watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's be honest

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 08, 2021, 09:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

At the beginning of the season, 99% of us thought we'd be relegated....yes, we had the odd glimmer of hope - but, deep down we all knew....

So, would removing Mr Parker from his position be a crazy move - he now knows the player's, he now knows our weaknesses, and more importantly he knows the parameters the club has on signings...... There seems to be doubt over the Mitro relationship, where/who is going to pay him the same dough, and he'll be a different player in front of the Fulham faithful...... To get a new manager now.....is it truly the right thing

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 08, 2021, 09:15:27 AM
At the beginning of the season, 99% of us thought we'd be relegated....

I agree with the rest of your post but I'm not sure you're right about this. I seem to remember a majority of posters on this forum predicting 17th or above, even before the arrival of Andersen, Tosin and the rest.  Some even predicted mid-table. With Ream still at CB in the Premier League,  :005:!

After the reinforcements arrived I think most FFC supporters expected 17th or better. Personally I thought we could do it, if only by the slightest of margins.

Unfortunately our recruitment team failed to strengthen our attack (in the January window too) and most of the new players arrived far too late so the damage was already done. We started the season weeks after everyone else.

Parker must take part of the blame of course but poor recruitment and the lack of any long term strategy is the main reason we're relegated IMO.

Mr White

Do you really like Parker's style of football?
    He was a bore in chump ship and he's a bore in the PL ,
    Way to negative in my book , coming up was fluke.

Lambo

Quote from: Mr White on May 08, 2021, 09:39:26 AM

+ 1  0001.jpeg

H4usuallysitting

Not sure where I've mentioned Mr Parker's style of play.....what I'm saying is - would it be wise to remove him?

Mr White

I'm asking you if you like Parker's style? Didn't say you mentioned his style.
    I'm saying not impressed with him in chumps or PL. I sooner see him gone.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 08, 2021, 11:56:33 AM

Not sure where I've mentioned Mr Parker's style of play.....what I'm saying is - would it be wise to remove him?

Yes it would be wise

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Mr White on May 08, 2021, 12:29:38 PM

I'm asking you if you like Parker's style? Didn't say you mentioned his style.
    I'm saying not impressed with him in chumps or PL. I sooner see him gone.

Not sure about his style of football.....I think he's quite raw as a manager, and still learning his trade - but, also not sure getting new blood in will help.....
Our current set up at club level, recruitment, funding, club identity - he understands the parameters.....in the PL, we were under the cosh for the first 10 games or so, he stuck with it....... I'm hoping he has a vision for the long-term future of the club..... I'm hoping TK, finally understands he can't do the job part time (if at all)......
I look back at Felix Magaff (he'd won just about everything), but the club parameters couldn't or wouldn't help him.....
So, I'm slowly coming to the realisation that we currently need to keep Mr Parker - but change the parameters the club has in place.

SuffolkWhite

I'm concerned how SP intergrates the loan players coming back in, Johansen has done a quality job at the Hahaha's for example and may not want to play for him, the same could be said for Mitro!!!! Squad harmony is a worry. And attacking tactics are needed in games which has not happened in games we needed to win this season.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Whitestone

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 08, 2021, 03:26:29 PM
I'm concerned how SP intergrates the loan players coming back in, Johansen has done a quality job at the Hahaha's for example and may not want to play for him, the same could be said for Mitro!!!! Squad harmony is a worry. And attacking tactics are needed in games which has not happened in games we needed to win this season.

None of the players out on loan were regulars in the Championship last season so there's no reason that they would be next season. The priority is to bring in new players to help those players from this year who will be around next season. Any of the loan players that are reinstated will be nothing more than squad players.

WindyCity

At the beginning of the season, 99% of us thought we'd be relegated....yes, we had the odd glimmer of hope - but, deep down we all knew....

Naw, can't buy that.  Put me in the 1% club........

ALG01

Should we change parker was the question?
unless you can guarantee a real red hot for sure winner at this level, and other than slav I do not think there is, then changing parker will make not the slightest difference to our prospects.
any manager will be stuffed by the lack of a properly assembled squad in good time for the season.
when we had tiganan we won 9 out of the first 10 games if I remember correctly losing only to stoke managed by moyes and they were clearly a taste of what he had to offer. the team was ready on day one with some classy imaginative signings.

as it is with our set up we get a bunch of very similar lightweight midfielder come wingers way too late and then add a few loans way tooi late.

The manager is a bit of an after thought.

