News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


SP in or out poll

Started by Willham, April 30, 2021, 09:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep "parks"

Yes
293 (41.1%)
No
334 (46.8%)
Unsure
86 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 708

Voting closed: May 07, 2021, 09:47:14 PM

MartyFFC

THREE goals in our last 12 home games. Let that sink in. And Parker stating in almost every post-match interview how 'we showed our quality' irrespective of the negative dross we've had to endure. I can accept relegation, but the thought of another season of such abject negativity and delusion depresses me. OUT.

Woolly Mammoth

#61
Quote from: LittleErn on May 02, 2021, 04:34:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2021, 10:13:41 AM
Scott Parker In for me. He has had to play catch up with a lopsided squad all season so has been unable to implement the system of play he would love to put into action.
We need consistency and a long and short term plan. The last thing this club needs is further disruption which creates uncertainty and sets us back as the past events have shown. Be careful what you wish for it could be very expensive on and off the field. 
A Bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush.
The grass is not always greener on the other side, it can be very parched.

Could you please enlighten me as to what system of play he would love to put into operation?

I am afraid I cannot enlighten you as not only should you yourself know by now as I do, but I have been sworn to secrecy. Therefore you will have to be patient until next season.
In the meantime if you are at a loose end scratching around the house, you could commence a TK out campaign at both The Cottage and MP simultaneously by hiring a Rent a Mob led by Scott Parker himself.
If you call Mr Lyon on 0344 2251826 he will be able to get the ball ⚽️ rolling for you.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colham

Quote from: MartyFFC on May 02, 2021, 10:57:00 PM
THREE goals in our last 12 home games. Let that sink in. And Parker stating in almost every post-match interview how 'we showed our quality' irrespective of the negative dross we've had to endure. I can accept relegation, but the thought of another season of such abject negativity and delusion depresses me. OUT.

This is what is very grating with Parker.  Despite the evidence of our own eyes, he's telling us that the tripe his side serves up is delicious.


MickW


Matt10

I voted out.

Parker strikes me as a coach that understands players and makes that a higher priority than actually keeping them accountable. I forgot which match it was, but with the fake crowd noise off, you could hear him clearly just praising players and instructing them well before they even received the ball. It reminded me of a captain that is involved a bit too much - and at one point in time I just wanted to say "shut up and let them play". I think when you combine lack of accountability, in training and in matches, with over-instruction, you lose a little bit of the player's natural flow. You never actually get the best out of them because they're trying to perform for you, the coach, in those moments rather than see the big picture. This is why I believe there was a significant change in the way coaching education, especially here in the US, is now geared for a more natural approach. There are fewer fundamental drills and less specific instructions. Whereas before you may shout "send him long", you now say "find an opening". Parker is very meticulous, and from my judgment, he struggles to let go of control. Much like supporters, we can judge the result, but Parker is realistic and highly in tune with the context of results. At times, this can come off as making excuses, or validating, the poor results.

Caedal

I honestly have no idea how anyone can want to watch the dour football we play under Parker for yet another season...


Willham

Quote from: Caedal on May 03, 2021, 02:53:14 PM
I honestly have no idea how anyone can want to watch the dour football we play under Parker for yet another season...

It's so difficult because yes it is dour but at times it is attractive, it's such a hard decision!

LittleErn

#67
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2021, 10:48:17 AM
Quote from: LittleErn on May 02, 2021, 04:34:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2021, 10:13:41 AM
Scott Parker In for me. He has had to play catch up with a lopsided squad all season so has been unable to implement the system of play he would love to put into action.
We need consistency and a long and short term plan. The last thing this club needs is further disruption which creates uncertainty and sets us back as the past events have shown. Be careful what you wish for it could be very expensive on and off the field. 
A Bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush.
The grass is not always greener on the other side, it can be very parched.

Could you please enlighten me as to what system of play he would love to put into operation?

I am afraid I cannot enlighten you as not only should you yourself know by now as I do, but I have been sworn to secrecy. Therefore you will have to be patient until next season.
In the meantime if you are at a loose end scratching around the house, you could commence a TK out campaign at both The Cottage and MP simultaneously by hiring a Rent a Mob led by Scott Parker himself.
If you call Mr Lyon on 0344 2251826 he will be able to get the ball ⚽️ rolling for you.   

Would that be Mr C Lyon, woolly dinosaur? By the way I am not anti Parker - I am undecided. I simply don't know how he would have performed with a better squad. I am also not TK out as I don't know what FFP constraints he was operating under. I suspect that both have made poor decisions but who would have made better ones? As long as TK and his dad keep putting the money up I'll stick with them.

As for the system of play issue - your answer looks like a cop-out to me!

😘


Keefy

In my opinion Parker does not have the intellectual capacity to be an effective Premier manager, neither now nor ever.


Bassey the warrior

Based on last season I'd replace Parker, as we were lucky to go up. Brentford deserved promotion. As ever it depends who else is available.

dorsetwhite

OUT, Simply because the football has been absolutely dire to watch. How many times can you say since Scotty took control  "Wow that was a good game to watch".

