more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley v Newcastle - we clearly need Burnley to win

Started by rebel, April 11, 2021, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Quote from: Caedal on April 11, 2021, 01:08:44 PM
I've been really impressed with Burnley's corners. Every single one is threatening
Yes, their delivery is good and their players attack the ball. I wish we had similar threat but we usually fail to beat the near post defender who heads it away...

Baszab

The speed of these two teams' play make FFC offensive tactics look like walking football

Jules

2-1 to Newcastle. Great goal by st maximin to be fair

Blawarmy

valdeingruo

no doubt were down if we cant even put ourselves in a position to make the final match mater.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Caedal

That's us down. Newcastle miles better than us going forward. Getting Wilson and Saint-Maxim back gives them so much more up front

rebel

filham

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 11, 2021, 09:59:26 AM
Absolutely no pressure on Newcastle:

2 games in hand

3 points ahead

Playing much better than Fulham

And lets finally admit it - we are crap and deserve to be relegated 
Not arithmetically I know but to all intense and purposes we are relegated and thoroughly deserve to be.

cookieg

We had 4 opportunities to get ourselves above Newcastle and didn't take any of them. Sadly Newcastle hung on and now will pull clear of us. Barring an absolute miracle that's our season finished.

PaulJ123

Nice in a way for them to take any hope away, lessens the frustration when we lose the last 6.

#HoweIn

The Cravenette

Quote from: Caedal on April 11, 2021, 01:26:35 PM
That's us down. Newcastle miles better than us going forward. Getting Wilson and Saint-Maxim back gives them so much more up front

The through ball from Shelvey to Saint-Maxim was what we are lacking. Our midfielders would have been looking to pass that back or sideways

Sgt Fulham

This is truly game over for us. Prepare for the Championship.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 11, 2021, 01:44:13 PM
This is truly game over for us. Prepare for the Championship.
Tony will be rubbing his hands and getting his stat machine fired up [emoji49]

Slaphead in Qatar

Not sure what happened to us in the last 3 games - our performance level went right down. Zero points from 3 mid table teams - it's cost us.......

Lordedmundo

Aside from the higher tempo, one key thing both these below average Premier League teams do is play the the ball forward far more than we do. We are are too often playing on the back foot and the allowing the opposition to get back into position by playing so many backward passes.

I think even if we miraculously stay up - my call would be to get rid of Parker.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 11, 2021, 01:46:28 PM
Not sure what happened to us in the last 3 games - our performance level went right down. Zero points from 3 mid table teams - it's cost us.......
I've given up on blaming individuals.  Just blame Tony, Scott and the players. 

The Old Count

Even if we got to the last game needing to beat Newcastle to stay up, does anyone seriously think we could. I doubt we'll even beat Burnley.

ron

It's the hope that kills....better this way so we know what we are doing. After all, as has been said, we had our chance for several games and did nothing to help ourselves.

Let's hope the optimists on this board are right, and we are a yo-yo club. I remember '69 when the riverside terrace had the flags of the first division clubs flown in order of position. "We'll keep the flags",  said the management when were relegated to the then second division "we won't be in the second division long....".

The history books tell the remainder of the story...