more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lose almost the Entire first 11

Started by Rodshig, April 10, 2021, 07:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: colham on April 10, 2021, 09:02:15 AM
If you remove the loanees, what's left should be good enough to compete in the Champ with some additions.  Challenge will be if some of them want to move on or have a push.

We'd have a line up of:

Rodak
Tete - Kongolo - Tosin - Robinson
Cairney - Onomah - Reed
Cav - Mitro - BDR

Along with Anguissa, Bryan, Hector, Knockaert, Kebano, Kamara etc.

We need better attacking options no doubt.
Yes, that is about the size of it. All of the loan players will be out of the door like a shot from a gun closely followed by Anguissa. We should do everything possible to hold on to Mitro and Reed while finding alternatives to Cav. and Reid in attack. Also we could make use of Stefjo in midfield.
Sounds like a possible mid table season with a few goals and wins at the Cottage.

MickTheBeard

I think a lot of people have forgotten that not only did Tony buy some bad players cav, knock hart etc he also gave improved contracts to Betts,cairney kabano and kamara etc which means hard to shift and ones with an option like Betts he is really on high money we would be and are paying part of his wages on loan as kabano kamara Johnson christie seri lemarchard knockhart mowson are all coming out of our budget and their not playing in our squad how stupid is that what a waist of resources.Tonys the culprit playing monopoly with dads money.

Lordedmundo

I hope that we move on Le Marchand, Kamara, Seri, Knockaert, Mawson and Christie. I would keep Ream as the 4th choice centre half.

Hopefully we can keep Tete, but Anguissa, Mitro and the loanees likely to move on.

Still, a good squad will remain - but with obvious weaknesses in attack and probably midfield - especially if Cairney is not back fully fit.

If we are back in the Championship, hopefully a new manager will give opportunities to some of the younger players..

Denver Fulham

Quote from: colham on April 10, 2021, 08:16:48 AM
I like Aina.  He's been better than Tete who has been very disappointing.

Not sure what you have been watching. Tete's been one of our best players this season. He's a classy more traditional fullback with a bit of a cross on him.

Mickeyboro

He isn't a Fredericks, though... Miss that guy.

If Tête-à-tête goes post relegation, maybe Fred would return?

Arthur

If Anguissa and Mitrovic can leave even though they are under contract, what difference does it make that Andersen, Areola, Lookman and Loftus-Cheek are loanees? Even had we signed them permanently, their reputations mean they would be off just the same.

The notion we've hampered our chances of promotion with our use of loan players this season seems a 'red herring' to me. On the contrary, we've sold no one. Parker could field exactly the same XI in the opening game of next season as won us the play-off final last season. And added to last season's team, we now have Tosin, Kongolo, Robinson and Tete. Further still, our parachute payment will mean we'll have a bit of spending power in the summer - likely more so than any current Championship club - provided we can trim down the numbers by offloading those who are likely to be surplus to requirements (Knockaert for one, at a guess).

Whitesideup

Quote from: Lordedmundo on April 10, 2021, 04:17:50 PM
I hope that we move on Le Marchand, Kamara, Seri, Knockaert, Mawson and Christie. I would keep Ream as the 4th choice centre half.

Hopefully we can keep Tete, but Anguissa, Mitro and the loanees likely to move on.

Still, a good squad will remain - but with obvious weaknesses in attack and probably midfield - especially if Cairney is not back fully fit.

If we are back in the Championship, hopefully a new manager will give opportunities to some of the younger players..
Which younger players? Don't know if you've noticed but the under 23s have been losing to the likes of Burnley, Reading and Stoke, and it is a big step up to first team football.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Whitesideup on April 10, 2021, 06:18:36 PM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on April 10, 2021, 04:17:50 PM

Which younger players? Don't know if you've noticed but the under 23s have been losing to the likes of Burnley, Reading and Stoke, and it is a big step up to first team football.

That doesn't really mean a lot. Should our U23 beat all these teams so that a player or two get a chance with the first team? They don't have all of them to be wonderkids - filling a a place as a squad player could help as well.

Random example: last year, Arter played 1,750 minutes for us. How much worse do you think we would have done had we shared those minutes say between O'Riley and Francois? That's 10 games each - it would do wonders for their development and the young players would actually think they might get a chance to play at Fulham. Instead, we never play them bar the last 5 minutes at a League CUp game  so we can say they got their chance but they are not good enough.

Most probably some of them won't be good enough, but at least they should get a proper chance rather than having journeymen like Arter (again, random example) because we need experience and they know the league. I know a lot have been written here about O'Riley and his agent, but from the very little I saw of him I liked him and thought he should have played more than 150 minutes last year.

Rodshig

Quote from: Arthur on April 10, 2021, 06:07:26 PM
If Anguissa and Mitrovic can leave even though they are under contract, what difference does it make that Andersen, Areola, Lookman and Loftus-Cheek are loanees? Even had we signed them permanently, their reputations mean they would be off just the same.

The notion we've hampered our chances of promotion with our use of loan players this season seems a 'red herring' to me. On the contrary, we've sold no one. Parker could field exactly the same XI in the opening game of next season as won us the play-off final last season. And added to last season's team, we now have Tosin, Kongolo, Robinson and Tete. Further still, our parachute payment will mean we'll have a bit of spending power in the summer - likely more so than any current Championship club - provided we can trim down the numbers by offloading those who are likely to be surplus to requirements (Knockaert for one, at a guess).

Anguissa and mitro have been with the club for a while now. We won't be able to match their ambitions anymore with a second relegation.