more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Simply put, I blame the Head Coach for our certain relegation

Started by bill taylors apprentice, May 07, 2021, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Nero on May 08, 2021, 12:41:03 PM
I blame Scott Parker for the stagnant football that we have watched all season not get the ball to the player on the move, we could have any other teams forward line but if your given the players the ball stood still and allowing the opposition to get 6 men behind the ball you're going to find it hard to score, that's why Parker needs to go, it was summed up last week when we need to score and Tosin was fouled he got up started running towards the box for the free kick and what happens a quick free kick is taken and what way did the ball go backwards, a game we needed to get something out of and the players haven't a clue about attacking just bloody possession that we do nothing with, ooh a training video of players shooting in an empty penalty box when did that last happen under parker never becasue of his style of play the opposition are all back

I've never been as bored watching Fulham play as I have watching us play under Parker

Matt10

Much like anything we've had to take the good with the bad. Cav was terrible in front of goal, but he was also responsible in salvaging crucial points for us against Leicester, Spurs and West Brom. His movement off the ball allowed him to get into those positions, and it's just unfortunate that he lacked consistency.

In terms of consistency, I think the real issue with Parker was not having a backup player to replace Cairney. We relied on his play to serve as a catalyst to goals last season. I posted a video of Joe Bryan's assists last season, and almost all of them involved TC in the build up.

After TC, of course, the way Parker has managed Mitro has been quite poor. Mitro has been the sacrifice for Parker's opponent bending tactics. He went from scoring against Villa to next playing 90 minutes vs Wolves, and only 9 minutes against Chelsea. it's completely inconsistent. Any striker of his caliber needs confidence. You keep sending him up. Parker didn't, and in the long run, it cost us.

clarkey

How could Parker keep picking him. The non scoring striker. Waste of space. RLC a disaster, Grandad's right.

Also Parker is basically not very bright. Compare him to any of the other Prem managers. He is nice enough but just not up to scratch.

WindyCity

Luka

We are only one player short and that's a striker, and we have been in that position since last summer.
If we had still been short of talent in multiple areas I'd give him a break but we have not been for the majority of the season.
Poor substitutions that came to late, negative tactics when 3 points were in reach and what seems blind faith in the wrong players puts responsibility for this seasons failure firmly at Parkers door.

SouthIslandWhite

We never had any serious offensive threat all season long. None. Many were involved in making that possible, not just the Head Coach.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Woolly Mammoth

GOALS ⚽️ Win matches and this season we did not stand a chance with the forward players that were made available by the club, so why is anyone surprised, what did you expect. GOALS change games, and to score goals you need strikers and playmakers and creators and Fulham had very little of either.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 09, 2021, 07:14:38 PM
GOALS ⚽️ Win matches and this season we did not stand a chance with the forward players that were made available by the club, so why is anyone surprised, what did you expect. GOALS change games, and to score goals you need strikers and playmakers and creators and Fulham had very little of either.

Agree Wooley

rebel

Floyd Ayite always tried to create goal scoring opportunities.

It isn't a personnel issue, I go back to the Everton performance. The motivation talk after the Everton match should be simple, 'that is the standard I expect'. Then we went on a mini unbeaten run. It's been 'dire' since Leeds, just before the international break. I do believe it can be picked up again, but Parker needs to keep it simple, tell the players to 'go out and play'. Too much micro managing of matches.       

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on May 10, 2021, 08:52:40 AM

Floyd Ayite always tried to create goalscoring opportunities. 

Funny that.  I always rated him better than Kebano.  Definitely had an eye for goal

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 10, 2021, 08:55:25 AM
Quote from: rebel on May 10, 2021, 08:52:40 AM

Floyd Ayite always tried to create goalscoring opportunities. 

Funny that.  I always rated him better than Kebano.  Definitely had an eye for goal

Always tried to pass the ball forwards. Great goal against Villa.

Luka

You say no goals yet we have been in good positions on a number of occasions going into the last 15 only to watch us sit back play very deep and then concede.
Sorry, but bringing on late defensive substitutes and then conceding has nothing to do with a lack of strikers.
Thats the Parker tactic and it has cost us big time !

toshes mate

Every person on our planet lives their life in real time.  There is no time clock that can be turned back to the moment just before an incorrect decision or action occurred, and if we had such capability a moment's thought would demonstrate the chaos that would ensue were we able to do so.   In normal lives mistakes are punished, and the punishment is, we hope, fitted to the 'crime'. 

Decisions made, rightly or wrongly, are cumulative in their effect.   A series of correct decisions should lead to signs of increasing success, and a series of incorrect decisions should become obvious via signs of increasing or repeating failure.  But sometimes a decision does not immediately offer evidence of its future veracity.   A new car may be fine until it breaks down; a bad apple may be replaced by a concerned vendor with two or more good apples.   Real time offers us many choices to observe human nature at work and inspire us not always to jerk a knee.   We tend to reason that everyone deserves another chance when mistakes are made unless the mistake is so costly to allow it to go unpunished would likely result in disaster.  Are two promotions and two immediate relegations to be taken seriously or not?   Is the cumulative effect to be taken lightly?

TK has gone unpunished for five years.   It is time to stop making excuses for him and dispense with his services.   Once that is sorted I'd leave it to his replacement to determine SP's fate.   

toshes mate

Quote from: Luka on May 10, 2021, 09:44:14 AM

You say no goals yet we have been in good positions on a number of occasions going into the last 15 only to watch us sit back play very deep and then concede.
Sorry but bringing on late defensive substitutes and then conceding has nothing to do with a lack of strikers.
Thats the Parker tactic and it has cost us big time !

For sure Parker's fear of failure rules over his ability to know a good risk when it is on offer.

Lordedmundo

Of course there is accountability from TK and the players as well as Parker.

But the bottom line is what goes on during those 90+ minutes. In too many games this season, I have seen negative tactics, too many passes backwards and a complete lack of cohesion from the front players. This is the players taking instruction and following tactics employed by Parker after training sessions and preparations orchestrated by him.

Regardless of the quality (or lack) of strikers - we should have performed better in many of the games. Our home performances in particular have been disgraceful.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Lordedmundo on May 10, 2021, 11:42:34 AM
Of course there is accountability from TK and the players as well as Parker.

But the bottom line is what goes on during those 90+ minutes. In too many games this season, I have seen negative tactics, too many passes backwards and a complete lack of cohesion from the front players. This is the players taking instruction and following tactics employed by Parker after training sessions and preparations orchestrated by him.

Regardless of the quality (or lack) of strikers - we should have performed better in many of the games. Our home performances in particular have been disgraceful.

I remember a time when I used to be enthralled watching Fulham games.  Riveted.

Now I find myself after 5 minutes jumping on my phone and browsing social media, coming on here etc with the game on in the background.

That's a reflection on the low quality of football on offer, and the dreadful tactics being employed.  Couple this with the questionable team selection and seemingly random substitutions, and it's a wonder why I ruin my sleep cycle to watch Fulham at all.

Yet, when 5am rolls around here I'll be watching.  Eugh.  Just to see Burnley roll us 3-0

LittleErn

Just watched two videos on the offal. First was the under 18s beating Norwich. The composure of those young lads in front of goal was SUCH a contrast to our first eleven and highlighted what we have been missing all season. I know the quality of defenders is much better (and quicker) at senior level but the contrast was telling. The other was the video of the training this week. It struck me that most of the time on screen was taken up with an exercise in keeping the ball. No doubt they did other things, but it shows where SP's priority lies.