watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro's Movement

Started by colham, April 10, 2021, 08:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colham

Aside from the rest of what went wrong last night, was anyone else concerned by how little time Mitro seemed to spend working in the box?

He seemed to be dropping very deep or wide when he was the one who needed to be within the width of the 6yd box and ready for crosses (if they ever came)?

Late in the game, he's out left getting involved with Robinson and BDR when he's the one they're trying to make space to cross for.  Bloody infuriating.

Dunstable Fulham

Agree with the above. I think we need to go back to the system we played when we were difficult to beat and hope we can scrape 4 1-0 wins playing fast counter attacking football. I thought he was poor last night.

Karlos

Looked to me like we were a bit different defensively last night with us dropping off into our own half to get men behind the ball rather than try and close the opposition down higher up the pitch

colinwhite

We missed lookmans pace yesterday and mitro doesnt work with 5 at the back .

Andy S

This isn't the time for blame and scape goats. However bad it feels for the fans today it feels much worse for the players

Milo

Consequence of Parker not having integrated Mitrovic in to our system I think.

grandad

I feel very sorry for Mitro. He had virtually no service. Hardly a ball played to his feet. Crosses sailed far over his head. Of course he dropped deeper & wider. He wanted the ball. I would have played Bryan in place of Robinson. He is our best crosser.
Where there's a will there's a wife

colham

Quote from: grandad on April 10, 2021, 09:21:42 AM
I feel very sorry for Mitro. He had virtually no service. Hardly a ball played to his feet. Crosses sailed far over his head. Of course he dropped deeper & wider. He wanted the ball. I would have played Bryan in place of Robinson. He is our best crosser.

He started off central but you're right, he seemed to be searching for the ball.  Downside is that when a rare cross did come in it was Kenny Tete attacking it!  Robinson at least managed a couple of crosses last night, but for all his athleticism he rarely whips in a good cross, and often checks back to try and beat the defender twice.

SuffolkWhite

I think another Striker alongside Mitro would have helped as their defence would have to mark both, thus creating a bit more space, but that's a tactical thing. Agree that Bryan should have played for crossing.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

sarnian

Maja is far more mobile than Mitro and seems to find space in the box more than Mitro although he miskicked a chance right at the end.

bill taylors apprentice

Mitro performances are a direct connection to how the team play.
Little or no decent service equals no goals, its really not rocket science.

filham

Quote from: grandad on April 10, 2021, 09:21:42 AM
That is right, little point in Mitro wasting effort when the team is intent on playing short passing in our own half.

ron

Better call him "Muttro". Spending time shaking his head and muttering to himself instead of trying to get that extra half yard of pace makes him totally ineffective.

"He doesn't get the service" is wearing thin. He needs to go find the space.

rebel

Quote from: colham on April 10, 2021, 08:09:28 AM
Aside from the rest of what went wrong last night, was anyone else concerned by how little time Mitro seemed to spend working in the box?

He seemed to be dropping very deep or wide when he was the one who needed to be within the width of the 6yd box and ready for crosses (if they ever came)?

Late in the game, he's out left getting involved with Robinson and BDR when he's the one they're trying to make space to cross for.  Bloody infuriating.

Agree, didn't seem alert to the possibilities, was static in the box. A beast for country, poor for club this season. His body language tells it's own story.   

milis

And again we start... You can put Maja instead of Mitro or you can put them both and the same will happen - nothing. Problem is not in strikers, but in tactics and also in lack of skill of our wingers, midfield and defense players in the attacking phase. Those who do not understand this have no clue about the basics of football. I am also sure that Maja was far more lethal when he just arrived to the club, before SP brainwashed him with his "sophisticated" tactical variants and overburdened him with various constraints.

langers

Fed up with so many saying no service. Very little movement to try and lose marker and make himself available. Do feel have to pick him in case he has a good game like Villa. But these are few and far between, Nobody will pay big money for him.

Skatzoffc

I can understand playing Reed AND Lemina to strengthen the midfield against big opposition, (Citeh et al), but cannot get this choice against mid-table teams, who we have to beat to have a
chance of survival.

We should have played the forward driving force of Anguissa (in place of Lemina), from the start imo.
Put Wolves on the back foot, score the all important 1st goal to then control the game, as they have to come forward and leave gaps behind.

Shockingly negative/defensive set up by Parker in a must win game. The whole setup is wrong with a player like Mitro up top.

Incomprehensible.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

rebel

Quote from: milis on April 10, 2021, 11:43:01 AM
And again we start... You can put Maja instead of Mitro or you can put them both and the same will happen - nothing. Problem is not in strikers, but in tactics and also in lack of skill of our wingers, midfield and defense players in the attacking phase. Those who do not understand this have no clue about the basics of football. I am also sure that Maja was far more lethal when he just arrived to the club, before SP brainwashed him with his "sophisticated" tactical variants and overburdened him with various constraints.

Maja is far more mobile in the box, Maja has only had a handful of matches to settle down, his best performance was against Everton, but since then, Parker has rotated some positions. I'd like to see him select the team that played against Everton and see where we are. Everton was our best performance of the season. 

sarnian

Mitro's miskicked centre summed up his performance unfortunately.