watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This Time Last Year - Basel Away

Started by White Noise, December 16, 2010, 07:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Great game and the start of the feeling that maybe we could do something in this competition.

What are your memories of it - particularly if you were there?

WhiteJC

it was cold, not as cold as Juve, but still cold...

but what a night, only to be surpassed by the 4-1 (I couldn't make the home tie against Hamburg)

SmithyFFC

Remember finding a half decent stream and when Bobby scored the second thinking it was a replay of the first!
FTID

Lighthouse

But all this was last year. I know these were great times.

But there is  too much wallowing in too many threads about the Europa Cup.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

simplyfulham

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 16, 2010, 07:43:19 PM
But all this was last year. I know these were great times.

But there is  too much wallowing in too many threads about the Europa Cup.

We can either wallow in happy memories or wallow in our current plight... I know which I'd prefer!

VicHalomsLovechild

Dragging Suffolk White and little Suffolk White onto the wrong train and ending up in Lusanne. We made it back in time to enjoy the snow, Christmas market and the game.  :doh:

JBH

Standing in the Christmas Market drinking Mulled Wine watching the snow fall

Having a few pricey Beers in the Irish Pub prior to the game

Catching the Tram to the ground and having a few more beers in the food hall of the shopping centre

Watching the mighty Whites pull of a must win Victory and celebrating like there was nothing else in the world that matered.

Being amazed how quickly the trams cleared everyone back to the city.

Drinking more booze until 2 am and waking up the next day wondering if it was all a dream

Watching the draw in the Irish Pub on friday and being Piss*d that we had drawn Shaktar

Then getting to the airport only to find out that the flight had been cancelled, arranged a BA flight to London Docklands from Zurich.

Spending the night in the airport at Zurich only to have our flight delayed yet again

Finally getting back to London but being too late and too knackered to getr to the Man U game.

Got into the car after a train journey to Gatwick swithching on the Radio just  as the 2nd goal went in at the Cottage

Thinking to myself was it all worth it and saying out loud Of Course it was only to get a strange look from the missus who herself had endured the same rollercoaster of emotions over 3 days in Basel.

I wish we we were doing it all again this year, but my bank balance is glad we are not.  :beer:

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on December 16, 2010, 08:04:44 PM
Dragging Suffolk White and little Suffolk White onto the wrong train and ending up in Lusanne. We made it back in time to enjoy the snow, Christmas market and the game.  :doh:

Hahahahahaha

Vic made up for it by driving to Hamburg there and back the good man he is.

The game was amazing as it was an away win and not with the full first 11 either.
The Christmas Market the snow and the bizarre spectacle of meeting Fulham fans all over a foreign city was special.

The other thing that happened was 3 drunken Fulham fans coming in to the shared YMCA room early hours, then ending up sitting next to one of them on the flight back from Zurich. I enlightened my new found friend of tales of how they took their clothes off before getting in to bed! Hahahahahaha.

Yep good memories 

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

CULTUREVULTURE

Riding the number 50 bus from the airport to the railway station in the snow. Felt like something out of a movie!!

Drinking mulled wine in the Christmas Market (at least two mugs).

Walking along the Rhine.

Spending ages trying to find the Tingele Fountain.

Riding the tram out to the stadium.

Watching the match through a net!

The tension as we approached 90 minutes.

Rushing out of the stadium and catching the first tram back to Aschenplatz.

Lying in bed at the Formule 1 hotel at the airport and replaying the whole game before finall falling asleep.

Getting to airpoort and realising that it was a result that changed our club forever.

Burt

FC Silver Fox

Having a great meal with American Mike and Miss Witch 2 when they stayed overnight before the game. Driving up together through a snow-covered Burgundy in the Blahiwi'car. Using Mikey's GPS to find the hotel and the Irish pub. A quick beer before catching the bus to the ground.  A delirious win with some magic goals. Walking all the way back to the pub and singing "Oh, Bobby Zamora" while thawing out over a couple of beers. Going for a ruby in the convenient Indian just opposite the pub.  A great day.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

RidgeRider

For me, it was the best football I can remember us playing. Not boring but wonderful to watch football. As has been said, it was the match that convinced me we could beat anyone in the world on our day.

Now, I worry about regulation but at least our manager has us playing attacking football.  :hook:

Travers Barney

Never seen so many drunken FFC fans (all behaving impeccably I might add) as those who boarded the Thursday night flight out of Basel Mulhouse Airport...got back to Blighty and snowing here......my brother who is a Norwich City fan but has great affection for us was on the trip and couldn't get a flight back until the Monday....cost him a fortune.

Happy days

We are the whites
We are the whites

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 17, 2010, 10:51:09 AM
Having a great meal with American Mike and Miss Witch 2 when they stayed overnight before the game. Driving up together through a snow-covered Burgundy in the Blahiwi'car. Using Mikey's GPS to find the hotel and the Irish pub. A quick beer before catching the bus to the ground.  A delirious win with some magic goals. Walking all the way back to the pub and singing "Oh, Bobby Zamora" while thawing out over a couple of beers. Going for a ruby in the convenient Indian just opposite the pub.  A great day.
You forgot to mention watching Mikey throw his guts up or did you miss that and i've just bubbled him up  :011: