watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Parker insane

Started by Keefy, April 19, 2021, 10:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keefy

Famous quote " Insanity is defined as doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting the result to be different". I don't think that he's insane just none too bright and self delusional

Andy S

Yes I agree it is a human trait that we expect to do the same things yet get a different outcome for some reason. I cannot see why it was so important to replace Maja with a defender as it just put us under more pressure.

H4usuallysitting

Psychology cobbler's....sell me this pen

Woolly Mammoth

I felt also that it was an error of judgement to take off Maja, it gave Arsenal an extra man plus the goalkeeper to storm Fulhams barricade, as they had nobody to Mark any more, and low and behold the final seconds and heartbreak.
Why change the winning formula, I thought RLC let us down yesterday and we literally played with ten men.
You cannot defend the 6 yard box for ever, as the ball just keeps coming back every time it is cleared and eventually the attacking team will get a break which Arsenal did and Villa before them. 
Also we have no playmaker in midfield and that has also contributed to our demise through most of the season.
We have to win 4 out of the next 5.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dunstable Fulham

I don't think 4 wins out of the next 5 will be enough. I think we need to win all five to have a chance. Burnley and Brighton are only 6 points away from what 4 wins would give us and they have played less games. Newcastle are only 4 points away. The reality is that we are down. Let's just accept it and start thinking about how we get back into the Premier League for the 22-23 season.

alfie

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on April 19, 2021, 01:24:53 PM
I don't think 4 wins out of the next 5 will be enough. I think we need to win all five to have a chance. Burnley and Brighton are only 6 points away from what 4 wins would give us and they have played less games. Newcastle are only 4 points away. The reality is that we are down. Let's just accept it and start thinking about how we get back into the Premier League for the 22-23 season.
Until the maths tell us we are down I cannot and won't accept it, you would be creating hell if the players had that attitude.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on April 19, 2021, 01:27:25 PM
Until the maths tell us we are down I cannot and won't accept it, you would be creating hell if the players had that attitude.

0001.jpeg

FFC In Oz

But we're not players so there's no use talking hypotheticals.

ScalleysDad

Nothing to do with the midfield being overrun and the back four creaking then?  All the substitutions were made to hang onto a win very, very few predicted or expected and it very nearly worked. RLC continues to baffle all of us but he and Anguissa shoring up the midfield looked a better plan at the time than hoofing it up to an isolated Maja or Mitrovic had he come on. Let's face it the only way we were ever going to get a second goal would have been on a break as everybody was needed in our third. I read last night that the Gooners had 70% possession and chances up in the high teens so I doubt 4.4.2, 4.1.4.1 or similar was ever going to be considered with a quarter of an hour to go.

Bill2

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 19, 2021, 03:37:49 PM
Nothing to do with the midfield being overrun and the back four creaking then?  All the substitutions were made to hang onto a win very, very few predicted or expected and it very nearly worked. RLC continues to baffle all of us but he and Anguissa shoring up the midfield looked a better plan at the time than hoofing it up to an isolated Maja or Mitrovic had he come on. Let's face it the only way we were ever going to get a second goal would have been on a break as everybody was needed in our third. I read last night that the Gooners had 70% possession and chances up in the high teens so I doubt 4.4.2, 4.1.4.1 or similar was ever going to be considered with a quarter of an hour to go.
While Mitro is not the player for a quick break he would have been perfect for defending all the corners we gave away. Also he would have been perfect for holding the ball if we did get out of our own half.

blingo

Parker dismissed what Mitro said completely. The result? more points dropped in the last minute of the game. The quicker parker leaves FFC the better in my eyes.

alfie

Quote from: blingo on April 19, 2021, 03:56:19 PM
Parker dismissed what Mitro said completely. The result? more points dropped in the last minute of the game. The quicker parker leaves FFC the better in my eyes.
Do you actually know what Mitro said, and that Parker dismissed it?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: RaySmith on April 19, 2021, 01:32:05 PM

I fully understand where you are coming from but I didn't mention the players. I fully expect them to give 100% for the shirt in every game irrespective of the situation. Our performances over the last five weeks tell you everything you need to know about our fate. Nobody will be happier than me if we somehow survived but in my view there is no chance. I still expect the players to give their all and give us a couple of wins before the season is out. It won't be nearly enough though.
0001.jpeg

alfie

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on April 19, 2021, 06:58:52 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on April 19, 2021, 01:32:05 PM

I fully understand where you are coming from but I didn't mention the players. I fully expect them to give 100% for the shirt in every game irrespective of the situation. Our performances over the last five weeks tell you everything you need to know about our fate. Nobody will be happier than me if we somehow survived but in my view there is no chance. I still expect the players to give their all and give us a couple of wins before the season is out. It won't be nearly enough though.
0001.jpeg

Very true you didn't mention the players I did, we all have opinions, you gave yours I gave mine, don't really need to say anything else.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Bill2 on April 19, 2021, 03:41:27 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 19, 2021, 03:37:49 PM
While Mitro is not the player for a quick break he would have been perfect for defending all the corners we gave away. Also he would have been perfect for holding the ball if we did get out of our own half.

Okay with the key caveat that Mitro would not be a starter in my team selection these days I do not think he would have had any impact in the last 15 minutes on Sunday and until somebody can accurately second guess what Parker was trying to do, other than batten down the hatches, I'll go along with his substitutions. I must have been watching a different Mitrovic lately as he is doing very little of what he is being hailed and praised for at the moment, for us that is. I doubt he would have got a sniff of the ball competing with the Arsenal back four and it really was the midfield, at that moment in the game, that needed shoring up. Ultimately the equaliser was down to about eight white shirts facing the wrong way, would he, wouldn't he.... well we will never know.

filham

In my opinion Parker needs to employ a change of tactics, results show that he is getting something wrong.
If however things had gone just a little differently , particularly in the last three matches and we had avoided relegation he would now be looked upon as a manager who had stuck to his principles and the media would be tipping him for a great future.

blingo

Quote from: alfie on April 19, 2021, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 19, 2021, 03:56:19 PM
Do you actually know what Mitro said, and that Parker dismissed it?

Scott Parker has said he welcomes leadership in the changing room after witnessing a rousing speech by Aleksandar Mitrovic following Fulham's defeat to Wolves last week.

Mario Lemina, who was in tears after Adama Traore's last-gasp winner sealed victory for Wolves at Craven Cottage last Friday, spoke earlier in the week about a passionate address delivered by the Serbian.

"Yes it's definitely something I welcome. It's something I want more of, it's something that in this day and age we're probably losing a little bit of," Parker said when asked about Mitrovic's display of leadership.

BIG WEEKEND: Leicester v Southampton, Man City, Moyes

"I think in teams – and in very good teams – you have big characters and personalities, people that speak, people that lead by example and that's what you want. I think that's the key thing, your words and your actions, it's easy to talk, but we need action from every one of these players.

"We are a very young squad and a very young team in this division... I don't know but we're probably one of the youngest to be honest.

"Certainly leadership and a real personality at times (is important) and even more so in the situation that we've been in for large parts... it's very easy to shy away from things, but you need to stand up and you need to be counted and we need a lot more of that as well."