more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by ChesterTheTabby, April 04, 2021, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on April 04, 2021, 06:59:14 PM
Tosin 'needlessly' lost possession I'm sure, because he would naturally boot it upfield but he's been told to play it out from the back.

Fair point.

Although, if this were the case, Parker would surely have had to have accepted responsibility for Tosin's mistake in his post-match interview.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: ALG01 on April 04, 2021, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on April 04, 2021, 06:17:16 PM
New scapegoat in

wow, what would yopu have us say. tosin once again needlessly loses possesion and costs us a goal. the error was unforgiveable. Unforgiveable and this is the best you have as a post? Ridiculous.

Ridiculous how? If its not him, it'll be someone else. Lookman maybe. RLC perhaps.
As I said, he's being made a scapegoat. Dip in form but it's his fault we lost. Ridiculous.

davew

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on April 04, 2021, 06:13:30 PM
Pathetic.
Really, probably best then to forget all the other performances he has made which have kept us in the relegation battle, rather than we are doomed already!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

If Villa had lost, hate to be in Mings shoes, a quality defender! I wonder what their forum would have said?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Penfold

Lack of good coaching, I reckon. Hector looked great when we first signed him and has gone downhill.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FFC1987

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 04, 2021, 08:40:08 PM
New scapegoat in

:plus one:

Not sure how this is good point to be honest. Tosin was poor today was he not? I guess if you mean he's the only player to be pointed out as poor, well, Tosin has been poor for 3 games now so deserves some criticism. That said, today, I think only Tete had a good game with maybe Mitro and Reed having a meh 'ok' game. Everyone else was poor. So I guess I get your point if that's what you mean. To win was a reason we lost today. Not THE reason.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Willham on April 04, 2021, 06:50:40 PM
The one thing I'd say to defend him is, he shouldnt have been played the ball in the first place

You're right about this but possibly wrong about the situation? (Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!!)

I'd very much encourage anyone who wants to blame Tosin to have a look at the 2 passes befor he received the ball. RLC dribbles into a crowded middle third of the pitch quite deep and plays it to Lemina who is under pressure, who plays it to Tosin who is under pressure.

I'd have massive questions over why our attacking midfielders are dribbling into the Villa press so close to our defensive line. Smacks of lack of care/attention/decision making.

HillingdonFFC

Tosin has ,by & large been magnificent, but like a lot of young players who start off very well, they have a period like this. Unfortunately for us, his dip in form & to be honest Andersen too, has come at the very worst time for us.
I was worried at the time, when a few weeks back there was a lot in the papers about him & Andersen, the Thames Barrier etc, I hoped they wouldn't start believing their own press. Tony Mowbray , who had him at Blackburn, said he needs to defend first then worry about the other stuff. Seems to me he's switched off a bit ala Zat Kinght in recent games

grandad

Tosin reminds me of the early Hangeland. Good at defending with his head. Good anticipation of crosses but like Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet. He needs to do the easy things before trying to do the creative things. Maybe he needs to be benched for a spell.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ALG01

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on April 04, 2021, 08:20:00 PM
New scapegoat in

wow, what would yopu have us say. tosin once again needlessly loses possesion and costs us a goal. the error was unforgiveable. Unforgiveable and this is the best you have as a post? Ridiculous.

Ridiculous how? If its not him, it'll be someone else. Lookman maybe. RLC perhaps.
As I said, he's being made a scapegoat. Dip in form but it's his fault we lost. Ridiculous.

I am sorry you didn't understand. He is not being made a scapegot. His performance and errrors were not good enough and he has been guilty in each of the last three games of dwelling in the ball and making poor decisions. these were all avoidable errors that he really has to learn from.

Yiour post is unfortunately an attack on people that love the club from speaking up. and by the way RLC was dreadful in the second half, totally disapeared. lemina, was poor losing possesion and fouling in dangerous positions, but he did win the ball that led to our goal.

I like tosin, he is a brialliant acquisition, but three ina row, he needs to be held to account, then given a cuddle (emotional) and told to do better. I want him in the team V wolves and I want him to be his best and to stay focused 100% of the time. scapegoats are when there is no reason, the last three games there has been reason!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: ALG01 on April 05, 2021, 11:26:24 AM
New scapegoat in

I am sorry you didn't understand. He is not being made a scapegot. His performance and errrors were not good enough and he has been guilty in each of the last three games of dwelling in the ball and making poor decisions. these were all avoidable errors that he really has to learn from.

Yiour post is unfortunately an attack on people that love the club from speaking up. and by the way RLC was dreadful in the second half, totally disapeared. lemina, was poor losing possesion and fouling in dangerous positions, but he did win the ball that led to our goal.

I like tosin, he is a brialliant acquisition, but three ina row, he needs to be held to account, then given a cuddle (emotional) and told to do better. I want him in the team V wolves and I want him to be his best and to stay focused 100% of the time. scapegoats are when there is no reason, the last three games there has been reason!

He's being ripped to pieces, unfairly. He has hit a dip of form but some on here seem to be blaming soley him. Hence my scapegoat comment. Mitro had more than 3 games in a row of being poor, he wasn't made out to be the whole problem.
Pathetic.

alfie

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on April 05, 2021, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 05, 2021, 11:26:24 AM
New scapegoat in

He's being ripped to pieces, unfairly. He has hit a dip of form but some on here seem to be blaming soley him. Hence my scapegoat comment. Mitro had more than 3 games in a row of being poor, he wasn't made out to be the whole problem.
Pathetic.
It's not about being made a scapegoat, he had plenty of time to play back to keeper, but he dithered, there is no other way of saying it, he made the mistake.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Should we admonish players who make mistakes, especially when focusing on defenders who are most likely to give goals away?   Did Ming's mistake cost Villa the game and if not then does that make him a better player than Adarabioyo?   Is it the focus on defensive mistakes rather than mistakes generally that Is causing problems?    Is Parker's bravery at decision making able to be better or worse than his tactics of having a side that is hard to beat but plainly unlikely to score themselves?   Everything about us at the moment hinges on not conceding rather than outscoring our opponents but I don't know if that is because Parker is unimaginative or just unable to construct a game plan which doesn't collapse as soon as we concede.   

