watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cant wait for some entertaining Championship matches next season

Started by Blawarmy, May 05, 2021, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blawarmy

Sorry I didnt realise there was already a Parkerball poll.

MartyFFC

I'm having sleepless nights thinking about whether we can beat our possession record set against Millwall

Blawarmy

Quote from: MartyFFC on May 05, 2021, 02:56:12 PM
I'm having sleepless nights thinking about whether we can beat our possession record set against Millwall

One of the  '2' great performances from last season.  The other being Brentford.

MikeTheCubed

Will Knockaert & Cavaleiro as inverted wingers finally click?

sunburywhite

Will RLC getting more time on the ball help him with his final pass
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Blawarmy

Will Fulham even bother playing a striker and just use the prolific RAC  Reid/Anthony/Cav

WindyCity

I'm just hoping FFC can survive next season to be honest.  I do fear a possible relegation. 

Blawarmy

Quote from: WindyCity on May 05, 2021, 04:17:22 PM
I'm just hoping FFC can survive next season to be honest.  I do fear a possible relegation.

You dont think our DOF will be able to build a squad strong enough to even stay in the champs?  This is what he lives for now. Well apart from building a terrible NFL side and the men in tights. Getting us to a wembley playoff victory every other year is the bare minimum.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: WindyCity on May 05, 2021, 04:17:22 PM

People said this last time we went down and I can't work out why for the life of me. We have a decent base of championship players still with us (some out on loan) and we have a shedload of money. You have to be pretty crap to get relegated from the Championship, so while we may not be certs for automatic promotion, relegation should be almost out of the question.

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

FulhamStu

Rodak to play wonderfully again

Tosin and Kongolo to form superb partnership.

Tete and Robinson, up and down the wings.

Reed Onomah Cairney with Carvalho dominating midfield.

The front 3 needs a re-think. 
Can Cav stop falling over and shoot straight?
Will BDR play a star role?
Will Mitro stay?
Will Maja be signed?
Will any of Kamara/Kebano/knockers be returning?

I hope we invest in 2 top creative players, a no10 and a wide player who can beat a player.  Lookman would be awesome in the championship but think he will get better offers, you never know?

filham

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 05, 2021, 05:48:29 PM

Will Mitro stay?
Will Maja be signed?

I hope we invest in 2 top creative players, a no10 and a wide player who can beat a player.  Lookman would be awesome in the championship but think he will get better offers, you never know?

That front three problem needs to be addressed immediately arithmetical relegation is confirmed otherwise the Championship is likely to become anther boring season where our best results are 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws.

Fulham 442

Will Mitro stay?
Will Maja be signed?

Good post.  Will Kongolo stay fit though, that is sadly looking doubtful.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 06, 2021, 11:25:43 AM

Will Mitro stay?
Will Maja be signed?

Good post.  Will Kongolo stay fit though, that is sadly looking doubtful.

I haven't heard any rumour of clubs coming in for Aina, he would be a fantastic signing if we could pull that off. Given how we are likely to dominate the games in the championship, he might even work as a CB in a back 4.

Southdowns White

I would only consider Kebano if it were my team, no place for the other two.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 06, 2021, 02:05:44 PM

I would only consider Kebano if it were my team, no place for the other two.

Kamara's current club in France is getting relegated so i doubt they can afford him, but given the rumours about discipline problems i suspect he will be moved on if Parker stays.
Doubt Nottingham can afford knockaert so i think he will be back in the squad. similarly, i think Kebano will be back as well, unless we get a large (and unlikely) offer for him.

I don think we have the money to give Knockaert and Kebano away on a free and pay the 5-10m (wild guess) it would take to buy better replacements. They are both good squad players in this division. I dont see much sense in selling them and paying for slightly better replacement, try to get promoted with them (save the money) and then try to replace them with a much better player (that would not join us in the championship) if/when promoted.

Feels like Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Kebano and one new signing will be our main wingers for the season. I'm counting Reid as a forward but you could add him to the mix a well.

clarkey

Under no circumstances keep Cav, he is awful and we know it.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on May 05, 2021, 03:32:38 PM
Will Knockaert & Cavaleiro as inverted wingers finally click?

Urgh god forbid we see double inverted wingers again.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

We Are Premier League

Quote from: clarkey on May 06, 2021, 03:26:12 PM
Under no circumstances keep Cav, he is awful and we know it.

I cant see anyone coming in to buy him for a decent fee. He is most likely on a high salary and we might have around 6m of (FFP) amortisation left on his transfer fee, it could actually be bad for our FFP balance to sell him.

I think he is a good (but not great) Championship player. I would keep him for this season, hope that he has a decent season (since we are now back at his level) and that we can sell him to another championship club when we get promoted.

bog

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 05, 2021, 03:34:25 PM
Will RLC getting more time on the ball help him with his final pass

I was hoping he had made his final pass with us already.... :022:

092.gif