https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cant wait for some entertaining Championship matches next season

Started by Blawarmy, May 05, 2021, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 05, 2021, 04:47:27 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on May 05, 2021, 04:17:22 PM
I'm just hoping FFC can survive next season to be honest.  I do fear a possible relegation.
You dont think our DOF will be able to build a squad strong enough to even stay in the champs?  This is what he lives for now. Well apart from building a terrible NFL side and the men in tights. Getting us to a wembley playoff victory every other year is the bare minimum.

IDK, I think this may be the end of the line for the yo-yo.  There's no guarantee this side can continue the yo-yo plan.  One would think with ownerships' money, the new stands build, and apparently plenty of cash for player securements there would be plenty incentive for owners to field a team capable of a promotion next year.  I'm not holding my breath.

WindyCity

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 05, 2021, 05:02:34 PM
I'm just hoping FFC can survive next season to be honest.  I do fear a possible relegation. 
People said this last time we went down and I can't work out why for the life of me. We have a decent base of championship players still with us (some out on loan) and we have a shedload of money. You have to be pretty crap to get relegated from the Championship, so while we may not be certs for automatic promotion, relegation should be almost out of the question.

Well to be honest good sir, I may have been one of those people.  But let's recall last season, especially at beginning and getting toward mid season FFC was mired in lower half of table.  And in spite of what many posters here felt was a top two team, in spite of its' shortcomings, FFC really didn't start gaining ground until second half.  And, this 'top two' team was not blowing opponents out of the water either.  Mostly close games, and no real standout goal scorer, outside of Mitrovic who did contribute early but was not a part of the squad during the playoff push.  FFC was getting the odd goal here or there from a variety of different players, but, to their credit, the team was advancing.  And recall also that when Hector was brought in, the team improved remarkably and became much better defensively, and that too wasn't until later in the season.

As we look toward next season, key players and loanees will be gone.  Mitrovic may very well be gone too.  I look at current players in this side and I still don't see a huge amount of talent and would wonder where goals are gonna come from.  Many posters here think auto promotion next season is a given.  I do question that, but hope I'm wrong. 

FFC In Oz

I've stated this numerous times.

I'm much more worried at this stage about going down to L1 then bouncing back up.

Of course, a swift overhaul of the squad, addressing our well-known weaknesses and getting the majority of business done before the season starts could allay my fears.

fcfulham55

With Scott Parker in charge, we will be lucky to see a couple of entertaining games from 46.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

perry geyton

Depends who our manager is next season,,,,,
I remember some pretty drab affairs under kit & Parker

With A massive rebuild underway so it might not be so pleasurable as we'd expect

WindyCity

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 07, 2021, 03:59:17 AM
I'm much more worried at this stage about going down to L1 then bouncing back up.
Of course, a swift overhaul of the squad, addressing our well-known weaknesses and getting the majority of business done before the season starts could allay my fears.

Totally agree with you.  But getting business done before the start is a pipe dream.  Ownership/management has shown consistently in recent seasons that it waits to the last minute for acquisitions, usually after the 'good' players have been signed by other clubs.  So that aspect of your above commentary will not allay your fears.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: WindyCity on May 07, 2021, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 07, 2021, 03:59:17 AM

Totally agree with you.  But getting business done before the start is a pipe dream.  Ownership/management has shown consistently in recent seasons that it waits to the last minute for acquisitions, usually after the 'good' players have been signed by other clubs.  So that aspect of your above commentary will not allay your fears.

I know that it's unlikely but maybe there's a slight chance that TK may have realised and learned from his mistakes...