watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 29/03/21...

Started by WhiteJC, March 29, 2021, 08:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Former Southampton and Fulham midfielder's hopes of earning deal at Cheltenham Town remain alive

Jersey-born Gloucestershire student impressed during trial period with Robins

James Sunley's hopes of earning a professional contract with Cheltenham Town are very much alive, despite not being able to train with the League Two club since December.

The Hartpury College student, who plays in the centre of midfield, spent four weeks with the Robins after impressing for Tuffley Rovers in an FA Youth Cup tie against Cheltenham at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium in November.

The 17-year-old returned to his family home in Jersey for the Christmas holidays and due to Covid-19 precautions has not been able to link up with Cheltenham since.

Sunley, who has spent time at both Fulham and Southampton, featured for the Robins' youth team against Forest Green Rovers last Tuesday, helping them secure a 1-0 victory.

Playing in a deep-lying midfield position, he hit the crossbar with a shot from 25 yards.

"I like to be as versatile as possible and I enjoy playing in any midfield role," he said.

Cheltenham are still thought to be keen to take him on next season, by which time he will have completed his studies.

"I've worked hard for this chance and I am going to make sure I take it and have no regrets," Sunley said.

"I really enjoyed the competitive nature of training with Cheltenham's first team and it gave me a real drive to continue improving and make sure I'm given the opportunity next year."

During his time in Jersey, Sunley spent much of lockdown training one-on-one with a friend who has also been on trial at Fulham and Southampton, trying to remain as sharp as possible. He was also able to work on honing his skills with the Jersey Football Association.

Now back in Gloucestershire, he will resume training at Hartpury, where he is in his second and final year of a Level Three Extended Diploma.

Sunley also featured for Tuffley's first team in the Hellenic League Premier Division earlier this season.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-southampton-fulham-midfielders-hopes-5238535

filham

Aren't we lucky to have this thread back again.
Thanks whitejc.

Fulham 442

Yes indeed we are.  Many thanks WhiteJC, much appreciated.

bog

Your hard work was much missed whitejc.  :54:

092.gif

RaySmith

ScalleysDad

Thanks for these JC. You have to admire the Kmac attitude towards his transplant. It would be handy to be able to swap body parts for newer models from time to time.

Bill2

sunburywhite

Who are ya
Who are ya

Welcome back, good you are back
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HV71

I'm reminded of Chris Cagle

Welcome everyone
I've just begun the second half of the show
The nitty-gritty of the city wasn't pretty
But it taught me some things I didn't know
I swear that I'm not through
To much to do before the end
And the best place to get started
Is right he with all of my friends

Thank goodness you are back white JC " it's good to be back" with FOF

Fernhurst

Welcome back whitejc
Very interesting set of articles this morning....... thank you.

:54:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum