watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two players we should consider for next season

Started by Only Me, April 11, 2021, 05:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Only Me

If we go down. Jonson Clarke-Harris 27 goals so far this season, and Siriki Dembele who scored 2 yesterday and has 10 assists so far.
Both play for Peterborough in League one. At the moment they are second and look like getting promoted.
They will not cost a fortune and would be good additions to our squad.
Other players who came from the lower divisions are doing very well. Toney at Brentford and watkins  now at Villa

filham

Hard to see why any of those players would want to come and play Parker Ball at Fulham.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: filham on April 11, 2021, 07:26:24 PM
Hard to see why any of those players would want to come and play Parker Ball at Fulham.

Try living in Peterborough and you'll have enough.

Southcoastffc

Let Mitro go, keep Maja and try to bring in Reading's Lucas João = quick, fluid front 2
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Only Me

Rangers are thinking about signing Jonson Clarke-Harris. As it looks like we are going down we should try and get him for a few million, we need a proven Goalscorer.

Only Me

Clarke Harris scored 2 more yesterday. 31 for the season and Peterborough are now promoted. Takes a good Pen as well.
He must be worth a chance, 3 million should do it. like i said before look how Watkins   and Toney are doing, both bargain buys from lower divisions. and lets not forget where Vardy came from.

Bill2

Quote from: Only Me on April 28, 2021, 06:25:54 PM
Rangers are thinking about signing Jonson Clarke-Harris. As it looks like we are going down we should try and get him for a few million, we need a proven Goalscorer.
If we cant outbid Rangers we really are in a bad way.

Phil Stant

Off the cuff some that we could Realistically get:
Nick Powell, Alexander Mighten, Adam Reach, Josh Windass.

And a few wildcards,  Jordan Rhodes,  Yakou Meite,  Sammi Abeobe (swap for knocky).

H4usuallysitting

Erling Haaland.....but, is he overated..... definitely overpaid

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Phil Stant on May 05, 2021, 11:02:31 PM
Off the cuff some that we could Realistically get:
Nick Powell, Alexander Mighten, Adam Reach, Josh Windass.

And a few wildcards,  Jordan Rhodes,  Yakou Meite,  Sammi Abeobe (swap for knocky).

agree, think our best bet is to try to get promoted with as little changes/spending as possible (but we do need a couple of attacking players and CM's) and then go all in with another 100m spend in the PL next year.

We Are Premier League

Only 3 of the teams that have been promoted in the last 3 years are still in the PL...Villa, Wolves and Leeds. Looking back at the players that got the clubs promoted you will see that very few of them still have a sizeable role in the clubs. 3 for villa and 4 for Wolves, Leeds is the exception here as they have keep a lot of the players that got hem promoted last year. If you go back another year you will see the same thing, only Dunk remain from the Brighton promotion team.

The point is, it is almost impossible to build a team in the Championship that will make it in the PL. We need to get out of the Cship with as little baggage as possible and rebuild quickly in the PL. The problem this time was that we had WAY to much baggage and rebuilding quickly has already been discussed to death in this forum...

Getting promoted with a few PL starters and an additional 10 PL squad players is the best one can hope for.