more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's be honest

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 08, 2021, 09:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Quote from: blingo on May 09, 2021, 09:56:03 AM
He will lose the dressing room asa we are officially relegated. The loanees will ALL disappear and the players he has shunned for whatever reason won't want to play for us anymore as long as he is our manager. He has at no time addressed our real problems, No attacking midfielders and insistence on playing a loanee wannabe has been and another player who has all the best intentions in the world but can't cut it in the prem. So what will be left Odoi, Hector (whos been on 11 loan outs? Knock knock? Johansen? Who is going to WANT to play for Parker? Our strikers have either not been played, subbed on or off late in the game so we can try and hold on to a lead for the last twenty minutes of a match, sit back and soak it all up. NO TEAM can cope with that. Our squad was good enough, if they had been played to their strengths, but they were not.
The task ahead of us will not repeat NOT be easy in the Championship. It is the hardest league to get out of.
For Blingo it's Parker out all the way

Who has been shunned ? I'm not aware of any information that has been substantiated to back up your claim. Isn't it more of a case that new players were signed whether it be on permanent contracts or loan because the existing squad wasn't fit for purpose.

H4usuallysitting

The above yellow & green graph is a very decent Championship team......give Mr Parker 10 game's with them in the championship.....if he gets them winning fantastic

Twig

He will lose the dressing room asa we are officially relegated. The loanees will ALL disappear and the players he has shunned for whatever reason won't want to play for us anymore as long as he is our manager. He has at no time addressed our real problems, No attacking midfielders and insistence on playing a loanee wannabe has been and another player who has all the best intentions in the world but can't cut it in the prem. So what will be left Odoi, Hector (whos been on 11 loan outs? Knock knock? Johansen? Who is going to WANT to play for Parker? Our strikers have either not been played, subbed on or off late in the game so we can try and hold on to a lead for the last twenty minutes of a match, sit back and soak it all up. NO TEAM can cope with that. Our squad was good enough, if they had been played to their strengths, but they were not.
The task ahead of us will not repeat NOT be easy in the Championship. It is the hardest league to get out of.

I may or may not agree that SP should go but I think you're making some sweeping assumptions here? To say Parker has shunned players is to make wild accusation. To state that he will lose the dressing room is just your opinion it's not a fact as you present it.
Yes SP (or any replacement) will have a challenge because several of the squad members will be selected to get a team promoted knowing that they have not been seen as PL level players. But this is a problem that isn't unique to Scott, it happens all the time. It may be exacerbated because so many loan players will leave but that's TK's fault, if anyone's, not SP's.

blingo

Quote from: Twig on May 09, 2021, 10:27:22 AM

I may or may not agree that SP should go but I think you're making some sweeping assumptions here? To say Parker has shunned players is to make wild accusation. To state that he will lose the dressing room is just your opinion it's not a fact as you present it.
Yes SP (or any replacement) will have a challenge because several of the squad members will be selected to get a team promoted knowing that they have not been seen as PL level players. But this is a problem that isn't unique to Scott, it happens all the time. It may be exacerbated because so many loan players will leave but that's TK's fault, if anyone's, not SP's.

Mr Twig, don't we all make "sweeping assumptions" on here? It's a message board and all and sundry on here, rightly or wrongly,  post their views. You can't give an accurate account with " a friend of a friend, or someone who i know is well connected at the club" This is supposed to be informative and fun. Lighten up buddy. FFC succeeding or failing won't change any of our lives.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: blingo on May 09, 2021, 10:40:45 AM
Quote from: Twig on May 09, 2021, 10:27:22 AM

Mr Twig, don't we all make "sweeping assumptions" on here? It's a message board and all and sundry on here, rightly or wrongly,  post their views. You can't give an accurate account with " a friend of a friend, or someone who i know is well connected at the club" This is supposed to be informative and fun. Lighten up buddy. FFC succeeding or failing won't change any of our lives.

Strangely it affects my life....in the Prem, after the game the tourists jump in the cab....they go all over the place, never a local job..... In the Championship - I get you lot bleeding moaning at me, as I go over Putney Bridge in the bus lane and drop you (sometimes I even slow down, when you're getting out) at the Duke's Head...

filham

At the beginning of the season I thought we needed two quality centre backs and a striker with pace if we were to avoid relegation.
The centre backs arrived late and the striker Lookman was not quite up to standard. I never anticipated the loss of form for Mitro and the injury problem to Cairney.
Parker should be retained but  will now lose six good loan players and he must start his rebuild early, we need to hit the ground running next season.

Asotosyios

Quote from: MJG on May 09, 2021, 10:06:41 AM

here are all the players(1st team) who are contracted into next season. There are 3 with options to extend(Two GKs and Christie).

All the ones in yellow are players Parker has dropped or been away from club. If you were one of those 12 and he now says right back to it and help us get up again.....are you really going to work that hard for him? Yes they are under contract and will try their best...but does not bode well really.

I think only Rodak from the yellow-highlighted players will have a prominent role to play next year. The rest will be backups/squad players that won't get that many minutes and some of them will be sold or sent out on loan again.

I agree with you though that something has broken in their relationship with Parker. Yes, they will try their best as professionals but they know that their manager won't trust them or won't think they are good enough if we get promoted.

Nero

yes we knew we would have a fight on our hands to stay up but to barely step into the ring on so many occasions this season is worrying, Has Parker ever swapped wingers to opposite sides this season in a game, I know he barely did it last seasons be as we struggled to score did he try anything different, Bryan must be regretting he didn't take the villa offer and came to Fulham the way Parker has treated him this season leading assist making last season and pretty much dumped alongside the leading scorer and people don't see Parker as the problem as to why we haven't scored goal. people saying we didn't buy enough forwards remember parker said we don't want to repeat past mistakes with too many signings then hardly plays any players from last season besides Reed BDR and Cav,

Perhaps we can get an attacking coach in work on some patterns of plays and set pieces

bencher

I know there are still question marks about his quality in the PL, but boy have we missed Cairney this season. Someone that can unlock a defence with an incisive pass, score from outside the box. We severely lacked ingenuity and quality in the final third. Lookman has his qualities (although he has faded badly in the last 3 months), but neither he nor anyone else in the squad offered what Cairney does. I hope he regains full fitness as he could be a key player again next season. I'd like to see more of Carvalho and whether he has something to offer.