more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley v Newcastle - we clearly need Burnley to win

Started by rebel, April 11, 2021, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Burnley has drawn the last 5 at home,
Newcastle has won 1, drawn 1 and lost 3 away from home.

We Are Premier League

Feels like a draw is on the cards, good result for both of them...

rebel

Quote from: We Are Premier League on April 11, 2021, 09:48:38 AM
Feels like a draw is on the cards, good result for both of them...

Yep, we will find out if Newcastle are feeling the pressure, a 'must win game for them'. Burnely aren't 'out of the woods just yet'.

3 Cherries

Absolutely no pressure on Newcastle:

2 games in hand

3 points ahead

Playing much better than Fulham

And lets finally admit it - we are crap and deserve to be relegated 

rebel

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 11, 2021, 09:59:26 AM
Absolutely no pressure on Newcastle:

2 games in hand

3 points ahead

Playing much better than Fulham

And lets finally admit it - we are crap and deserve to be relegated 

That's your opinion, which is fine. Lucky Roy Hodgson didn't think like that, I don't think Parker or the players are thinking like that. We had games in hand, we know what happened with the games in hand. 

SP

Like Bamford, I never thought Vydra would play in the top flight.

rebel

Quote from: SP on April 11, 2021, 12:11:28 PM
Like Bamford, I never thought Vydra would play in the top flight.

He's just scored.

FFC1987

I think Burnley kind of highlight where we went wrong squad depth wise. Look at the array of average strikers they have. That's not a disrespect to them. They know they probably aren't going to get the best in the business but know they need hard working, strong, athletic front men who don't necessarily have the best goals ratio but know if even one of them hits a stride, they'll score a few goals. Spread that out to Wood, Rodriguez, Barnes and Vydra, you have a lineup that will likely just about score enough to keep you in the league. Just highlights, and this is a positive comment on Parker, that clearly, the squad he received at start of season to now, was very imbalanced.

St Eve

The Cravenette

Burnley 1 up. I know it's desperate but come on Burnley!

Baszab

If Newcastle lose all their remaining games we stay up

The Cravenette

I mean if neither us or Newcastle pick up any more points between now and the our last match, we probably both deserve to go down!

itombomb

Both teams actually trying to get players in the box, and getting to the byline as well. Who would have thought that could be successful tactically?

bobbo

Appalling refereeing , player kicked on the back of the leg in pen area —- no free kick or pen
Player just a touch 2 mins later , near touch line                                 —- couldn't wait to give free kick
Just outside Newcastle pent area player a ncl player stands still Burnley player turns and touches the standing leg — free kick
( what's the defender supposed to do get out of his way to let him score)
The high kick clearance in Burnley pen area   When I was refereeing it was classes as dangerous play should be indirect free kick. ——- var involved and ref nothing at all given. Absolutely diabolical . Far too old now but makes me wish I never gave it up —— in 1974.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

gang

Baszab

Baszab

Quote from: bobbo on April 11, 2021, 12:52:14 PM
Appalling refereeing , player kicked on the back of the leg in pen area —- no free kick or pen
Player just a touch 2 mins later , near touch line                                 —- couldn't wait to give free kick
Just outside Newcastle pent area player a ncl player stands still Burnley player turns and touches the standing leg — free kick
( what's the defender supposed to do get out of his way to let him score)
The high kick clearance in Burnley pen area   When I was refereeing it was classes as dangerous play should be indirect free kick. ——- var involved and ref nothing at all given. Absolutely diabolical . Far too old now but makes me wish I never gave it up —— in 1974.

VAR can't check high kicks because result would have been an indirect free kick - not within VAR remit

Caedal

I've been really impressed with Burnley's corners. Every single one is threatening

Dodgin