in mind i think we need to let a few of the more valuable players go. If we could get a decent payday I think Bryan, Mitro and Anguissa are possiblities. Would you swap those 3 for Areola, Aina, Maja, Lemina and Lookman?

Getting good value for the sale of all these players, after the biggest recession in modern history, would in my mind be a huge achievement.

In TK we trust  086.gif   

Craven Mad

The real value in thinning-down the squad will come from wage-savings, rather than transfer fees.

There's a lot of deadwood collecting decent salaries.

Sadly, whether we stay up or go down, given how many of our team have expiring contracts (loan or otherwise), we're going to need a very active summer...

JoelH5

I'd sell Anguissa if we can get a decent amount for him. There's a good player in there but he's miles from what he was at the start of the season. More-so I think other areas are more important as we have a decent midfield already. 30 mill for a striker would be very helpful!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JimOG

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 24, 2021, 12:36:42 PM
I'd sell Anguissa if we can get a decent amount for him. There's a good player in there but he's miles from what he was at the start of the season. More-so I think other areas are more important as we have a decent midfield already. 30 mill for a striker would be very helpful!

And a Grealish or Maddison which we hoped we'd bought in Seri

Slaphead in Qatar

It's not just a recession for us, it's a recession for all teams. We may be able to get some good cheap purchases in.

JoelH5

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 24, 2021, 12:55:36 PM
It's not just a recession for us, it's a recession for all teams. We may be able to get some good cheap purchases in.

they might not need to be cheap
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Rational Fan

We must be realistic, that even if we stay up we are still potencial a yo-yo team for a few more years. It's better to keep a few championship players (like Hector, Kebano and Kamara) on the books and send them on loan, than sell them cheap and have to spend £5m+ to get similar talent back that don't know the club.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

To me Lookman still has to prove himself, but as someone said earlier, there is a good player in there
but he needs a lot of coaching and awareness, team players to make him improve.
People criticize Kamara and Kebano but what has Lookman shown us that they haven't ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

PaulJ123

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on March 25, 2021, 01:49:35 AM
To me Lookman still has to prove himself, but as someone said earlier, there is a good player in there
but he needs a lot of coaching and awareness, team players to make him improve.
People criticize Kamara and Kebano but what has Lookman shown us that they haven't ?

Totally agree, Lookman would be a good super sub for a team but still not convinced by him as a starter week in week out, the end product in the final third just isn't there.

Also agree we should sell Anguissa, we play better with Reed and Lemina and Zambo is awful in the CAM role. Sell him for £20-25m