more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Outdone by a body builder

Started by perry geyton, April 09, 2021, 10:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 10, 2021, 02:26:37 PM
Areola should have saved it, beaten at near post!

Goal keepers get eaten at the near post it happens. If he'd been closer to his near post he would have beaten across him. A keeper can work his angles as best he can but can be eaten if the shot is that powerful.

perry geyton

Quote from: SP on April 10, 2021, 02:42:06 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on April 10, 2021, 02:37:36 PM
Most of the teams in Premier League struggle against Adama, he is really fast and strong. Any team would take him, including us.

Spot on.  Why he's being described as a meat head & a goon is a complete mystery to me.

Lighten up
He belongs at Chippendales not at a football club

RaySmith

He's powerful with an incredible burst of pace, and skill too, and a fierce shot on him.

He managed to finally burst through our defence, while we were  committed to attack, got a bit lucky maybe with a deflection, but I feel we should have made sure we were more prepared for this break, however much we wanted that winning goal - which didn't look that likely through their packed defence.

We had to go for it obviously.

But I said to myself 'they will break and score', but tried to push the nightmare scenario away, but I wasn't too surprised when that's just what they did, though gutted, as were Scott and the players - I really felt for them.

COYW 049:gif

Denver Fulham

It's not as simple as "getting beaten at the near post." That can happen.

On this play, there was literally nothing else Traore could do besides shoot from a really poor angle. There was no pass available. There was no other Wolves player anywhere close to the 18. Yet Areola was *really* deep in his goal instead of cutting down the angle AND then took a false step to his right when the shot was hit. I have no idea what he was doing, but he badly misread the play and was beaten by a shot that a keeper of his quality should stop 100% of the time. It was a big error.

That said, that's not why we lost or why we're probably going down. That's due to Parker's inability to coach attacking football. You can whinge all you want about the lack of attacking quality on the roster, but Scott's "attack" was dreary in the Championship, too, when we had superior talent to almost every opponent. If he stays -- and I'm not averse to it, as he cares and has shown some growth as a manager this season -- he needs to hire an assistant coach who can help him with attacking tactics.

bog

Quote from: shepperton white on April 10, 2021, 11:54:26 AM
And I believe it's first goal this season!!

His first for 48 games...... :doh:

SouthIslandWhite

That goal yesterday and the Lookman wasted penalty at West Ham will be the two defining moments of the year when we look back.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

Let us not concentrate on the goal we concede, in fact we conceded two and I would be jumping for joy had they been our goals.
The major problem of course is yet another 90 minutes football at the Cottage against an out of form mid table team without a Fulham goal.

perry geyton

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on April 10, 2021, 05:11:12 PM
That goal yesterday and the Lookman wasted penalty at West Ham will be the two defining moments of the year when we look back.

And the Spurs equalizer

Asotosyios

Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 10, 2021, 04:50:19 PM
It's not as simple as "getting beaten at the near post." That can happen.

On this play, there was literally nothing else Traore could do besides shoot from a really poor angle. There was no pass available. There was no other Wolves player anywhere close to the 18. Yet Areola was *really* deep in his goal instead of cutting down the angle AND then took a false step to his right when the shot was hit. I have no idea what he was doing, but he badly misread the play and was beaten by a shot that a keeper of his quality should stop 100% of the time. It was a big error.

That said, that's not why we lost or why we're probably going down. That's due to Parker's inability to coach attacking football. You can whinge all you want about the lack of attacking quality on the roster, but Scott's "attack" was dreary in the Championship, too, when we had superior talent to almost every opponent. If he stays -- and I'm not averse to it, as he cares and has shown some growth as a manager this season -- he needs to hire an assistant coach who can help him with attacking tactics.

Completely agree with this.

perry geyton

I propose Adama Traore and five gallons of baby oil should be our first signing in preparation for the Championship