watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by We Are Premier League, May 17, 2021, 11:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Nooooooo! Arsenal and Newcastle apparently in for Tosin already...and he allegedly has a resonable buy-out clause in the contract...

Really hope this is just papertalk

:012: :031: :dft004: :Get Coat gif:

Dougie

This is terrible news - a buy-out clause isn't even a release clause where we get £10m+ or whatever for the buying club. It means he can pay some money to us to walk away as a free agent and sign for someone else for nothing.

This seems a bit typical of the club at the moment, where a good deal has a punishing kicker. Similar to last season when we had these loan-to-buys that Tony was touting as mitigating the risk of investment; failing to mention that they all had obligations to buy if they reached a certain number of appearances in the season. That's how we were landed with Knockaert, and we'd probably have been forced to buy Arter if he hadn't missed games through injury.

Tabby

Quote from: Dougie on May 17, 2021, 11:38:18 AM
This is terrible news - a buy-out clause isn't even a release clause where we get £10m+ or whatever for the buying club. It means he can pay some money to us to walk away as a free agent and sign for someone else for nothing.

That is the way that release clauses work in Spain. Usually the buying club pays the player to buy out his own contract.

It all depends on the fee in the contract. Neymar cost £200 million and he had a buyout clause.

Bassey the warrior

Lots of clubs will be looking at him. Hopefully they are priced out of a move and he doesn't rock the boat.

Given we paid £15m for Mawson I'd want double that for him but we'd never get that price.

Twig

Can someone explain please, what is a; responsible buy-out clause?

The Old Count

HV71

Quote from: The Old Count on May 17, 2021, 02:31:18 PM
Tosin off?

Naughty! Very good
There are enough w*^>ers at the club but he isn't one of them

LC

If he has a low buy out clause then it's a complete failure.

Blawarmy

It's ok, Tony will loan in an injury prone replacement when the window closes. 

Baszab

Get ready for all the relegation clauses on everyone's contracts

That's the one clause TK won't have mucked up - he'll be telling his Dad how he has reduced the wage bill for next year and everyone will be delighted

He must be licking his lips at all the resale values - Tete will be next....he's a Dutch international for goodness sake - won't want to be playing at Luton and Peterborough will he ?

filham

We are not very good at contracts/transfers are we.

blingo

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 17, 2021, 05:15:52 PM

One that's kneedead

LC

The player had never played a full season in the PL before we gave him the chance, he should stay with us. If we let him go for less than £15-20m it will be embarrassing. If we can't keep the core of this team (Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Robinson, Reed) then we will probably finish mid-table next season. Failure of management of this is what happens.

You can't chop and change the team and expect success, anyone in football knows that, and if we haven't learned that by now then it will be a very very tough uphill battle.

Craven Mad

Considering how cheap he was, even if we do lose him, you couldn't say it was bad business...

Clearly hope he stays though - captain material for us, I reckon

Whitesideup

We need to keep players of premier league standard, and Tosin is one of the few. It will be doubly difficult to challenge if we lose players like him. We will already have to replace Andersen and there's no way we can rely on Kongolo, and even if fit, Mawson does not look good enough. Hector may be good enough in the Championship, but will need to improve for the Premier.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I could be wrong but I thought that Man City had put a 20% sell on clause for Tosin which partly explains the low fee.

bog

Twig

Quote from: Twig on May 17, 2021, 01:13:37 PM
Can someone explain please, what is a; responsible buy-out clause?

Ah, I think I've just twigged it.  Responsible is an autocorrect of relegation?

TC's Sporran

listening to the radio last match tosin had a poor game

We Are Premier League

Quote from: blingo on May 17, 2021, 06:51:24 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on May 17, 2021, 05:15:52 PM

One that's kneedead
064.gif