watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RLC and Cavaleiro

Started by Dodgin, May 02, 2021, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

RLC and Cav are not picked for any games this season and a perrmutation of Mitrovic, Onomah, Bryan and Carvalho are used instead. All meaningless but Newcastle just lost and I'm dreaming or am I.

MikeTheCubed

Playing the likes of Onomah and Bryan may well prove equally ineffective as playing Cavaleiro, but surely they deserve a go?

RLC might as well be ostracised at this point, but suspect the loan agreement includes a higher fee for not selecting him.

RaySmith

I'm sure the club would not accept any contract that said  RLC had to be played.

I think it is possible we could win these four games, the attitude and play of the Fulham players has been impressive, the way they have kept battling, and  coming close in games against top teams, although not managing to get  goals, though obviously unlikely, but maybe with a different combination up front....! but we also need no club above us to get any points.

But while there's a glimmer of hope, we dream, especially when the team has been so  unlucky, and come so close in so many games, and experienced such awful ref decisions.

Penfold

I'm fairly sure that the parent club, in RLC case, the blue filth, cannot insist that the player plays. However, I believe that they can insert financial clauses that makes it more in the loaning clubs interest to select the player.

Twig

MJG has already made quite clear that there is no "must play" clause in RLC's loan agreement.

filham

We are right on the verge of relegation and as soon as that becomes an arithmetical certainty, probably on Monday 10th May at the end of the Burnley match, full concentration should switch to next season.

Our team for the next match should then be something like:-
                                                                          Rodac
                                                      Tete         Hector        Tosin        Robinson
                                                                               Reed
                                                                     Onamah             Caverlah
                                                           Reid                  Mitro             Bryan     

Bill2

Quote from: filham on May 02, 2021, 05:06:31 PM
We are right on the verge of relegation and as soon as that becomes an arithmetical certainty, probably on Monday 10th May at the end of the Burnley match, full concentration should switch to next season.

Rodac
                                                                               Reed

They are definitely the most "Marmite" players in the team and I am not sure they deserve a starting place although I would rather see Cav than RLC. What I would want is to see Mitro leading the line especially against Burnley which will we all know will be a physical encounter. He will be especially useful with his defending from set pieces.
Sorry we should keep Areola and Anderson, both are too good to leave out absolutely put Tete in, a good defender who likes a challenge. Will Reed have recovered enough to put in the the physical game he does, don't know. Need Lemina in the midfield especially if Harrison not fit. Bryan wide left HMMM.

Asotosyios

Quote from: filham on May 02, 2021, 05:06:31 PM

Rodac
                                                                               Reed

I don't agree with that. Yes, we should focus on the next season when relegation is confirmed but we should still play our best team (or at least, what Parker thinks it's his best team) for the last few games. I am all for dropping RLC and giving a chance to Onomah or Carvalho, but wouldn't drop Andersen just because he won't be with us next year.

shepperton white

How about Ariola in goal and our under 18's! - at least they know how to score