watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic to Sheffield!!?!

Started by Nick Bateman, April 02, 2021, 01:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

One hears Fulham's ex-manager Slava Jokanovic is a front runner for the proper job at Sheffield United. I have no ill towards Sheffield doing well with this appointment - it will be a sea change from the style of football former boss Chris Wilder adopted but I can see them bouncing back from the Championship as Jokanovic has credentials at that level.

One only hopes Fulham are in a different division for it not matter to us.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

This news broke a while ago, a decision is a long time coming. I wonder what is happening.

PaulJ123

Wish Slav all the best if he does go there. Excellent manager of one of my favourite ever Fulham teams.  049:gif

fcfulham55

I'd certainly tune in to watch them if this happened.

Most entertaining style I've seen at Fulham, but the best being Tigana's.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

jayffc

I know he wasnt getting results for us at prem level, but I'd still have him back here in a heartbeat. Scott was doing awfully with the defense Slav had too, as was Ranieri!

Would love to see what he could do with the defense we have today, gets on really well with Mitro too and knows how to get the best out of him. Not slandering Scott here but just being honest...the most I've enjoyed watching Fulham since Roy's euro run and the best attacking football since Tigana.

St Eve

If they get him they will be red hot favorites to go up

bog

Whenever there is a posting for Slav I will always say I will NEVER forget the times he gave us. Taking over when we were a shambles and having to sell Dembele the 2nd and McCormack at the end of  that season. Where were the goals coming from? Answer:- from everywhere as 'we'  scored over 80 the following season. With such a style of play he took us on a 23 game unbeaten run and to Wembey. He then had to work with a load of rubbish forced on him before being sacked. This after finally shuffling the squad to get a very promising showing at Liverpool to be replaced by the clown that was Ranieri. Grrr...and worse!

Good luck Slav!  :54: 049:gif

092.gif   

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: bog on April 03, 2021, 09:22:03 AM
Whenever there is a posting for Slav I will always say I will NEVER forget the times he gave us. Taking over when we were a shambles and having to sell Dembele the 2nd and McCormack at the end of  that season. Where were the goals coming from? Answer:- from everywhere as 'we'  scored over 80 the following season. With such a style of play he took us on a 23 game unbeaten run and to Wembey. He then had to work with a load of rubbish forced on him before being sacked. This after finally shuffling the squad to get a very promising showing at Liverpool to be replaced by the clown that was Ranieri. Grrr...and worse!

092.gif   
Good post. Couldn't agree more. The only thing I struggled with where his press conferences. In every other respect he was a class act.

hovewhite

Hope your back in england Slav good luck.

HV71

Quote from: bog on April 03, 2021, 09:22:03 AM

092.gif   

Spot on
If he ever comes back as a visiting manager to the Cottage I will be stood up applauding him as he walks to the dug out. Great coach and fantastic , unforgettable foitball

SouthIslandWhite

When we sacked Slav, I thought it was a rookie move on our part. Still do. But he will do well at Sheffield United.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic's 'staggering' Qatar wage revealed as Sheffield United weigh up ex-Fulham, Watford boss

Former Fulham and Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic is earning a reported £2.5million-a-year at Qatari club Al-Gharafa, and Sheffield United will have to 'come close' to that figure to tempt him back to England.

Sheffield United are being linked with the Serbian manager after parting ways with long-standing manager Chris Wilder last month.

Jokanovic, 52, is famed for his stints in charge of Fulham and Watford – he guided the latter to promotion into the Premier League back in 2015, and did so with Fulham in 2018.

He's been with Al-Gharafa since July 2019. Now though, The Sun on Sunday (04.04.21, pg. 61) reports that Jokanovic is earning a staggering £2.5million-a-year to manage the club – after tax.

Alan Nixon goes on to write how Sheffield United 'will have to come close' to that number to stand any chance of tempting the Serb to come to Bramall Lane in time for next season.

The Blades look set for relegation into the Championship and there's fewer managers out there with better and more recent credentials in that division that Jokanovic.

At both Watford and Fulham he proved a shrewd manager both on the pitch and in the transfer market – he's a no-nonsense type boss but he played attractive and effective football, much like Wilder did on his journey to the Premier League with Sheffield United.

It seems a match made in heaven but for now, the move seems to hinge on whether United can afford him.

https://the72.co.uk/229830/slavisa-jokanovics-staggering-qatar-wage-revealed-as-sheffield-united-weigh-up-ex-fulham-watford-boss/

New Kid on the Block

He was a great manager for us and I still miss his style of play. Hope it all goes well for him.