watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what would you do to the "big 6"?

Started by WhiteJC, April 21, 2021, 01:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

now that Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd & Spurs have "withdrawn" from their "Super League" what do you think should be done?

I don't think that all should be forgiven, something needs to be done but what?

should they be punished?
what form should the punishment take?

or should only the "owners" be held to account?
punishing the "club" would unfairly? hurt managers, players and supporters so why should they be punished when they have done nothing wrong (apart from support the wrong club)

would "a big fine" really hurt them?
if deducting points, how many?
too many points and the "team" could be relegated, how would that impact next season for both the Premier and Championship?

as we currently only have 3 relegation places then potentially 3 of the six could be punished more than the others?

JoelH5

Quote from: whitejc on April 21, 2021, 01:03:24 PM
now that Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd & Spurs have "withdrawn" from their "Super League" what do you think should be done?

I don't think that all should be forgiven, something needs to be done but what?

should they be punished?
what form should the punishment take?

or should only the "owners" be held to account?
punishing the "club" would unfairly? hurt managers, players and supporters so why should they be punished when they have done nothing wrong (apart from support the wrong club)

would "a big fine" really hurt them?
if deducting points, how many?
too many points and the "team" could be relegated, how would that impact next season for both the Premier and Championship?

as we currently only have 3 relegation places then potentially 3 of the six could be punished more than the others?

Relegate them to the Championship. Simple as. It's essentially what they did to Juve after the match fixing scandal.

It's super simple. Relegate all 6. Bottom 3 stay up, top 2 from Champ and playoff winners go up as usual.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

WhiteJC

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 21, 2021, 01:15:22 PM

Relegate them to the Championship. Simple as. It's essentially what they did to Juve after the match fixing scandal.

It's super simple. Relegate all 6. Bottom 3 stay up, top 2 from Champ and playoff winners go up as usual.

but wouldn't this hurt 3 of the 6 more than the others?
you'd expect that even with their "second string" players any or all of them would walk the Championship?
that would leave 3 of them in the lower league and presumably they'd walk it the next season?

this would mean that other Championship clubs are also punished as they couldn't hope to gain promotion for a couple of seasons? this could also include any club being relegated from the Premiership

Neutral Zone Ultra

What I hope happens:

Expulsion from the Premier League and English Football League, fines of no less than 7 figures each, bans from European competition
50+1 rule introduced

What I think will actually happen:

5 figure fines, maybe a transfer ban. That's it.

RaySmith

Dock them points, better than fines, and can  deny them  the success they feel they are entitled to, for a season at at least.

Colton F.C.

They should have a 'Year of Shame'  :012: playing under a name (not abusive) voted on by their nearest rival supporters.  AFC Walham Green anyone.

ianthailand

Relegated to Division 2 and only 1 promotion place for 6 years.

bobby01

I truly believe the FA will follow its time honoured practice of doing nothing on the basis that it will all die down over the close season. How many clubs have we seen breach the ffp rules, by selling grounds etc and no action taken.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

PaulJ123

They'll be fined £500k each (i.e nothing for them) and that'll be that. We'll be back here in 2 years time doing it all over again.

Sadly they're just too powerful to do anything that will effect them as it should. Points deduction potentially next season or a ban from European football might be the best options.

Relegating them only has the impact of harming other teams in those leagues. Imagine we're in the championship and competing with City and Liverpool for the automatic spots. It's pointless.

#HoweIn

Lighthouse

Well nothing will happen to them. The game is still unfairly biased to clubs with huge amounts of money and who have the ear of those that run our game so inefficiently.

It is a start and great to see the Super League idea dropped but let's not think this changes much. Those that run football badly and those that own the Big Six are still dependent on each other. Besides any proper punishment would only hurt the supporters and fans of the clubs after the fans were the ones who led the revolt.

What should happen? A possible ban of transfers in for a season. But not sure how legally this would work. But considering they all complain of luck of funds a ban on transfers would surely help them. In the future a wage ceiling perhaps. At the moment it is embarrassing just how much money players make. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 21, 2021, 02:42:11 PM
They'll be fined £500k each (i.e nothing for them) and that'll be that. We'll be back here in 2 years time doing it all over again.

Sadly they're just too powerful to do anything that will effect them as it should. Points deduction potentially next season or a ban from European football might be the best options.

Relegating them only has the impact of harming other teams in those leagues. Imagine we're in the championship and competing with City and Liverpool for the automatic spots. It's pointless.

#HoweIn
This
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ron

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 21, 2021, 02:38:01 PM
Nothing will happen.

Agreed. The politicians who "stopped it" will pat themselves on the back for being so clever, and the fans who bathe in the clubs' reflected glory will mindlessly pay increased admission and merchandise prices.

..until greed overtakes the owners again and they try the same kind of thing under a different guise in a couple of years

Southdowns White

What about making each club donate 10 million each into grass roots sport. I doubt anything will be done though.

Blawarmy

Drop them to league 2. Happened to Rangers because of their owner!

WokingFFC

Relegate them to league 2 like what happened Rangers in Scotland. That way, the lower league teams will have their grounds full 6 times that season, allowing them to gain some financial support.

WhiteJC

Sammyffc

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on April 21, 2021, 01:35:43 PM
What I hope happens:

Expulsion from the Premier League and English Football League, fines of no less than 7 figures each, bans from European competition
50+1 rule introduced

What I think will actually happen:

5 figure fines, maybe a transfer ban. That's it.

i actually laughed so hard reading your punishment.

In essense you are saying their punishment should be exactly what they just tried to do hahahahahaa

They would leave the prem and europe if they had their way, thats what they wanted.

But you want that to be their punishment ? hahahaahhaahahahah

BarryP

I would revoke their right to vote on league matters for at least a year and introduce a player wage cap with strict points reductions for noncompliance.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Sgt Fulham

Punish the owners involved, severely, and put in legislation to give the fans much more power. The players and managers of these clubs had no role, and their efforts over the season should not be damaged. People here just smell blood because in the 'best' case scenario we wouldn't get relegated. We fully deserve to get relegated though, as shown over 32 games. If you've been protesting against a footballing system that does not punish failure, yet clamour for this then sorry but you're a hypocrite.