watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Many

Started by Peabody, April 19, 2021, 09:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

With this proposed new so called Super League, it will rely heavily on TV. So far, I have found only one of our contributors who has offered any semblance of support. So, how many of you will subscribe to watch these so called competitive matches?

Fernhurst

Not me Mr. P......... Fulham first and foremost ...... and for ever.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SuffolkWhite

I don't watch the Champ league anyway so no chance for this other thing, in fact I think I am watching football less and less.

My mates I play 5 a side with who support the big 6 club's all hate the idea!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fulhamfan666

Not sure if I'll watch it.

Lambo

Not me. Have to say these teams are a turn off now. I forget the last time I watched a game between any of those six in premier league let alone a non-sensical no promotion false league. Maybe I alone here but I don't 'support' these teams when they are playing in European comps.

As I said in earlier post good riddance to them. Football in this country will survive. Indeed I think it will get better as a consequence because we will not have the same old same old sides winning everything.

filham

I will go out of my way to avoid it and anything to do with it.

FFC In Oz

It's crazy literally wherever I look fans of the 6 clubs in England are all voicing their disapproval and saying they're taking their allegiances elsewhere.

Absolute scenes.

Look at Gary Neville - United through and through - sinking the boots in and saying his side should cop a points deduction.

Bill2

Southdowns White

The only other football I watch apart from Fulham is If England or one of the other home international teams are in the European or World cup finals and even then I am not overly bothered or if a lower league team is playing a beatable premier league team on a dark winters evening. I do not watch any European football or even match of the day.  I welcome any season without playing these six clubs and their self entitled supporters coming to Craven Cottage.

Whitestone

It's not for me. I'd rather watch non-league football than a super league.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Lambo on April 19, 2021, 10:00:21 AM
Not me. Have to say these teams are a turn off now. I forget the last time I watched a game between any of those six in premier league let alone a non-sensical no promotion false league. Maybe I alone here but I don't 'support' these teams when they are playing in European comps.

As I said in earlier post good riddance to them. Football in this country will survive. Indeed I think it will get better as a consequence because we will not have the same old same old sides winning everything.
:plus one:  Except, I'm not convinced all this noise is any more than posturing to achieve more money from UEFA.  German, Dutch, Belgian, Spanish teams are all unlikelyto participate, legal structures in those countries inhibit or prevent joining. (Despite what Barca or Real Madrid may say)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

Not for me in any capacity. When we were in Europe I loved travelling to all the different countries. It was exciting playing club we new little about. There is nothing exciting about travelling to Europe every other week to watch a meaningless football match

Cambridge Pete

Not interested. I only have Sky this season because of Fulham. I don't think it will happen, new Chumps League rules announced next week. Timing of the Super League announcement leads me to think all a ploy by the so called big clubs to ensure they get a bigger slice of the pie and guarantees that they are safely into the Chumps League every season. Reading various comments their own fans are appalled. Kick them out of the leagues they are currently in. They want to start the super league in 2024. Question is that when the current TV deals expire? Send them packing with the proviso that if they want to return they have to do a Rangers and start again in NonLeague and work their way up.

Woolly Mammoth

Not interested in any shape or form, I hardly watch the Champions League anyway.
Only interested in Fulham, England and generally clubs down the English football pyramid from championship down to non league.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Pluto

Not a real league so won't be bothering with it. Barely watch the Champions League as it is (FFP already effectively made that a closed shop)

Frackleheath

No chance Mr P. I rarely watch any of the Champs League or other Premier games any way. I've drastically reduced the amount of football that I am watching and yesterday's game won't help in that respect either.
Hope you're keeping well, I had my second jab on Friday - been feeling rough since then, just as I did with the first one.
Keep safe!!

Twig

I have limited interest in the Champions League and this Super League would be of zero interest.

Nero

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 19, 2021, 09:58:47 AM
I don't watch the Champ league anyway so no chance for this other thing, in fact I think I am watching football less and less.

My mates I play 5 a side with who support the big 6 club's all hate the idea!

But do they hate it because of what it is or they may no longer be seen as a big club and could be am also run in this league?

Twig

I could actually get quite excited about a top division without the arrogant "big six". Led by the likes of Everton, Leicester, Wet Spam etc., it would be competitive and exciting.

_Putney_

I wouldn't but  I don't speak for the whole of Asia, the middle east, the US