watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lose almost the Entire first 11

Started by Rodshig, April 10, 2021, 07:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodshig

Squad rebuild start all over again.  All the loan players will be gone.

Expect anguissa and mitro to leave as well.

We will only be left with Reed, Tete, bobby reid, tosin and cav

Never liked the extensive loan policy in place. Zero continuity.

Got to rely on the likes of knockert, ak47 and johansen in the championship again

JimmyConway

Don't see Tete or Reed being here. Both will have suitors along with probably Robinson. It could all get very messy where the squad is concerned?

Beamer

With the obvious exceptions who in our squad would actually get into other premiership sides.

Rodshig

Quote from: Beamer on April 10, 2021, 07:47:23 AM
With the obvious exceptions who in our squad would actually get into other premiership sides.

I would think most of our loanees are good enough for the premiership.  Collectively maybe no but i can see them being in the squads of other pl teams.  Maybe with the exception of Aina

colham

I like Aina.  He's been better than Tete who has been very disappointing.

Karlos

Your not wrong.

With so many loan players leaving and the few permanent players that will inevitably leave too, we're on for yet another rebuild.

Milo

Try to retain Tete, Tosin, Robinson, Reed, and Mitrovic and could still win games.

simplyfulham

Quote from: colham on April 10, 2021, 08:16:48 AM
I like Aina.  He's been better than Tete who has been very disappointing.

Couldn't disagree more strongly.

Tete is and has been far better than Aina. Just have a look at Aina losing his marker for the disallowed goal yesterday.

colham

If you remove the loanees, what's left should be good enough to compete in the Champ with some additions.  Challenge will be if some of them want to move on or have a push.

We'd have a line up of:

Rodak
Tete - Kongolo - Tosin - Robinson
Cairney - Onomah - Reed
Cav - Mitro - BDR

Along with Anguissa, Bryan, Hector, Knockaert, Kebano, Kamara etc.

We need better attacking options no doubt.

HV71

Tete loves a tackle ( rare for defenders these days due to the laws of the game ) - his timing is very good indeed . I would definitely keep him

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We have been lacking attacking options to refresh or change the shape of our attack when necessary. There have only been Mitro, Maja, Cav BDR and  Lockman to play the punishing schedule this season without any cover in the case of injuries. Our attacking midfielders have been disappointing to put it mildly and Cairney for all his limitations has been sadly missed for his ability to score important goals. Was it a mistake to loan out Kebano and AK leaving this shortage of attacking options? If they were not good enough it has produced a very unbalanced looking squad and we have paid the penalty.

Facts Not Fiction

I'd like us to abandon the mass loan system for a summer, trim down the squad, and rebuild around a good core. Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Robinson, Onomah, Reed, Cairney, BDR & Cavaleiro is a good core to work around. Sell Mitro and Zambo and use that money to fund the rebuild.

bill taylors apprentice

I suppose the core of decent players on contracts is better than the previous 2 relegation squads.
BUT its really time to move kebano, AK, Knockhart, Bettinelli, Mawson on.
Maybe even Steffan as I can't see him being motivated to stay.

AJW48361

Will all these players find premier league clubs? The present financial climate not good.

Jules

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 10, 2021, 09:38:24 AM
I'd like us to abandon the mass loan system for a summer, trim down the squad, and rebuild around a good core. Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Robinson, Onomah, Reed, Cairney, BDR & Cavaleiro is a good core to work around. Sell Mitro and Zambo and use that money to fund the rebuild.
Agreed. Need to use those as a base to build from. Forget mass loans. One or two yes, but half a team of loans gets us back to square one again like we are seeing.

Jules

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 10, 2021, 10:11:01 AM
I suppose the core of decent players on contracts is better than the previous 2 relegation squads.
Agreed. I would add Ream, Hector, Odoi to that list as well. They are not and will never be good enough for the prem and we need to find players that have potential and can step up in 2-3 years if/when we get back up. Need to freshen things up with some new targets.

Rodshig

For the loanees we will definitely not be able to keep them.

Key question is whether we can keep zambo and mitro. Zambo was not keen to stick around the 1st time we were in the championship and i am quite certain he will move on. Mitro i am not sure, he may feel its time for a new challenge.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Jules on April 10, 2021, 10:25:07 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 10, 2021, 10:11:01 AM
Agreed. I would add Ream, Hector, Odoi to that list as well. They are not and will never be good enough for the prem and we need to find players that have potential and can step up in 2-3 years if/when we get back up. Need to freshen things up with some new targets.

Agreed. There's a limit to how many times a player will be up for a promotion fight only to be dumped when we are promoted. Plus some of them aren't good enough or they're past it.

Hector might be worth keeping for the Championship though. If he regains his confidence we know he can do a decent job at that level.

It's a shame about Kebano. I personally think he's a decent player that was never really given a fair chance at Fulham.

Btw, I believe Ream's contract is out this summer so he will probably be the first one out the door.

Bill2

Quote from: Rodshig on April 10, 2021, 07:02:49 AM
Squad rebuild start all over again.  All the loan players will be gone.

Expect anguissa and mitro to leave as well.

We will only be left with Reed, Tete, bobby reid, tosin and cav

Never liked the extensive loan policy in place. Zero continuity.

Got to rely on the likes of knockert, ak47 and johansen in the championship again
I would expect the new permanent players all to be on long(ish) contracts so we will not be under pressure to let them go cheaply. With Mitro and Frank and their performances this year I do not believe there will be a queue of suitors for them. As for Knockert and AK I am not sure we will see them back and if they are it will a bench position. In fact the only players I would want to see back are Neeskens and Marcus with probably Johansen.