Bring in Stevie Gerrard

Started by blingo, May 12, 2021, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

with Roy as DoF and get rid of TK and SP

colinwhite

Quote from: blingo on May 12, 2021, 10:35:51 AM
with Roy as DoF and get rid of TK and SP

for once Blingo that is half decent suggestion, but couldnt see it happening unfortunately !

The Cravenette

I like this too but it won't happen.

H4usuallysitting

I agree with getting Mr Roy in....he could do a better job, sitting at home in his armchair, while learning Japanese.....hold on, doesn't he already speak Japanese

deadcowboys

Don't remember Gerrard doing much to support Roy when he was manager there.

blingo

Quote from: deadcowboys on May 12, 2021, 11:23:47 AM
Don't remember Gerrard doing much to support Roy when he was manager there.

Were you there?

FFC In Oz

Do you really think he'd leave Rangers for us?

blingo

FFC In Oz

Quote from: blingo on May 12, 2021, 01:47:32 PM
Why not?

Probably because they'll be in the Champions League whilst we'll be in the Championship...

I think it's a great shout just not sure he'd give up continental football for us right now.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: blingo on May 12, 2021, 01:47:32 PM
Why not?

Because if he leaves Rangers it will be to go to a Premier League club.  There is absolutely no reason for him to take (what he would feel to be) a backward step at this stage of his managerial career.

H4usuallysitting

FFC In Oz

The Rock

Isn't Danny Murphy better?

No idea if he'd ever move from pundit to coaching, but I have always thought he's been sharp and sensible.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: The Rock on May 12, 2021, 02:14:09 PM

No idea if he'd ever move from pundit to coaching, but I have always thought he's been sharp and sensible.

I don't mind that idea. 

I think he'd need an experienced #2 to give him some guidance - whether that be Stuart Gray or someone like Ray Lewington

SP

Quote from: The Rock on May 12, 2021, 02:14:09 PM

For a player who's nickname at the training ground was 'Coach Murphy' I'm really surprised he's choosing the comfort of the TV studio.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

He will be at rangers until klopp leave Liverpool, then he'll take over the post.

Jules

Not a chance of this happening. As others have said he would see it as a backward step. He will one day manage Liverpool, and for now he is at a massive club (supporters wise) in the champions league next season.

MartyFFC

Any experience gained in the SPL is next to worthless; it's essentially 2 championship teams playing against league 2 sides week-in week-out. We need someone with experience at a competitive level

Twig

No chance whatsoever. Plus, Roy was undermined by the players at Liverpool and SG was a senior member of that squad.

blingo

I have never thought there would be a chance Gentlemen, I simply thought it would be a nice thought to see two professionals at FFC.