more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship Season ahead.

Started by JimmyConway, May 20, 2021, 10:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Forward planning Forward thinking!
With Sam not returning to WBA and Sheffield United likely to have a new manager in place does this change Fulham's outlook for next seasons championship campaign.
I personally don't see it and in all truth Parkers future has likely already been decided.
This is by no means a Parker out post as i side with better the devil you know currently? but within the walls of football the CEO'S have got a handle on whose available if the button was pushed and the question was asked and what other teams might fancy certain managers?

Will the other two relegated teams steal a march with their appointments if they knew Fulham were say 50-50 on Parker? Would Fulham miss the boat if they go through a few weeks process? Or would Fulham have their new man ready to step in?  Bit hypothetical perhaps but would we not be doing our due diligence?

Karlos

Any well run club would consistently be looking at what else is available out there should an opportunity arise to better the club.

That goes for all staff players and managers alike

For the record I'm not advocating constant change but making the case for us having our finger on the pulse

Baszab

As Rational people would say.........Rest assured that TK as Director of Football will already be meticulously planning the squad and tactics for next season
Hold on a minute......he's just got to take a call on the Wrestling/Jaguars/shopping at Whole Foods/next golf game/new Netflix.....be back on FFC stuff pretty damn soon

filham

I think Parker will stay for another season but if he is to go it needs to be within the next couple of week with a replacement immediately available. A team needs to be rebuilt and that , with full manager involvement, needs to start without delay.

Cornishnick

You would like to think player recruitment was an ongoing process in any well run club. They know who they want away and those who they want in. The bu99eration factor in the whole process is agents!!

For managers; not many clubs change managers on a planned basis. Most changes are reactive ones rather than proactive. I can't remember the last time a 'bigger' club made any planned changes. Then of course, managers have agents too these days who throw the whole system into chaos.

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on May 20, 2021, 10:52:43 AM
As Rational people would say.........Rest assured that TK as Director of Football will already be meticulously planning the squad and tactics for next season
Hold on a minute......he's just got to take a call on the Wrestling/Jaguars/shopping at Whole Foods/next golf game/new Netflix.....be back on FFC stuff pretty damn soon

Well perhaps about a fortnight into next season after a few weeks R&R on Daddy's yacht.

The Rational Fan

Every transfer requires the approval of Tony Khan or Shahid Khan. Every owner blocks some transfer requests and approving other requests. Changing Tony Khans title changes very little except maybe giving Shahid Khan more influence over transfers rather than Tony Khan.

If you replace the current DOF, then the next DOF won't have the authority to sign >£10m+ players without the chairman's signature. Tony Khan is the only DOF in the premier league that has that privellege and you cannot expect

I understand getting Tony Khans approval maybe hard, but getting Shahid Khans approval maybe even harder. Sacking Toby Khan as DOF may mean you get an owner that treats the next DOF the way Mike Ashley does.

JimOG

Quote from: Cornishnick on May 20, 2021, 01:32:52 PM
You would like to think player recruitment was an ongoing process in any well run club. They know who they want away and those who they want in. The bu99eration factor in the whole process is agents!!

For managers; not many clubs change managers on a planned basis. Most changes are reactive ones rather than proactive. I can't remember the last time a 'bigger' club made any planned changes. Then of course, managers have agents too these days who throw the whole system into chaos.

And, in fairness, TK's team had Plan B ready for the unlikely event of us beating Brentford. As we've been certs for relegation for a few months I would have expected a fairly comprehensive plan is already in place. Mitro's 'glute' problem is presumably a disguise for his transfer which may already be in place. And, as you astutely point out, it may be that Levy, for PR reasons as much as belief, wants SP at Spurs. It's not always our choice to hold on to managers - see Roy's departure

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 21, 2021, 07:53:58 AM

Every transfer requires the approval of Tony Khan or Shahid Khan. Every owner blocks some transfer requests and approving other requests. Changing Tony Khans title changes very little except maybe giving Shahid Khan more influence over transfers rather than Tony Khan.

If you replace the current DOF, then the next DOF won't have the authority to sign >£10m+ players without the chairman's signature. Tony Khan is the only DOF in the premier league that has that privellege and you cannot expect

I understand getting Tony Khans approval maybe hard, but getting Shahid Khans approval maybe even harder. Sacking Toby Khan as DOF may mean you get an owner that treats the next DOF the way Mike Ashley does.

Are you on a lucrative salary as the owners sons PR Officer ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 21, 2021, 07:53:58 AM
Every transfer requires the approval of Tony Khan or Shahid Khan

As a rational person might say - let's look at the whole recruitment process.  A club has a budget and recruitment is a 24/365 job - never stops but is constrained most importantly by financial reality (and FFP). 

Our head coach and recruiters (including scouts etc) talk regularly about X,Y, and Z, already knowing the parameters set for them by our owners (whoever they may be).  A player who has been mentioned in the past suddenly becomes available at the very last minute of a window.  How fast do you think the powers that be would act to make that happen?  That is how we got Mitro the only striker the Club has permanently signed whilst TK has been in charge of recruitment. 

Provided everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet in time with the tune then poor or questionably expensive signings shouldn't happen very often at all regardless of available finances.