https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan @ the beginning & also @ the end

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, May 18, 2021, 08:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: Nero on May 18, 2021, 09:56:22 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 18, 2021, 09:41:21 PM
I am very pleased for Joe and all the players that took part tonight and for Scott Parker. Amazing when you think about it that Fulham this season have won at Liverpool, Everton and Leicester, and drew at Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal, yet we still go down. 

So perhaps our squad is good enough and TK is a great DoF and it just the manager has got his tactics wrong against the teams at the bottom being too frighten to lose  086.gif

That's exactly it. Parker tried to turn Cav into a striker, he kept playing him there, even though it wasn't working. It's the stubbornness to continue, the players around him can see it. It puts pressure on the rest of the team. But bad decisions at key moments cost us dearly this season. Over a 7 match period this season, we were second to Man City, things happened which lost us momentum. 

YoungsBitter

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 18, 2021, 09:50:00 PM
Lets be clear, Bryan is not PL quality at defending and unlikely to improve enough to ever be so.

But he does stand out among all our squad in getting in the right attacking positions, delivering quality crosses, can spot a pass in and around the oppositions box and his finishing is as good as anyone's.

Considering how we have struggled to create good chances and how other players have been asked to play in unusual positions, it was a big mistake not to try and utilise him during the season.
So it begs the question why have we not played him as wing back, a position he is obviously able to excel at, all season? We have played Aina as wing back, Robinson ( who really struggles to cross), Lookman and Cav. I wonder how much pressure Parter felt to play Lookman? Even when we played Mitro up top we didnt play Jb or Tete who would be the obviously overlapping wingbacks who can cross the ball. Its classic Parker, he gets so much of it right but then these glaring errors of selection, tactics and subs. I would love to know whether there are restrictions or guidance from TK on the use of certain players like RLC or Lookman. Mind you this could be just our suspicious nature due to the universal dislike of TK, I am sure TK has not been telling Scotty to play Cav every game.
Quark, strangeness and charm