Main Menu

Press Conference: Scott Parker Pre-Southampton

Started by WhiteJC, May 13, 2021, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Blawarmy

Massive dig at TK?  (2.37)

grandad

His finger was pointed in one direction. Are you listening TK.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Matt10

Imagine if he could have completed the job he was tasked to do. We'd stay in the premier league, and we could then sign those loanees on permanent deals. Thus, building that culture he's after.

SuffolkWhite

I have to say I like Parker and he speaks well, if he is with us next season he will get my support and if not, so be it.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Sting of the North

Quote from: Matt10 on May 13, 2021, 06:48:42 PM
Imagine if he could have completed the job he was tasked to do. We'd stay in the premier league, and we could then sign those loanees on permanent deals. Thus, building that culture he's after.

:plus one:

davew

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 13, 2021, 07:13:41 PM
I have to say I like Parker and he speaks well, if he is with us next season he will get my support and if not, so be it.
I love hearing him as well, like a broken record,, same cracks in the same places, he needs to move on! No doubt 1 day he will make the grade but not at Fulham, working with the Khan circus would drive me mad as well!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SG

Quote from: davew on May 13, 2021, 07:37:45 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 13, 2021, 07:13:41 PM
I love hearing him as well, like a broken record,, same cracks in the same places, he needs to move on! No doubt 1 day he will make the grade but not at Fulham, working with the Khan circus would drive me mad as well!
Trouble is working with TK would drive any reasonable manager mad

Fulham1959

I think we should stick with him.  But there needs to be a clear philosophy within the club, clear targets and a clear strategy which everyone buys into.

blingo

ALG01

The two interviews I have heard with parker post Burnley speak volumes.
He doesn't name names and neither would we expect him too but it is clear what he was saying.

I recall in November/December he talked about the need for additions in january and he said, in what thought then seemed like a frustrated manner, that everyone knew where we needed to strengenthen and yet we failed so to do in january.

My view is well known and people that do not like my message are fairly hostile toward me and say I am broken record. The only thing is I repeat the message because that is all i can do. Things should be so much better with all that resource and financial security we currently enjoy.

In the sports media at large our upper management has come in for serious bashing for all the reasons I repeat. surely the owner will do something about it.

Normally i always blame the manager when I don't like the tactics, my dad and I argued about why we lost so many games and it was usually IMO the poor manager, and we can all list them from the past. I used Mr adams and super mac as examples of how a man can take a good bunch of players and transform them.

With Parker my instinct is that he could be a top top manager but is being thwarted. I think the so called parker ball is his way of getting the team to play to paper of the cracks. that system made us competitive. If he had a proper squad we would soon find out.

But the interview, once agian, spoke volumes but i think showed he desparately wants to stay and make things better.

S.F.Sorrow

At least it shows us that the club isn't censored by the Khans as I have a feeling TK won't be happy with this interview being posted on the official website (if he even notices between his dealings with the men in tights).

On another note, I find it absolutely shocking that a football club at this level still can't record an interview with acceptable audio quality. I honestly don't understand how it's even possible to make such a poor recording with the equipment available (for cheap!) in 2021. Any kid with an iPhone or a laptop + a £30 podcast mic could do this CONSIDERABLY better.