News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last season when we got relegated before the season had finished.

Started by The Swan, April 12, 2021, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Did we win three games in a row. It didn't do us any good as we were already relegated but what if Parker can repeat the same form this season.
Would three wins  keep us up.
Here's hoping.
The Swan

ALG01

Quote from: The Swan on April 12, 2021, 09:18:52 PM
Did we win three games in a row. It didn't do us any good as we were already relegated but what if Parker can repeat the same form this season.
Here's hoping.

i think we now need four wins to stay up. mind you I thought that from a few games ago but we lost some of the  ones I thought we might win.

rebel

Here's hoping.

You mean not last season, but the season before. It rely's on others to 'faultier' as much as what we do, because of the maths is against us.               

RaySmith

I think the OP makes a good point - once the pressure was off, we played much better, and I think  this has a lot to do with our demise after the City game, when we'd been looking so good, defending well,  and creating many chances, even if we weren't putting them away.

Confidence, and  the effects of nerves, anxiety, expectation, can have such an effect on players and teams.

I do think the team has it in them to stay up, if we can play as we did during that  period when we did beat top teams away - it's all in the mind, one victory, or even point, at the likes of Arsenal, could work wonders.

JoelH5

Quote from: ALG01 on April 12, 2021, 09:52:44 PM
Here's hoping.

i think we now need four wins to stay up. mind you I thought that from a few games ago but we lost some of the  ones I thought we might win.

We currently need two wins to stay up
I was there, standing in the Putney end

PaulJ123

Quote from: RaySmith on April 15, 2021, 12:13:07 PM
I think the OP makes a good point - once the pressure was off, we played much better, and I think  this has a lot to do with our demise after the City game, when we'd been looking so good, defending well,  and creating many chances, even if we weren't putting them away.

Confidence, and  the effects of nerves, anxiety, expectation, can have such an effect on players and teams.

I do think the team has it in them to stay up, if we can play as we did during that  period when we did beat top teams away - it's all in the mind, one victory, or even point, at the likes of Arsenal, could work wonders.

The city game was always going to be a tough one but I agree, after we played quite well in that first half but fell apart in the space of about 15 minutes has really got to the team it appears. We haven't been the same since and with the same then happening against Villa after they gift us a goal, feels like that was the nail in the coffin because we just can't score a goal with Parker in charge.

Like you say, IF somehow we can beat arsenal that confidence might come back but I fear Parker's tactics aren't enough to get us a win at this stage. We need to be brave and really go for the 3 points but it'll be another sit back and try and nick a goal.

#HoweIn

Lordedmundo

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 15, 2021, 01:53:15 PM

The city game was always going to be a tough one but I agree, after we played quite well in that first half but fell apart in the space of about 15 minutes has really got to the team it appears. We haven't been the same since and with the same then happening against Villa after they gift us a goal, feels like that was the nail in the coffin because we just can't score a goal with Parker in charge.

Like you say, IF somehow we can beat arsenal that confidence might come back but I fear Parker's tactics aren't enough to get us a win at this stage. We need to be brave and really go for the 3 points but it'll be another sit back and try and nick a goal.

#HoweIn

I think the negative tactics are as much too blame as anything else.  That in itself is at least partly borne out of the lack of confidence that we can score goals. 

It all looked a bit sad and desperate against Wolves - where our main tactic seemed to be to pass the ball backwards to Andersen in the hope that he could then hit a long range crossfield pass to land on the toe of our one of our wide players.  Became predictable very quickly!

PaulJ123

Quote from: Lordedmundo on April 15, 2021, 02:05:35 PM

#HoweIn

I think the negative tactics are as much too blame as anything else.  That in itself is at least partly borne out of the lack of confidence that we can score goals. 

It all looked a bit sad and desperate against Wolves - where our main tactic seemed to be to pass the ball backwards to Andersen in the hope that he could then hit a long range crossfield pass to land on the toe of our one of our wide players.  Became predictable very quickly!

Totally agree, it's worrying when our best attacking play is our CB pinging one 50 yards to our LB.

#HoweIn

perry geyton

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 15, 2021, 02:16:30 PM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on April 15, 2021, 02:05:35 PM

#HoweIn

Totally agree, it's worrying when our best attacking play is our CB pinging one 50 yards to our LB.

#HoweIn
Wouldn't be so bad if our left back knew what to do with the ball once he receives it

ALG01

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 15, 2021, 01:48:41 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on April 12, 2021, 09:52:44 PM
Here's hoping.

We currently need two wins to stay up

You know I cannot resist.... I will re phrase for you.

I do not think that 32 points will be sufficient for survival and think we will need at least 38 points. It is possible 35 or 36 may be enough but 38 is what at this very moment I think we need. It is what I like to call a prediction not a fact.