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: LittleErn on May 03, 2021, 05:20:41 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2021, 10:48:17 AM
Quote from: LittleErn on May 02, 2021, 04:34:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2021, 10:13:41 AM
Scott Parker In for me. He has had to play catch up with a lopsided squad all season so has been unable to implement the system of play he would love to put into action.
We need consistency and a long and short term plan. The last thing this club needs is further disruption which creates uncertainty and sets us back as the past events have shown. Be careful what you wish for it could be very expensive on and off the field. 
A Bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush.
The grass is not always greener on the other side, it can be very parched.

Could you please enlighten me as to what system of play he would love to put into operation?

I am afraid I cannot enlighten you as not only should you yourself know by now as I do, but I have been sworn to secrecy. Therefore you will have to be patient until next season.
In the meantime if you are at a loose end scratching around the house, you could commence a TK out campaign at both The Cottage and MP simultaneously by hiring a Rent a Mob led by Scott Parker himself.
If you call Mr Lyon on 0344 2251826 he will be able to get the ball ⚽️ rolling for you.   

Would that be Mr C Lyon, woolly dinosaur? By the way I am not anti Parker - I am undecided. I simply don't know how he would have performed with a better squad. I am also not TK out as I don't know what FFP constraints he was operating under. I suspect that both have made poor decisions but who would have made better ones? As long as TK and his dad keep putting the money up I'll stick with them.

As for the system of play issue - your answer looks like a cop-out to me!

😘



LittleErn, It is not a cop out, it is TK OUT with immediate effect. The owners sons only restraint are the men in tights.
As for the money they are putting up, beware of fools gold.
As for Mr C Lyon that is an astonishing coincidence that you also know of him assuming it is the same bloke.
Anyway give him a bell if you consider you wish to hold a TK out sit in at either of the premises mentioned.  094.gif 1500.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.


sarnian

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 03, 2021, 06:01:12 PM
Based on last season I'd replace Parker, as we were lucky to go up. Brentford deserved promotion. As ever it depends who else is available.

Your joking. Bottle job.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: sarnian on May 03, 2021, 06:26:18 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 03, 2021, 06:01:12 PM
Based on last season I'd replace Parker, as we were lucky to go up. Brentford deserved promotion. As ever it depends who else is available.

Your joking. Bottle job.

They played much better football. Parker played a blinder in the play off final but over the course of the season, Brentford were the better side.

MickTheBeard

On the fence as I see Tony is the main problem,and the sticking problem is with the losses of the clubs due to covid,how are we going to loan out or sell failures on high money,when their will cheaper and better options out their,which we will be paying the lions share of the players wages while on loan.A good example Betts is on very good wages, so is christie above average wages for the championship,we have an option of another year on these two, if we walk away we get nothing,if we take up option we might loan them out and pay some of their wages,no money in kitty.Then the other end who will want seri,lemarchard nock hart and headless cav it will be very trying this summer because of their inflated wages,and I forgot what about kamara who will want or handle him,this summer will be our alamo


davew

Looking like the no's might have it?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deadcowboys

Quote from: davew on May 04, 2021, 08:23:40 AM
Looking like the no's might have it?

It's a close call but considering it was being touted on this forum that 80% of fans wanting him out, he's not doing too bad.

clarkey

You do not need to agonise over this question.

Just ask an even more simple question: when did you last watch Fulham and feel really proud of the team ?

When did they last play a good game of football ?

You will probably have to go back to Slavisa in the play off final.Parker is not the man, he does some things fine, but others really badly (RLC/Cav selection and his subbing is woeful) but worst of all his football philosophy is more Mourinho than Pep to put it mildly.


RaySmith

Quote from: dorsetwhite on May 03, 2021, 06:09:24 PM
OUT, Simply because the football has been absolutely dire to watch. How many times can you say since Scotty took control  "Wow that was a good game to watch".

Couldn't care less about the style of play, , or the holes in the stand roof (I used to stand on the open Riverside terracing when i first began watching Fulham)- see the Man U  weekend protests, as long as we win games and have success.

Tell me what fans praises their side's beautiful football, if they lose all the time, and go down and never win anything?

Scott , and I'm not saying he has no faults, has tried to be successful with Fulham with the players available to him, which doesn't include attacking players able to score  many goals in the Prem, though not for want of chances created.

We have also suffered terrible luck, with abysmal ref decisions - the worst i've  ever seen, man and boy, and last minute sickeners.

OK, you make your own luck, but  the points we've lost through what seems blatantly biased refereeing, would probably keep us up for a start.

Parker in.

Lordedmundo

Parker out for the following reasons:

-The football is turgid and negative for the much part. The number of backward passess made in games is not acceptable.  It is all very well saying that the team are 'up for it', but you are surrending the initiative by playing this way.

-He is not getting the most out of the players in my opinion.

-In game management and tactics are poor (substitutions too late and usually wrong option, retreating and becoming even more negative in the final minutes of games when we are ahead).

-He is not tough enough as a manager. There are some players who do not seem to 100% committed when on the pitch (and there have been a few bottling tackles recently).

-9 goals in 17 home games is completely unacceptable.

The only argument for keeping him is continuity, but do we really want or need that?  The fate of many players will be decided by finances and their own ambition - not the manager. It is better for him to depart now than after 10 games of under-performance next season.