Outdone by a body builder

Started by perry geyton, April 09, 2021, 10:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

I knew that meat head would score

I feel nothing, we deserve nothing

Should of been 2-0

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Denver Fulham

Areola's been terrific bar a couple moments all season, but that's a dreadful goal to concede. His positioning was inexplicable. It wasn't even that good a shot.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 09, 2021, 10:04:30 PM
Areola's been terrific bar a couple moments all season, but that's a dreadful goal to concede. His positioning was inexplicable. It wasn't even that good a shot.

Well he probably wasn't expecting Andersen to jovially jog toward Traore and give him the chance to welly it at the goal

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 09, 2021, 10:06:58 PM

Well he probably wasn't expecting Andersen to jovially jog toward Traore and give him the chance to welly it at the goal

Andersen did perfectly fine. The worst thing he could do there is overcommit and have Traore cut back inside him. He kept the threat to a bare minimum and Areola biffed it.

SP

Wish we had that body builder in our team.

perry geyton

Quote from: SP on April 09, 2021, 10:51:00 PM

Quote from: SP on April 09, 2021, 10:51:00 PM
I wouldn't want that lubed up Goon any where near Fulham

JoelH5

Looks like a loving cartoon character
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Stevieboy

rebel

He was diving around like the other Wolves players, moaning every time he got tackled. A bit more concentration at the end of the match and a draw was possible.

shepperton white

And I believe it's first goal this season!!

rebel

Quote from: shepperton white on April 10, 2021, 11:54:26 AM

I'm sure they ,mentioned since 2019 in commentary.

Isn't it the case that Leeds, Villa and Wolves all had been going through a bad patch before they played us, but then won against us.

Bill2

Quote from: rebel on April 10, 2021, 12:19:13 PM

Isn't it the case that Leeds, Villa and Wolves all had been going through a bad patch before they played us, but then won against us.
It would appear that we are the gift that keeps on giving.  No doubt our result will give Newcastle that lift on Sunday.

Fulham1959

???  It was like a missile !

"Shouldn't be beaten at the near post" is mostly a cliché.  A goalkeeper has to be ready for any type of shot.  Near post shots can be as difficult to save as cross shots.

rebel

Quote from: Bill2 on April 10, 2021, 01:12:58 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 10, 2021, 12:19:13 PM

It would appear that we are the gift that keeps on giving.  No doubt our result will give Newcastle that lift on Sunday.

It happened quite a lot this season, players who haven't scored for months, years etc scoring against us, teams on a losing streak winning against us etc.

bobbo

Traore fires off shots similar every game he plays they all go into the stands etc , just why did he get lucky against us .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cookieg

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 10, 2021, 01:23:10 PM

???  It was like a missile !

"Shouldn't be beaten at the near post" is mostly a cliché.  A goalkeeper has to be ready for any type of shot.  Near post shots can be as difficult to save as cross shots.

If the shot had gone across him people would still complain that he should have saved that. The ball was hit with a lot of power and flew passed Areola. Maybe if it had smacked him in the face had have saved it but it was very well hit , maybe a lucky strike.

Nick Bateman

Areola should have saved it, beaten at near post!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Moltobueno

Most of the teams in Premier League struggle against Adama, he is really fast and strong. Any team would take him, including us.

SP

Quote from: Moltobueno on April 10, 2021, 02:37:36 PM
Most of the teams in Premier League struggle against Adama, he is really fast and strong. Any team would take him, including us.

Spot on.  Why he's being described as a meat head & a goon is a complete mystery to me.