It is my belief that with the right squad, Parker wiuld walk the division. i think he is a very good manager, a bit too cautious for my oliking but I am certain he can go on to do great things. I would keep him and hope the real culprit moves aside and does not dictate  transfers or anything to do with playing matters.

Jules

Quote from: WindyCity on May 08, 2021, 05:33:47 PM

I didn't think we would be relegated either. And with our squad Vs others in the bottom 6 and the opportunities we have had this season to climb out of the bottom 3, we could and should have finished 17th. As it stands now, I think WBA will overtake us and we will finish 19th.

perry geyton

99% your way off there
I'd say more like 65%

Jim©

I said from day one that I'd take being in with a chance of staying up going into last few games.
Literally no results have gone our way the last month. Turning point for me was the last 12 minutes at villa.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Jules on May 08, 2021, 06:05:36 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on May 08, 2021, 05:33:47 PM

I didn't think we would be relegated either. And with our squad Vs others in the bottom 6 and the opportunities we have had this season to climb out of the bottom 3, we could and should have finished 17th. As it stands now, I think WBA will overtake us and we will finish 19th.

At the beginning of the season - we didn't have a premier league team, hence bringing in a load of player's.....even Paddy Power were paying out for our relegation

roberto w6

I thought we would probably go down at the beginning of the season but when the loan players settled in from late November, I became convinced we'd stay up until this recent run of games.
As for Parker, I didn't like his style of play in the Championship or the PL. Somehow it was more understandable in the PL as, despite us getting carried away about the quality of our players, the sad truth was that, apart from 2 or 3 players, we were way behind in terms of talent so defensive play became inevitable.
I don't think you can blame SP for the lack of control, giving the ball away and totally predictable passing of practically the whole team. That said, he could have been more positive and I suspect we would have won more games, lost more but still probably have gone down.
I like Scott Parker as a man. I feel he has integrity and is fully committed. But I feel it is time for us to part company for one main reason: I've seen nothing from him to suggest that we will see anything different in the future. If we were going down but could see that it was a near-miss and the fundamentals for future success had been established, I'd think differently.
We may regret this decision as there are a lot worse managers out there than better ones and if we don't get the right replacement things could get worse. We need a big name (either at Dof F or Manager) to attract players of a higher calibre

blingo

He will lose the dressing room asa we are officially relegated. The loanees will ALL disappear and the players he has shunned for whatever reason won't want to play for us anymore as long as he is our manager. He has at no time addressed our real problems, No attacking midfielders and insistence on playing a loanee wannabe has been and another player who has all the best intentions in the world but can't cut it in the prem. So what will be left Odoi, Hector (whos been on 11 loan outs? Knock knock? Johansen? Who is going to WANT to play for Parker? Our strikers have either not been played, subbed on or off late in the game so we can try and hold on to a lead for the last twenty minutes of a match, sit back and soak it all up. NO TEAM can cope with that. Our squad was good enough, if they had been played to their strengths, but they were not.
The task ahead of us will not repeat NOT be easy in the Championship. It is the hardest league to get out of.
For Blingo it's Parker out all the way

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: blingo on May 09, 2021, 09:56:03 AM
He will lose the dressing room asa we are officially relegated. The loanees will ALL disappear and the players he has shunned for whatever reason won't want to play for us anymore as long as he is our manager. He has at no time addressed our real problems, No attacking midfielders and insistence on playing a loanee wannabe has been and another player who has all the best intentions in the world but can't cut it in the prem. So what will be left Odoi, Hector (whos been on 11 loan outs? Knock knock? Johansen? Who is going to WANT to play for Parker? Our strikers have either not been played, subbed on or off late in the game so we can try and hold on to a lead for the last twenty minutes of a match, sit back and soak it all up. NO TEAM can cope with that. Our squad was good enough, if they had been played to their strengths, but they were not.
The task ahead of us will not repeat NOT be easy in the Championship. It is the hardest league to get out of.

I'm not so sure.....the player's know the parameters that Mr Parker has to deal with.....I understand that in the past a couple of player's went directly to TK to get contract extensions - for me it's the way the club is set up, rather than a Mr Parker problem......

MJG

Quote from: blingo on May 09, 2021, 09:56:03 AM

here are all the players(1st team) who are contracted into next season. There are 3 with options to extend(Two GKs and Christie).

All the ones in yellow are players Parker has dropped or been away from club. If you were one of those 12 and he now says right back to it and help us get up again.....are you really going to work that hard for him? Yes they are under contract and will try their best...but does not bode well really.

Just the views of a long term fan