watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Norwich City

Started by Jules, April 06, 2021, 08:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Shocking in the prem last season and relegated with barely a whimper but kept their manager and squad together this season in the champ. Flying at the top of the league and 5-0 up at HALF TIME tonight! Watford looking good for a return also

FFC1987

I think a bigger reason that they're on the bounce is the players they kept who were primed and ready for another championship season. I do like their manager though.

SP

The Championship is far more entertaining despite the automatic places almost confirmed already.  I'll look forward to seeing the chokers in another play-off.

davew

Hope they both get promoted, wouldn't fancy playing either of them in the Championship next season.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jarv

Newcastle did a similar thing a few years ago. Went down, kept all the good players and came straight back up.  Take note Fulham.

Gezza

Quote from: jarv on April 06, 2021, 09:35:02 PM
Newcastle did a similar thing a few years ago. Went down, kept all the good players and came straight back up.  Take note Fulham.

Didn't we do that last season ?

HillingdonFFC

They did very well to keep hold of Buendia, I was hoping we might've gone in for him, I'd imagine hes on a completely different level to nearly everyone else in that division

JimOG

Quote from: SP on April 06, 2021, 09:32:53 PM
The Championship is far more entertaining despite the automatic places almost confirmed already.  I'll look forward to seeing the chokers in another play-off.

Agreed but it's closer in standard to Div 2 than the Premiership. The accumulation of wealth by established sides and their ability to buy world class talent leaves virtually all Championship sides at risk of relegation once promoted -that includes Norwich. That's why I fear relegation - the exit of our best plus the loss of ageing former decent players could be devastating unless SK & TK are allowed under FFP regs to invest significantly

Buffalo76

Quote from: Gezza on April 06, 2021, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: jarv on April 06, 2021, 09:35:02 PM

Didn't we do that last season ?

:plus one:

MJG

On Newcastle...they sold nearly 90M worth of players the summer they went down and then spent nearly 60M on another 11 coming in.
Just the views of a long term fan

JimOG

Quote from: MJG on April 07, 2021, 01:28:20 PM
On Newcastle...they sold nearly 90M worth of players the summer they went down and then spent nearly 60M on another 11 coming in.

If my memory serves me well we beat them 1-0 Matt Smith header in the opening game of the season but I remember how impressive they were. Commentator said their spend was £54 million. They and Wolves ...to a lesser extent Leeds, looked like they had a core to get them through year 1 in the Prem. Who did we have? I assumed Rodak (who has hardly played) & Mitro (ditto) .
Reed, who was a loan player, has been great, BDR as had flashes of quality and Cav who is definitely not Prem standard. We had no core group on which to build. I'm not sure where we stand in terms of FFP regulations but I can see Areola, Andersen, Zambo going possibly with Tete. Will Mitro stay in such a defensive philosophy? So where does that leave us...certainly some money from those transfers + parachute payments if wisely spent might give us a much better Championship side than the last 2 efforts...maybe

Keefy

They have a manager...we don't. They have a team.... we don't. Just my opininion 

MJG

Quote from: JimOG on April 07, 2021, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 07, 2021, 01:28:20 PM

If my memory serves me well we beat them 1-0 Matt Smith header in the opening game of the season but I remember how impressive they were. Commentator said their spend was £54 million. They and Wolves ...to a lesser extent Leeds, looked like they had a core to get them through year 1 in the Prem. Who did we have? I assumed Rodak (who has hardly played) & Mitro (ditto) .
Reed, who was a loan player, has been great, BDR as had flashes of quality and Cav who is definitely not Prem standard. We had no core group on which to build. I'm not sure where we stand in terms of FFP regulations but I can see Areola, Andersen, Zambo going possibly with Tete. Will Mitro stay in such a defensive philosophy? So where does that leave us...certainly some money from those transfers + parachute payments if wisely spent might give us a much better Championship side than the last 2 efforts...maybe
Another way to look at it is that when they went up they spent only 45M and sold 21m

We just seem to go...Championship team to get up...PL team to try and stay up....very little planning when we went down to look 2 seasons ahead and try to have players you will have failth in for the PL and also stay in Championship. Not easy i know but that has to be the goal while adding and taking a bit here and there in the summers and not going all Loan Utd
Just the views of a long term fan

Jules

I still think we can survive this season, but Newcastle have to be favourites now. If we do go down I really hope we have a plan to get back up in 2-3 seasons. Target some permanent signings with good potential to grow and develop with us. That way if we get back up we don't have to start all over again 6 or 7 games into a prem season.

Bassey the warrior

Norwich spent almost nothing last year. I really like them and look forward to seeing them come up again, they will have learnt from last time. They'd do well to learn from Potter's Brighton, another good attacking team but much better at defending.

FFC In Oz

They had a much better core squad than we will next season.  Players like Buendia, Cantwell, Pukki & Aarons for starters.  Our best players will all be returning to their parent clubs next season and we will have to rebuild.  Again.

Jules

Quote from: FFC In Oz on April 08, 2021, 03:09:19 PM
They had a much better core squad than we will next season.  Players like Buendia, Cantwell, Pukki & Aarons for starters.  Our best players will all be returning to their parent clubs next season and we will have to rebuild.  Again.
Depressing isn't it?! Ream, Odoi and Hector again with recalled Knocks, Christie, Mawson and S Sess to look forward to as well. I pray we manage to sneak survival somehow and build from what we have in the prem