News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Scott Parker does the "great escape" will England pinch him?

Started by Nick Bateman, March 28, 2021, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthIslandWhite

Sorry, but I just have to say. Just a few weeks ago I was reading on this site about calls for the sacking of SP and now the same voices are talking about all of these superb managerial possibilities in Scott's future. I am glad that I have always been consistent in my posts WRT this topic: the man is pure quality, the very image of a proper modern day gaffer. Well done Scotty, England needs you. COYW! 
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

davew

Great topic Nick, must be a wind up, how can he be possibly considered as a potential England manager in the short term, track record is basically zero! Frank Lampard and Eddie Howe must be well ahead of the queue!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nick Bateman

Quote from: davew on March 29, 2021, 09:03:54 PM
Great topic Nick, must be a wind up, how can he be possibly considered as a potential England manager in the short term, track record is basically zero! Frank Lampard and Eddie Howe must be well ahead of the queue!

To the contrary Dave, this was a serious concern of mine I decided to share with fellow Fulham fans. Alike SouthIslandWhite above, I have been consistant in my support for Parker, ever since he chaffeured Lady Penelope in his early youth. But England as someone else pointed out does have a record of pinching Fulham's manager, from Keegan to Roy. One would not be surprised if SP proved his quality by steering Fulham well clear of the danger zone.

Fulham play highly attractive football when the players are all clicking, unlike Southgate's England which has been plodding, pedantically methodical, and despite the influx of young talent actually performed worse. One sees the writing on the wall if England flop in the finals and the FA look to disrupt this club AGAIN.

Scott Parker could prove to be the MOST likely candidate for a vacant England manager's job - he is one of only four English managers of any worth in the EPL and the other three play dire football.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

BHAFC18987

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 29, 2021, 09:21:26 PM

Scott Parker could prove to be the MOST likely candidate for a vacant England manager's job - he is one of only four English managers of any worth in the EPL and the other three play dire football.

Do you include Potter in this? If you do, I wouldn't say we play dire football at all, in fact, the opposite. We just can't score for toffee.

Nick Bateman

Yes I was thinking of Potter. Perhaps he should go manage Stoke??!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Somerset Fulham

Lampard?

blingo

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 30, 2021, 10:22:00 AM

They can have him if his win rate continues as it has done

Willham

I believe SP could be a england manager in the making but he has a long way to go, especially on the attacking side of things, I do see a young southgate in SP and could see him rocking his puffa jackets on the Wembley sidelines.
But he has a long way to go! I'm a little suprised clubs are looking at him already but he does play the passing football modern football like.

toshes mate

For me it's become quite strange watching FFC evolve.  With Slavisa Jokanovic there was a period when I observed what he was doing; what he was constructing; how he linked up player roles on the pitch, but then attention focused on players messing with the head coach's 'rules' or frameworks,  and pushing the limits of their interpretations of lovely football.  Then, as personnel changed, the master's work would start again until player's interpretations could extend and expand upon them.  At Anfield in SJ's last game, his work was out in the open was again and looking bright for better things.

Scott Parker's era has been more about a piece of work that focuses on individual parts without the tapestry ever seeming to be woven together in anything but simple, safety first and sometimes pleasingly pleasant shapes.   Players develop with Parker's plan but it is not so driven by a freedom to explore once the basics are known and stuck to.   That's the difference to me.   Once or twice there has been similarity in play where Parker and Jokanovic have shown or produced common results on the results but it is rare and I still find the difference so stark I wonder why people rate Parker so highly when Jokanovic produced his miracles so freely and without ever being able to influence anything more than the players' minds, spirits and ability to play the simple game.   He never had so many options and certainly never for a whole season give or take a handful of games.

Parker will one day turn a pretty sharp corner at speed but safely and I for one hope it is soon.     

hovewhite

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on March 29, 2021, 08:18:15 PM
Sorry, but I just have to say. Just a few weeks ago I was reading on this site about calls for the sacking of SP and now the same voices are talking about all of these superb managerial possibilities in Scott's future. I am glad that I have always been consistent in my posts WRT this topic: the man is pure quality, the very image of a proper modern day gaffer. Well done Scotty, England needs you. COYW! 
That's message boards for ya

BHAFC18987

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 29, 2021, 11:26:22 PM
Yes I was thinking of Potter. Perhaps he should go manage Stoke??!
The players are not young enough for Potter to work with at Stoke.