293 (41.1%)
No
334 (46.8%)
Unsure
86 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 711

Voting closed: May 07, 2021, 09:47:14 PM

Simply91

In - he's done it before successfully and i back him to do it again.

Willham

Quote from: toshes mate on May 01, 2021, 10:14:18 AM
I haven't and will not be voting.

The first rule about conducting an opinion poll is not to phrase a question in a biased manner. The thread title/topic is 'SP in or out poll', but the question asked is 'Keep Parks' (the positive position) and the answers 'Yes' etc.  Not that it makes the poll any more or less useful since the Khans don't run a democracy.   More likely they are victims of self confirming bias as are most of us.

I understand your view and I had hoped that the pun intended with "parks" was kinda my attempt to give both sides enough bias.

But I understand your view and I thank you for feedback, if I start a poll again I will take your comments into consideration.

filham

Quote from: blingo on May 01, 2021, 07:36:30 AM
Out. It will be interesting to see if /how this changes if we lose today.
Yes , a 5-0 win for us  at the Bridge this evening and I would expect a flood of posts saying Parker is the man to lead us to promotion next season.
Also the rumours suggesting a Spurs interest in Parker should be making more of us intent on keeping him.

Nero

Not voted yet, giving him the benefit of time to see if he can produce something, but watching a Parker team is like watching him as a player, no flair no imagination just play the safe option turn abound and go backwards, just bored of it now I can cope with losing but id like to be entertained whilst doing so, The reason most people seem to want to keep parker is for consistency and if that is your reason he needs to go as he has no positives you can offer then he's here what does that say.

bigalffc

:plus one:
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2021, 10:13:41 AM
Scott Parker In for me. He has had to play catch up with a lopsided squad all season so has been unable to implement the system of play he would love to put into action.
We need consistency and a long and short term plan. The last thing this club needs is further disruption which creates uncertainty and sets us back as the past events have shown. Be careful what you wish for it could be very expensive on and off the field. 
A Bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush.
The grass is not always greener on the other side, it can be very parched.
:plus one:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

The Old Count

Out.  He should have kept us up with the players we have. Negative tactics have cost us.

TC's Sporran

in

v west brom type performances will see us promoted

Logicalman

I sometimes rue the fact we got promoted last season tbh. I have voted to keep him because I do believe he will come good, and had we not gotten promoted last season then I strongly feel he would have gotten us up this season and been in a better position to manage in the Prem.
I said at the tail end of last season that upon promotion I felt that Scotty needed a more experienced manager to mentor him as I believed he was too green for the Prem, and this season he has floundered due to that inexperience and not having the support available. Relegation would be good for him, and the club, at this stage, and ready to progress again next season under his same leadership.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

cottage expat

Quote from: Logicalman on May 01, 2021, 09:43:50 PM
I sometimes rue the fact we got promoted last season tbh. I have voted to keep him because I do believe he will come good, and had we not gotten promoted last season then I strongly feel he would have gotten us up this season and been in a better position to manage in the Prem.
I said at the tail end of last season that upon promotion I felt that Scotty needed a more experienced manager to mentor him as I believed he was too green for the Prem, and this season he has floundered due to that inexperience and not having the support available. Relegation would be good for him, and the club, at this stage, and ready to progress again next season under his same leadership.

I see your point but I'm not sure he has learned many lessons this season and I'm afraid it will be same old, same old in the Champ.next season

The Old Count

I suspect that this is how the Khans will see it.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Simply91 on May 01, 2021, 12:46:32 PM
In - he's done it before successfully and i back him to do it again.
If getting promoted is all that matters then you could be right.... I on the other hand, thought a lot of our football was so boring it was frustrating to watch. It depends on what you want from your ticket money... getting promoted at all costs or being entertained? 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Nero

He got Stuart Gray as his assistant who he seems to ignore and speaks to Matt Wells, his downfall will be of his own making

MISERYMAN

I've voted not to keep him.  Like many, I've wavered as the season has progressed between yes and no.  Having won at Liverpool and nearly caught up with the teams above, I began to believe we might well survive.  However since then we have gone backwards (literally!).  The style of play is so incredibly boring and safety first.  Yes there is a lack of forward power but I just think we should have gone for it a bit more and put more faith in Mitro and Maja.  Let's face it, the style last season was not great for a lot of the time and trying to hang on to 1-0 leads when we get our occasional goal is just not good enough most of the time in the EPL.

I think football generally has become more possession based and I've seen plenty of other boring games but it's worse when it's your own team and I think Parker does not have sufficient imagination or dynamism to take us further forward, although in many respects he's not done that bad a job with what he has to play with.  Time to say goodbye then, but don't ask me who should take over.  We know that means another rebuilding job but that will be necessary anyway with all the loan players likely to go plus a few more.  That's not been the way to run the club as many have pointed out.

_Putney_

Mr White

Out,loans will be gone,the whole set up needs refreshing,Parker's tactics are just to negative.

Brawn

In, as long as Parker would commit long-term.

It says a lot that he's, in a way, exceeded expectations of this year. We were never expected to stay up, we won't stay up, but we gave it a bloody good go!

Ever since Shahid Khan came in he has not shown any long-term planning whatsoever. The goal at the start of every Championship season was play-offs, even when we had the Magath and Kit days. Kit was the only one who was looking like a long-term option, but he was given the sack. We need to clear out the deadwood, work out what we want to do with the Christies, Knockaerts, Mawsons, Fabris et al of this world, and build a sustainable team, even if that doesn't mean immediate bouncebackability.

LittleErn

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2021, 10:13:41 AM
Scott Parker In for me. He has had to play catch up with a lopsided squad all season so has been unable to implement the system of play he would love to put into action.
We need consistency and a long and short term plan. The last thing this club needs is further disruption which creates uncertainty and sets us back as the past events have shown. Be careful what you wish for it could be very expensive on and off the field. 
A Bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush.
The grass is not always greener on the other side, it can be very parched.

Could you please enlighten me as to what system of play he would love to put into operation?

WindyCity