watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Everyone always seems to be saying we need to build a "PL ready" team before we get promoted. Personally I think that's a bit naive, any promoted club is going to need to replace half their team, but if we are indeed looking to acquire and keep PL quality players then Anguissa is definitely our best example of that. If he's getting sold to raise funds (which I accept he probably is) the reality is those funds will be used to buy Championship quality players that we then need to replace with an a new Anguissa if we get promoted.

bigalffc

Quote from: Tooting legend on July 24, 2021, 09:13:00 AM
Thought this was a transfer thread not a discussion thread. Can we just keep it to transfer rumours otherwise it gets really boring.
:plus one:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 24, 2021, 07:05:07 AM
Our loan offer for Muniz has been rejected by Flamengo

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/flamengo-reject-fulhams-muniz-loan-bid/

Was starting to get a little excited by the prospect of him coming. Hopefully we go back in

filham

Quote from: jayffc on July 23, 2021, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 23, 2021, 10:56:07 PM
I'd be really disappointed if Robinson went. I know hes like marmite on here but his pace and athleticism is exactly what we lacked previous in the championship.

If he just just cross a ball he's be gold dust!
Hopefully the new manager is going to want more crosses into the box and may therefore prefer Bryan to Robinson,.

filham

Quote from: bigalffc on July 24, 2021, 10:11:44 AM
Quote from: Tooting legend on July 24, 2021, 09:13:00 AM
Thought this was a transfer thread not a discussion thread. Can we just keep it to transfer rumours otherwise it gets really boring.
:plus one:
I am quite enjoying the discussion about possible signings and how our team could look this coming season.

Danitar

I thought Grimes would be over the line by now. Are we just waiting for Stefjo to complete his medical before we announce Grimes if anyone knows?

Whitestone

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2021, 10:07:04 AM
Everyone always seems to be saying we need to build a "PL ready" team before we get promoted. Personally I think that's a bit naive, any promoted club is going to need to replace half their team, but if we are indeed looking to acquire and keep PL quality players then Anguissa is definitely our best example of that. If he's getting sold to raise funds (which I accept he probably is) the reality is those funds will be used to buy Championship quality players that we then need to replace with an a new Anguissa if we get promoted.

Totally agree.

Caedal

Looks like the Johansen announcement is imminent judging from his twitter. That should start the ball rolling

70sPimlico

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2021, 03:42:56 AM
Quote from: millsy on July 24, 2021, 12:38:39 AM
I'm puzzled by all the concern that we might lose Frank. I'd cash in in a heartbeat. I've watched him closely and can't see that he produces anything worthwhile and appears to have no football brain. I can only assume people are smitten by his physique and his undoubted fancy skills and overlook his too many shortcomings. Just one man's opinion.sell!

Your not the only one, I agree and he does not play within the framework of the team. I have never ever seen him communicate with colleagues as you would normally expect in a team environment.
I cannot envisage him being a bundle of laughs in the dressing room either and for me he flatters to decieve on the field of play also.
You're view on his footballing ability is about as correct as your view on personality.

It's your view, and of course, like most of your views you repeat them at every opportunity a multitude of times. (This doesn't make them right, by the way)

Take a look at what his teammates say about him. You couldn't be further from the truth.

I have never ever seen him communicate with colleagues as you would normally expect in a team environment. I mean, really?

Caedal

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2021, 10:07:04 AM

Absolutely correct. I personally wouldn't sell Frank unless it's absolutely vital for ffp (which I don't think it is with the 120m premier league prize money from last season plus 50m  parachute payment.

What we should be doing is looking at younger players who have done well in the championship and even league 1 and have the potential to grow into Premier League players. There are countless examples in recent years of this strategy paying off for teams that take the chance of those kind of players.

Just to add another caveat to this, our squad must be the most expensive squad to ever play in the Championship. Automatic is an absolute necessity

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 24, 2021, 11:14:48 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2021, 03:42:56 AM
Quote from: millsy on July 24, 2021, 12:38:39 AM
I'm puzzled by all the concern that we might lose Frank. I'd cash in in a heartbeat. I've watched him closely and can't see that he produces anything worthwhile and appears to have no football brain. I can only assume people are smitten by his physique and his undoubted fancy skills and overlook his too many shortcomings. Just one man's opinion.sell!

Your not the only one, I agree and he does not play within the framework of the team. I have never ever seen him communicate with colleagues as you would normally expect in a team environment.
I cannot envisage him being a bundle of laughs in the dressing room either and for me he flatters to decieve on the field of play also.
You're view on his footballing ability is about as correct as your view on personality.

It's your view, and of course, like most of your views you repeat them at every opportunity a multitude of times. (This doesn't make them right, by the way)

Take a look at what his teammates say about him. You couldn't be further from the truth.

I have never ever seen him communicate with colleagues as you would normally expect in a team environment. I mean, really?

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong, by the way your Application to
join my fan club has been denied. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

I see the usual BIG TEAMS are embarking on madness in the transfer market. As FFP doesn´t seem to come into their thoughts Man City are after  Grealish, Kane for a combined 250 mil.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: grandad on July 24, 2021, 11:36:10 AM
I see the usual BIG TEAMS are embarking on madness in the transfer market. As FFP doesn´t seem to come into their thoughts Man City are after  Grealish, Kane for a combined 250 mil.

Well their annual revenue is something like £500m so they're probably still complying

Although I agree the system is all wrong, if that's your sentiment

The Cravenette

Quote from: filham on July 24, 2021, 10:33:14 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 23, 2021, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 23, 2021, 10:56:07 PM
I'd be really disappointed if Robinson went. I know hes like marmite on here but his pace and athleticism is exactly what we lacked previous in the championship.

If he just just cross a ball he's be gold dust!
Hopefully the new manager is going to want more crosses into the box and may therefore prefer Bryan to Robinson,.

No doubt that Joe is the better crosser by a country mile, but you cannot train pace and most defenders absolutely hate anyone running at them at speed.  I think Robinson should be able to be coached to cross better.  You can bet your life if he does move to City he will be coached on when and how to cross a ball.

Personally I think we should definitely be keeping both.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Danitar on July 24, 2021, 10:51:52 AM
I thought Grimes would be over the line by now. Are we just waiting for Stefjo to complete his medical before we announce Grimes if anyone knows?

According to Swansea journalist Grimes has tested positive for Covid

Deeping_white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 24, 2021, 12:27:02 PM

The guy who tweeted it is a fake account is it not? He's got 20 odd followers which is suspicious for a "journalist"

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 12:28:39 PM

The guy who tweeted it is a fake account is it not? He's got 20 odd followers which is suspicious for a "journalist"

I don't know tbh, never heard of him haha

filham

So that will not stop us, there is usually a good sicknote in our summer signings.

WestSussexWhite

Paolo Gazzanigga having a medical at Fulham apparently

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 24, 2021, 12:41:12 PM
Paolo Gazzanigga having a medical at Fulham apparently
First choice or back up thats the question.