watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How en earth

Started by blingo, May 17, 2021, 11:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Did we think we would stay up spending 10 million?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: blingo on May 17, 2021, 11:40:07 AM
Did we think we would stay up spending 10 million?

I am pretty sure that Tony Khan (and Shahid Khan) always thought that it was unlikely we will stay up spending 10 million or any amount allowed by FFP.

ALG01

we hear so many diffent things about what the hopes and the plans of the Khan's are from people on this board and elsewhwere.
What we do know is that we have wasted two massive opportunities, especially in 2018 when we went up with Slav, spent a fortune on all the wrong players and as a result paid the price, then and apparently, if I understand correctly, and I may well not, the effect of that stopped us this season.

I have to be honest, I like Mr Khan snr and I feel sure his heart is in the right place. What i cannot understand why he does not manage the team in a more proffesional manner.

what we do need is a coherent plan going forward and we need to know ASAP whether the owners intend to keep scott or replace him.
Whatever else we must be sure that whoever is in charge of running the club next season has as long as possible to prepare.
And also the issue of DoF remains a poroblem. Across the majority of the fan base and everything I hear in the meadia, he is not trusted to deliver results. If he is going or moving on, do it now, better than waiting until september and the current situation remains.

I do think the owner needs to be a little more transparent as to whether he is trying to make us a stable top flight club or whether he is ahappy for us to meander in this frustrating manner.

blingo

His words were that we had to be self sufficient

ALG01

Quote from: blingo on May 17, 2021, 01:03:04 PM
His words were that we had to be self sufficient

He did and they all say that but he said loads of other stuff too.
What we are doing and self sufficency do not entirely sit well together. Our inclome stream, even with the new stand will not be enough unless we really crack on OR reign in the operation. as we are self sufficiency IMO is extreme;y unlikely. And, like all supporters I would have like him to say I want maximum success on the pitch, Manchester United of the south and all that, even though that is just as unlikely.

toshes mate

If Fulham Pier becomes a success story then it may begin to raise income above the amounts originally envisaged especially if it could become a place for the younger, richer, and arty types to do their thing and that will help towards sustainability of 'the Pier' depending on the overheads involved but what if the Club descends further down the pyramid rather than up.  Can football be sustained at a Club located in one of the wealthier parts of London in a fairly empty ground and be successful once again when FFP dictates your every move?

I think before they do anything else the Khans need to debate how they are going to sustain FFC in no man's land next season and commit to an assault on automatic promotion.  If they and Parker think it's going to be easy then woe betide them.

Burt

Well we spent £100m last time we were promoted and that didn't quite work out either  :dft011: