watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry but this is embarrassing ....

Started by howitis, May 01, 2021, 06:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Not so much as a fight to stay up. Parker has offered nothing and neither has our team.
Cut adrift and useless.
How anybody could vote on the recent poll to keep Parker is beyond me.
He knew we had only one recognised striker and rather then find a solution to service him he dropped him and played a system that resulted in one of the lowest goal scoring tally's the premier league has seen.
Going down is nothing short of disasterous. We do not have a cluster of young talent that has broken into the first team squad. We have a few decent loanees who will now flee and we will be left with some of the bad buys and the remnants of other championship campaigns.
Just look at our bench today - Ream, Hector , Odoi. Is that really what we have to look forward to next season.
We have "nice" owners and they are to be saluted on the building of the new stand but the football operation is woeful.

Fulham Tup North

We are just not good enough unfortunately 😔 ⚽️⚽️🥺
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham 442

I agree with much of your post. However I do think our team are fighting though but sadly we're just not good enough.  We haven't been disgraced in games simply second best. I dread to think what will happen next season and where we go from here...

SP

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 01, 2021, 06:50:28 PM

That's the truth of it I'm afraid.

Texas White

Disappointing but not unexpected. It's a big step up and we are just not up to it. Next year will be really hard.

SP

To think someone recently compared this team to the great escape team.

SuffolkWhite

The season has gone, we have not played enough attacking football in the right games  Villa, Wolves etc. No Mitro up front this season has been a weird one and no 2 Strikers up front in games we needed to win. Parker has done well in games and giving belief to the players but in crucial games we lacked tactics. Did I say I like the Championship? Well no choice now!
Still, COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Sgt Fulham

I am Parker in because I don't think it's the manager, but the level of the players. We are mislead to believe we have a decent team because of a few very good players. Unfortunately there is no room for passengers in the Prem, and so these players alone can't keep us up. It's sad because those select players could have not only enabled us to survive, but thrive, surrounded by teammates closer to their level.

roberto w6

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 01, 2021, 06:50:28 PM

:plus one:
Which of these players would walk into another PL side. 2 or 3 at best. We needed 15 players of the quality of Areola, Andersen to be sure of staying up. So many on here believing Mitrovic is the messiah or that selecting Cav is the reason we went down. Utter nonsense, we're just collectively not good enough. Guardiola would have got us more points than Parker and maybe, just maybe, have avoided the drop but no manager could have guaranteed staying up with this squad