It's the ever present inconsistency surrounding Parker that bothers me the most.  I mentioned last week that Parker needs to be able to take a sharp corner safely at speed and it would seem to me that he just isn't willing to do that.   He may still keep the vehicle on the road and achieve survival but it is going to be very hard to watch the carnage that takes place to do so.   What is apparent to me is it wouldn't matter who we had playing up front without having a much better handle on how you construct attacks in the first place.   You have to have ways of playing through opponents, catching them on the break, capitalising on mistakes and opening defences up, and not just a one size fits all team play book.    It's about playmakers and tactics and we do not have a playmaker.         

Tempest

New scapegoat in

Unforgivable? Really? Cannot imagine anything in sport being unforgivable, a tad of an over reaction.

Someone made a mistake. Big deal. Footballers make mistakes as does every person in the world.

It's just a game.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

RaySmith

Tosin seems to have lost some confidence, and has been caught in possession a couple of times recently, leading to goals against us.

I had noticed  how he and  Andersen dwell on the ball, in the playing out from the back style, and Tosin seemed particularly slow, often pausing a to look up to see if a pass was on.  But he always seemed very skilful in evading  opposing players attempting to dispossess him, though the close passing interaction at the  back did often  lead me  have a sharp intake of breath, as i waited for the opponent to win the ball, and put it in our net.

But Tosin was getting away with it, and looked  almost arrogant, in the way he evaded tackles in dangerous  areas,  but  now he  often is caught in possession, and Andersen too has some hairy moments.

But it's important that Tosin  can  regain his confidence - a clean sheet and  win would do wonders, but  he probably needs some coaching,  to try not to  dwell on the ball at the back, but get rid  quick, even a boot upfield, now opponents seem to see closing our defenders down when in possession is a potential weakness they can exploit.
But we've been  here before with the dangers of playing it out from the back, and we aren't the only team to be caught out.

I don't think the Burnleys and  now WBA, under Big Sam, are often caught out in this way, and try to get it up to attackers with pace, who can score.
But not sure we have the players to do this, though Mitro is certainly a centre forward who can get on the end of crosses.

But re being caught in possession at the back, the mantra should be 'if in doubt, give the ball a clout.'
Now we have to be safety first above all, at the back.
Maybe a more long ball style, with players getting into the opponents box too.

But we  have to keep it tight at the back, which  we did seem to be doing so well, or  we'll be undone in every game.
I don't think we are capable of doing a Leeds, and saying 'you score  3 and we'll score 4.'

LittleErn

Quote from: RaySmith on April 05, 2021, 01:13:08 PM
Tosin seems to have lost some confidence, and has been caught in possession a couple of times recently, leading to goals against us.

I had noticed  how he and  Andersen dwell on the ball, in the playing out from the back style, and Tosin seemed particularly slow, often pausing a to look up to see if a pass was on.  But he always seemed very skilful in evading  opposing players attempting to dispossess him, though the close passing interaction at the  back did often  lead me  have a sharp intake of breath, as i waited for the opponent to win the ball, and put it in our net.

But Tosin was getting away with it, and looked  almost arrogant, in the way he evaded tackles in dangerous  areas,  but  now he  often is caught in possession, and Andersen too has some hairy moments.

But it's important that Tosin  can  regain his confidence - a clean sheet and  win would do wonders, but  he probably needs some coaching,  to try not to  dwell on the ball at the back, but get rid  quick, even a boot upfield, now opponents seem to see closing our defenders down when in possession is a potential weakness they can exploit.
But we've been  here before with the dangers of playing it out from the back, and we aren't the only team to be caught out.

I don't think the Burnleys and  now WBA, under Big Sam, are often caught out in this way, and try to get it up to attackers with pace, who can score.
But not sure we have the players to do this, though Mitro is certainly a centre forward who can get on the end of crosses.

But re being caught in possession at the back, the mantra should be 'if in doubt, give the ball a clout.'
Now we have to be safety first above all, at the back.
Maybe a more long ball style, with players getting into the opponents box too.

But we  have to keep it tight at the back, which  we did seem to be doing so well, or  we'll be undone in every game.
I don't think we are capable of doing a Leeds, and saying 'you score  3 and we'll score 4.'

It's becoming similar to watching Ream dwell on the ball until dispossessed. Perhaps they're trained to do that? Could be a tactic to draw the opponents forward. 😇

ALG01

Quote from: Tempest on April 05, 2021, 01:04:49 PM
New scapegoat in

Unforgivable? Really? Cannot imagine anything in sport being unforgivable, a tad of an over reaction.

Someone made a mistake. Big deal. Footballers make mistakes as does every person in the world.

It's just a game.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Actually it is no longer just a game. And unfirtunately some of us invest way to much of our emotion to living and breathing the well being of the team.

The error was wholly avoidable, he had loads of time we were not in any danger and he fouled up big time. Unforgiveable. BUT do i think he is a good player, yes, do i think he should start the next game, yes. Do I think he has been one of our best performers this season, yes...and unffortunately we need players like him not to make such school boy errors. He ius way better than that.

I am sure he will learn from this and come back better. But the mistakes he has made in the last game or so were all childish and foolish and if we are to survive he just has ot play safer.

I want him to be the best he can be and that will be IMO an exceptional defender.