watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mini unbeaten run

Started by rebel, May 11, 2021, 09:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

We were more then good enough, that 'unbeaten run' was top 8 form. So where did it go wrong?

FFC In Oz

Couldn't turn draws in to wins.

Parker not having enough faith during that run to back the team to play a bit more attacking - especially Brighton & Southampton at home.

Can't score goals consistently, especially at home.

There's a start.

Mr White

If half of those draws were wins we would still be in the PL

colinwhite

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 11, 2021, 09:03:38 AM
Couldn't turn draws in to wins.

Parker not having enough faith during that run to back the team to play a bit more attacking - especially Brighton & Southampton at home.

Can't score goals consistently, especially at home.

Or it could just be that our attacking players were not good enough. We created chances but we didnt score goals.

There's a start.

filham

I keep saying the same thing on different threads, we havn't got attacking players of premiership quality and therefore cannot score goals.

H4usuallysitting

toshes mate

Our most effective part of last night was between 20-25 minutes of attack where our opponents were able to soak up most of our pressure because we mastered the art of possession without actually threatening very much apart from Anguissa's woodwork shot.  Had that tempo persisted for ninety minutes but the outcome had proved the same then I'd say we put up a pretty good fight.  As it was it is Parker's inability to do the basics correctly, primarily select the right eleven from the start, to get a job done.  He has a one track mind and his football is like what happens when you get to the end of a gramaphone record and don't remove the needle.

Lordedmundo

Negative tactics. Lack of cohesion in attacking positions (bad coaching/not enought focus on this aspect in training). Poor in-game management

rebel

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 11, 2021, 09:54:49 AM
We weren't good enough

I disagree, we conceded 2 goals in 7 matches, then conceded 12 in 7 matches.

Parker tried to convert Cav into a striker, what was all that about?

Take last night, we did nothing in the first half (abysmal), second half we were on the front foot. 

rebel

Quote from: toshes mate on May 11, 2021, 10:03:22 AM
Our most effective part of last night was between 20-25 minutes of attack where our opponents were able to soak up most of our pressure because we mastered the art of possession without actually threatening very much apart from Anguissa's woodwork shot.  Had that tempo persisted for ninety minutes but the outcome had proved the same then I'd say we put up a pretty good fight.  As it was it is Parker's inability to do the basics correctly, primarily select the right eleven from the start, to get a job done.  He has a one track mind and his football is like what happens when you get to the end of a gramaphone record and don't remove the needle.

Agree 100%. Last night we should have been on the front foot from the start.

SP

With Man Utd playing every 2 or 3 days, how ironic if we can win there & add to our collection of decent away victories?

SuffolkWhite

Not enough attacking intent in the games where victory was really needed. Also not playing Mitro and Maja up front together hardly gave them a chance or see if they could work!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HobGoblin

Quote from: toshes mate on May 11, 2021, 10:03:22 AM

That made me chuckle, the last line sums it up perfectly with side to side footie.

Sgt Fulham

Plenty of lower and mid table teams go on hot runs of form. We weren't good enough over the season, no other way about it.