Main Menu

Kongolo injured for rest of season

Started by The Cravenette, April 11, 2021, 09:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fawazco

We wish him to recover and be ready for the next season

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2021, 06:54:30 PM
It's a pantomime and I can guess who the villain is.

He would have been better off being the back end of the horse Mr Woolly. lol

ALG01

we all feel for terrence. he had a brilliant game v wolves, probably our best player.

very unlucky to have broken his foot the first game he played for us and not managed to get two more games together on the spin.

when we got him last summer, i did say i thought it a terrible error of judgment. the lesson is, nver buy a player that is injured. and by that i mean properly injured like him or mawson. you have to see how they recover or if they recover before getting them. as it is he has occuppied a place in the squad and cost us a fee plus wages that would have been better spent on another decent forward, an idiot would have known that and when some of us said as much last window we were shouted down by the usual suspects, as usual.

i suspect we need to review our entire approach to signing crocks because mawson and now this one seems to be a worrying trend.

i wuish terrennce a speedy recovery and hope recovery is what he has and then continues his career because he does clearly have talent. but what a waste of money this time.

rebel

Quote from: ALG01 on April 18, 2021, 11:33:16 AM
we all feel for terrence. he had a brilliant game v wolves, probably our best player.

very unlucky to have broken his foot the first game he played for us and not managed to get two more games together on the spin.

when we got him last summer, i did say i thought it a terrible error of judgment. the lesson is, nver buy a player that is injured. and by that i mean properly injured like him or mawson. you have to see how they recover or if they recover before getting them. as it is he has occuppied a place in the squad and cost us a fee plus wages that would have been better spent on another decent forward, an idiot would have known that and when some of us said as much last window we were shouted down by the usual suspects, as usual.

i suspect we need to review our entire approach to signing crocks because mawson and now this one seems to be a worrying trend.

i wuish terrennce a speedy recovery and hope recovery is what he has and then continues his career because he does clearly have talent. but what a waste of money this time.

We've made that a trade mark of doing that. Mitroglou, Mawson etc. We get a discount when we buy an injured player. It's a 'huge risk', I think we bought Andy Johnson when he was injured.

Pluto

Feel really sorry for the lad. Hopefully he can come back strong next season and out his injury troubles behind him. Clearly he's got the quality, just not the fitness right now.

H4usuallysitting

Twig

Quote from: blingo on April 16, 2021, 05:45:19 PM
Quote from: Nero on April 15, 2021, 04:45:35 PM
Quote from: JimOG on April 15, 2021, 09:37:05 AM
Quote from: MJG on April 13, 2021, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on April 13, 2021, 12:08:14 PM
Hector looked great in the Championship last time, hard to fathom what happened to him, shows how tough the Prem is.
Convinced something off field has caused this. you just dont go from being the best at the back to what we have seen. I do wonder if those 4 games at the start where the pressure was really on him (knowing that Ream etc were not up to him) to perform and he could not do it. Never recovered and then even dropped out of the matchday squad until every man and the bus driver was allowed on it.

That's my guess too. He was brilliant before Lockdown 1 and then was atrocious before there was any sign of the Prem looming. It has to be off field. There was a mention on here that he'd just become a father...but I don't see how that reduces you to a nervous wreck

he just had a baby. hopefully he learning a lot from Andersen

If HE just had a baby, I'm putting in a claim to be the father.......instant millions. We knew he was crocked when we bought him. WHY did we?????

Twig Bryan's problem is speed, he's good but can't get back quickly enough. Other than that, I have to agree, he is a much better crosser of the ball.

That's true Blingo but we have a much better central defence now so I'd be prepared to accept Bryan's defensive weakness for his better contribution to our woeful attack.

blingo

Twig

Quote from: blingo on April 18, 2021, 04:34:43 PM
What attack Mr Twig???

Well with Bryan's quality of delivery we just might see Mitro spark into life. That would at least be something at the end of this dismal season.

Phil Stant

Quote from: Penfold on April 16, 2021, 05:03:07 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on April 16, 2021, 03:30:38 PM
Quote from: Penfold on April 16, 2021, 03:24:16 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on April 16, 2021, 03:19:43 PM
Quote from: Penfold on April 16, 2021, 02:50:44 PM
Signed when injured. More incompetence.

Except that was a completely unrelated and different injury? He broke his foot in a freak circumstance and now he's injured his knee as part of an impact with Traore, so two completely unrelated and very unlucky injuries. Perhaps we should bring mystic meg into medicals from now on to see what injuries players pick up in future?

Injured with us last year. Signed when carrying an injury. Possibly injury prone? We've had our fingers burnt with other players with injuries. Notably Mitroglu. Mawson also recovering from surgery.

He was injured with us by breaking his foot in a tackle, he'd never broken a bone as a professional footballer and short of him developing brittle bone disease which isn't possible, that's not the sort of injury you can expect to just happen. We signed him knowing that he was recovering from said injury, at a massive discount knowing that when fit he'd be a good player. He's now got a knee injury which is the first time he's had any serious problem with his knee since 2012 when he had a medial ligament issue (not the dreaded ACL). Prior to his long term foot injury he'd barely missed any long spell of games due to injury since that knee injury 9 years ago, so hardly a sick note and more likely a case of a seriously unlucky player over the last 18 months.

I will accept serious bad luck. Someone in SW6 has had a problem with mirrors 🤬
[/quote Sick notes rarely recover and go on to have good football careers.
It's like someone at the club had an obsession to sign him at all costs, despite us having relatively good defensive cover already, but very little at central striker.
SOMEONE should be held accountable.

FulhamStu

I still have hope that Kongolo will be a very big player for us next season.  Him and Tosin at the back should be fantastic

bog

Quote from: bobby01 on April 16, 2021, 03:37:26 PM
I really feel sorry for the lad, his talent is obvious. Get well soon mate.

+1 That penalty area tackle  v City in an FA Cup tie I wont forget.

092.gif 

JoelH5

So will it be Hector and Tosin next season at the back?
I was there, standing in the Putney end