No
334 (46.8%)
Unsure
86 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 711

Voting closed: May 07, 2021, 09:47:14 PM

Buffalo76

Quote from: colham on May 01, 2021, 06:48:11 AM
I don't know who would be better, but I'm not sure I'm ready for another season of passing around the back 4 before Cav or Knockaert shank it into the Putney end.

:plus one:

Karlos

In

It is vital that our team for next season is concluded by the end of July to give him a chance to hit the ground running.

I would like to think we already have plans drawn up for what next season will look like which includes what players we expect to leave and where we feel we need to strengthen and these need to have  Parkers input as our manager/head coach

Failure to do so will be more that of our club and not Parker

Fulham Tup North

If he goes, who do we get in? Shouldn't we look for some kind of stability? Some of the football this season has been awful to watch..... I'm not sure.... but maybe that's because I'm not going to matches and my interest is still quite low atm 🤔
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Scott Parker In for me. He has had to play catch up with a lopsided squad all season so has been unable to implement the system of play he would love to put into action.
We need consistency and a long and short term plan. The last thing this club needs is further disruption which creates uncertainty and sets us back as the past events have shown. Be careful what you wish for it could be very expensive on and off the field. 
A Bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush.
The grass is not always greener on the other side, it can be very parched.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

I haven't and will not be voting.

The first rule about conducting an opinion poll is not to phrase a question in a biased manner. The thread title/topic is 'SP in or out poll', but the question asked is 'Keep Parks' (the positive position) and the answers 'Yes' etc.  Not that it makes the poll any more or less useful since the Khans don't run a democracy.   More likely they are victims of self confirming bias as are most of us.

filham

Does yes on the voting schedule mean in or out.
I am for keeping Parker but only on the understanding that he changes his tactics a little and will replace Reid, Cav. and Knock with strikers likely to score some goals.

SP

Fulhamight

Anyone out there with FFC DNA that would be better? Maybe but they wouldn't join us. Might develop into our "Parklife" Hold tight, buckle down and love FFC.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on May 01, 2021, 10:16:33 AM
Does yes on the voting schedule mean in or out.

My understanding and I deduce that as the question is Keep Parks ?
The answer if you wish to keep him is "YES", if you do not then it is a miserable ill informed no.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

S.F.Sorrow

In for the sake of continuity.

We simply can't sack yet another manager instead of dealing with the real problem.

Sooner or later Parker will probably have to go but it's too soon IMO. At least unless the club and TK wants to look like even more of a joke.

Jules

Keep him, support him and see how it goes for the first 10 games in the championship. Assess again then. In meantime, as others have said, it is vital we get the squad ready with players out and new ones in before the first game..ideally in pre season. We cannot afford to start slowly.

Sgt Fulham

In. If you roll the dice, you're more likely to get a Ranieri than a Jokanovic. Parker has made us more solid, and provided with the right team could keep us in the Premier League. Parker also has a 100% promotion record from the Championship as our manager. Yes, he had what was meant to be an excellent squad, but was it really that good? We have seen how limited Knockaert and Cav turned out to be, after all.

jayffc

If we had Slav, Howe or Rafa lined up coming in, then Parker out for me, how hed have has such support iin scenario would be baffling to me, this team could have stayed up under different leadership in my opinion and weve been stagnant going forward despite having a forward capable of scoring for fun at international level.

I hope if he stays hes learnt enough to press on, but we scraped it last time when we should have dominated and played pretty boring football for 95% of the season. No hater, nice bloke, just bored to buggery with watching the team struggle to attack.

Andy S

The problem is all the business is done during the last few days of the transfer window however much the fans want it concluded early. It will never be

toshes mate

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on May 01, 2021, 10:37:04 AM
In for the sake of continuity.

We simply can't sack yet another manager instead of dealing with the real problem.

Sooner or later Parker will probably have to go but it's too soon IMO. At least unless the club and TK wants to look like even more of a joke.
My stance is to let both TK and SP do their business elsewhere because that means we truly do have a chance to build a sustainable Club structure without the nonsence we have seen throughout this latest ownership era.  It isn't rocket science.  It is about how you create a workplace that truly does pull in the same direction without overblown egos getting in the way.   If TK stays then it makes not one tuppence worth of difference to anybody or anything whether Parker stays or goes.  But with a new Director of Football that actually has the character and ability to make things happen who knows?

JimOG

Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2021, 08:48:47 AM
Seriously though, I'm a bit like Craven Mad and that fence is starting to feel irritating. I too have found some of our football tedious but there have been occasions when I've seen glimmers of light. The biggest concern for me is that SP seems reluctant to do things a little differently e.g. persisting with his attempts to protect single goal leads.  If I see some sign of considered change in the remaining games then I'd say keep him. No change then ditch.
So it's an in for now but only because I'm waiting to see his approach to the final games of this dire season.

+ 1...I think he deserves some time to build the core of a team that could get promoted and stay. Likewise my reservation is this incredibly cautious approach. Last season was almost unwatchable.
This year, in the most trying of circumstances, he deserves great credit. At this stage 2 years ago we had 17 points and went on to concede 81 goals (we did, however, win three of our last 5 games). For me I'd like to see how SP shapes us in next season's Championship but if we're back to 'Parkerball' then it's time to move on. Incidentally I've been watching FFC since the late 1950s. The only time I've smiled at the end of a match in which we were beaten was when Leeds won 2-1 at the Cottage. I loved their football & Bielsa's philosophy

Lighthouse

It comes down to a very simple argument. Is SP and his tactics too defensive and conservative? Or are they fine and working well enough in most situations.

It seems that if we wanted to draw every game then he would be ideal. When we are chasing promotion then he might not be ideal. But we won promotion with him last time. He is popular as far as I am aware and backs his players.

Bringing in another coach/ manager as we have proved so many times is not always a better solution. But then again.

I am sitting on a rather uncomfortable fence and will remain there until we have a transfer system run by somebody who knows what he is doing most of the time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Willham

This is a closer call than brexit so far! I was only talking to a friend the other day saying how our fans seem split on issues, I guess this kinda backs it up.

I wonder if we'll see a vote of confidence from TK. That usually signals the beginning of the end in most situations.

grandad

In for me . TK must give SP the proper tools to do the job. No waiting till the last hours of the window & then filling the squad with loanees. Work should have already started in identifying targets.
Where there's a will there's a wife