watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

tooth extraction

Started by ALG01, April 09, 2021, 05:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I know we have a tendancy to pass on details of our current ailments on here so...
this morning I had a tooth extraction that I was really not happy about the prospect.

The dentist and his team were more than brilliant and other than a very saw upper jaw at the moment it went very well.

However it is uncomfortable now so if the lads could just manage a 3 0 win (or any win) I think that may help ease the discomfort. Preferably score the goals early! I don't care how they go in as long as they count.

WindyCity

Methinks you'll need a full supply of high strength aspirin to get yourself through the night.........

ALG01

Quote from: WindyCity on April 09, 2021, 05:54:41 PM
Methinks you'll need a full supply of high strength aspirin to get yourself through the night.........

could be the game hurts more, I certainly hope not.

WhiteJC

you're lucky its only one, my dentist has told me that I need 3 teeth pulling, oh and I've got to wait until the middle of next month, he didn't have enough time allocated as I was only having a check up!

I've now got a month to think/worry about it! so 3 points this evening would help make me feel better  :dft011:

ALG01

Quote from: whitejc on April 09, 2021, 06:00:33 PM
you're lucky its only one, my dentist has told me that I need 3 teeth pulling, oh and I've got to wait until the middle of next month, he didn't have enough time allocated as I was only having a check up!

I've now got a month to think/worry about it! so 3 points this evening would help make me feel better  :dft011:

three? all in one go? Hope it goes well.

abfg

Maybe it's like that joke.....If your tooth hurts hit yourself on the knee with a sledgehammer. You soon won't be worried about the tooth pain!! I'm not sure if Fulham are the tooth or the sledgehammer in this scenario.....

WindyCity

Quote from: ALG01 on April 09, 2021, 05:59:55 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 09, 2021, 05:54:41 PM
could be the game hurts more, I certainly hope not.

Hahaha.....that was my point.  I don't think the game is gonna give you any relief or comfort whatsoever!

(Of course, I hope I'm wrong!)

Steeeeeeeeeed

Clearly this means Fulham will have a win tonight, caNINE nil

😎✌️

filham

I am reading a book called Silvertown about an East End family that includes an account of a girl on her 17th birthday having all of her teeth extracted without any drugs or gas.
It seems that in the early 1930's this was not unusual as it avoided her future husband  incurring dentist bills.

Nero

thought this was a choice between watching Fulham tonight or having it done, it would have been a close call i mean that numbness you feel that helps with the pain and then it hit you later once it has worn off the other having a tooth pulled

gang

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 09, 2021, 06:48:04 PM
Clearly this means Fulham will have a win tonight, caNINE nil

😎✌️
Wish you hadn't mentioned 9-0, I can remember losing to Wolves by that score.

Jim©

I had a wisdom tooth out at my dentist in North end road when I was about 18.walked to ground to watch Fulham v Bury, and passed out in enclosure just before half time, woke up with mouth full of blood. I'm sure the medic said I had internal bleeding!

kiwian

Quote from: Jim© on April 09, 2021, 08:55:02 PM
I had a wisdom tooth out at my dentist in North end road when I was about 18.walked to ground to watch Fulham v Bury, and passed out in enclosure just before half time, woke up with mouth full of blood. I'm sure the medic said I had internal bleeding!

I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed many years ago, the side of my face swelled (as expected), then about 2 months later it swelled again. Dentist xrayed the area  and found a piece of drill embedded in my gum, it had snapped off while he was breaking up the original tooth, so he had to cut open my gum again to remove it. Fun times
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I was so petrified of dentists that
a/ If I had a wobbly or painful tooth I would break out into a cold sweat.
b/. If I had to go into a dentists I would throw up before being persuaded to go in

8 years ago I decided to have the remaining teeth pulled out.
$1600 job done.

I tried dentures but couldn't get on with them.
So, being toothless and gummy was like being bald, no one really notices.
For a while I struggled with some foods but found ways to overcome them.
I have learned how to suck the corn off corn-on-the-cob, demolish spar ribs
and eat thinly sliced soft apples.
My final hurdle was nuts, particularly chestnuts and walnuts, so I soaked them in
water over night, boiled them a bit and then baked them.......bingo
Now there is nothing I can't eat.
I still brush my mouth every morning and nobody comments and are amazed when
I reveal my toothless mouth (or so they say)
Either way I really don't worry about other peoples opinions, it is a lot better than having
the remnants of Confederate/Union graveyard or a huge gappy mouth and a lifetime of being
petrified of any dental problems.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES