more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthogs FC

Quote from: JEEVES on July 21, 2021, 12:17:52 PM
Just seen this from TurkishFootballNews on twitter (no idea how credible that is):

#Fenerbahce has started loan negotiations with #Fulham player #AlexandrMitrovic. Fulham requests 4 million euro for 1 year loan

Bit worrying..

I just don't know why we'd loan him out. I think it's got to be a sell or stay outcome. We can't replace someone like Mitro in the loan market. At least I don't think we can....

Statto

Mitro took a holiday in Turkey so now every third rate Turkish rumour mill will be linking him to one of Besiktas / Gala / Fenerbahce all summer

He's back in training, is settled here, the manager he fell out with is gone and the club have been plastering photos of him over social media. Not going anywhere unless someone like Palace get interested

Nick Bateman

ANDY CARROLL is on a free transfer now. Also, why did we allow all those loanees to leave? I am looking at Areola in particular, but many others Fulham can pay far higher wages than they can earn for their feeder club.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

jayffc

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 21, 2021, 01:48:48 PM
ANDY CARROLL is on a free transfer now. Also, why did we allow all those loanees to leave? I am looking at Areola in particular, but many others Fulham can pay far higher wages than they can earn for their feeder club.

Areola reportedly off to west ham last I checked too.... Pain

bencher

Andy Carroll's injury record is comparable to Mawson and Kongolo. On a pay as a you play deal, it could be interesting, but otherwise no. The loanees are all looking for top flight football, perhaps with the exception of Maja. If we could get him, I reckon Lookman could do some damage in this division though.

junior white

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2021, 01:36:19 PM
Mitro took a holiday in Turkey so now every third rate Turkish rumour mill will be linking him to one of Besiktas / Gala / Fenerbahce all summer

He's back in training, is settled here, the manager he fell out with is gone and the club have been plastering photos of him over social media. Not going anywhere unless someone like Palace get interested
Is he now settled, do we know that for sure. What worries me was the rumours he put in a transfer request at the start of last season and in December (just rumours that were on the internet, probably not true but who knows) and if he did has that request been withdrawn as seen no rumours anywhere about that. Only rumours other than the transfer request I have seen was linking him to a Turkish club, but as you say he went on holiday there.

One thing is for sure we need him firing and committed with no requests hanging around or anything like that, or we need to off load and adequately replace him.

WestSussexWhite

I've been told Mitro is going knowhere. He has had good talks with Silva and is willing to stay currently

Jules

No way should we loan Mitro out. If he wants to go, then sell him for no less than £25m. However, we should try our best to keep him.

grandad

The Blue Poo are after Betts as 3rd choice GK. He would have been better to sign a new contract with us & fight it out with Rodak for 1st choice.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MickTheBeard

Look man started well then he was hopeless,he would do us a lot of damage. Bets would get better money with the filth as 3rd goalkeeper ,we offered a lot less than his original contract to be number 2 behind Rodak .

grandad

Quote from: MickTheBeard on July 21, 2021, 03:23:29 PM
Look man started well then he was hopeless,he would do us a lot of damage. Bets would get better money with the filth as 3rd goalkeeper ,we offered a lot less than his original contract to be number 2 behind Rodak .

Betts wanted game time. He might get it with their U 23´s as an over age player. It´s not all about money. Professional pride has to come into the equation.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sunburywhite

Quote from: grandad on July 21, 2021, 04:04:42 PM

Betts wanted game time. He might get it with their U 23´s as an over age player. It´s not all about money. Professional pride has to come into the equation.

I would be the same if I was him

Not everyone wants to be a bench warmer
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

We Are Premier League

Quote from: grandad on July 21, 2021, 04:04:42 PM

Think of it this way. What is more exciting; 2nd GK in the Championship or third GK in a club that is hoping to win european titles?

WestSussexWhite

Swansea journalist just tweeted saying Grimes to Fulham is almost done....Swansea fans seem to think it's happening too...make of that what you will

jayffc

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 04:37:42 PM
Swansea journalist just tweeted saying Grimes to Fulham is almost done....Swansea fans seem to think it's happening too...make of that what you will

Would suggest a Seri sale or loan

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: jayffc on July 21, 2021, 04:59:39 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 04:37:42 PM

Would suggest a Seri sale or loan

No more likely suggesting Stef Jo is off to QPR if true

junior white

Quote from: JEEVES on July 21, 2021, 12:17:52 PM
Just seen this from TurkishFootballNews on twitter (no idea how credible that is):

#Fenerbahce has started loan negotiations with #Fulham player #AlexandrMitrovic. Fulham requests 4 million euro for 1 year loan

Bit worrying..
Hopefully they any his salary as well if this is true or if it comes to fruition

Statto

Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2021, 02:00:23 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2021, 01:36:19 PM

Is he now settled, do we know that for sure. What worries me was the rumours he put in a transfer request at the start of last season and in December (just rumours that were on the internet, probably not true but who knows) and if he did has that request been withdrawn as seen no rumours anywhere about that. Only rumours other than the transfer request I have seen was linking him to a Turkish club, but as you say he went on holiday there.

One thing is for sure we need him firing and committed with no requests hanging around or anything like that, or we need to off load and adequately replace him.

In fairness I was using "settled" in the broad sense that he's been living here with his family for several years now. Wouldn't rule out him fancying a move still but the Turkish stories just wreak of BS IMO. They coincide with him going on holiday there, say we were close to agreeing a loan fee which I find hard to believe when the PR team were making a big deal of him coming back to training, and if he's genuinely unhappy despite the managerial change (ie he just doesn't like Fulham anymore) then a loan (ie temporary deal) doesn't really seem like a good solution for any party.

cmg

ANDY CARROLL is on a free transfer now.

Andy Carroll! I'm glad people have not lost their sense of humour on here.
A 32 year old violent drunk with the body of a 45 year old and an injury record that sounds like the report on a Jumbo jet crash. One time reasonable striker who has, unfortunately for a striker, forgotten how to score goals.
On a free, but the bill for a new treatment table plus the bail money would be astronomical.

bobby01

Quote from: cmg on July 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
ANDY CARROLL is on a free transfer now.

Andy Carroll! I'm glad people have not lost their sense of humour on here.
A 32 year old violent drunk with the body of a 45 year old and an injury record that sounds like the report on a Jumbo jet crash. One time reasonable striker who has, unfortunately for a striker, forgotten how to score goals.
On a free, but the bill for a new treatment table plus the bail money would be astronomical.

That's a no then?    064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.