more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker says Ream and Mitro to Stay?

Started by Southcoastffc, May 22, 2021, 11:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

From West London Sport

Scott Parker says Fulham plan to keep Tim Ream and Aleksandar Mitrovic as they bid to escape the Championship again. 
The Whites suffered the drop from the Premier League for the second time in three seasons long before Sunday's final game against Newcastle at Craven Cottage. 

But boss Parker has revealed he has no intention of letting USA defender Ream go anywhere, nor striker Mitrovic, who has a glute problem and misses the Magpies match. [EDIT:  In other words Mitro is being a pain in the *rse?]

Ream got his first outing since October in the heartening 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

The 33-year-old, with another season left on his contract, will be retained for the sixth year since joining from Bolton in 2015.

Parker said: "Tim's been nothing but a true professional, who deserves his opportunity, and when he got that against Man United has performed.

"Why he's performed is because of his everyday habits of being a top professional keeping himself as ready as he can be.

"Since I've been here, Tim has been vitally important. I get his disappointment this year at not playing so much, but he's someone I respect and no doubt can help us, and he's under contract."

Mitrovic has cut a forlorn figure this campaign as he failed to find the goals that won him the Championship Golden Boot in 2019-20.

But Parker is only too aware the type of job the Serbian international can do in the second tier.

Parker said: "Keeping Mitro? I see no reason why not. 

"He's got a considerable amount of time on his contract (until 2024), and I don't see why that won't be the case."

"As for me, I'm committed, I've been committed since day one," Parker added with regard to speculation over his own future.

"My aim is and my ambition is to make this football club as strong and as successful as possible really. That will always be my ambition. That's never changed."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southdowns White

If he's keeping Mitro he's definitely learnt his lesson and going to change our style of football then, got to be some pacey attacking midfield players coming in and probably another top striker. Oh I can't wait for next season then.  Or am I just dreaming!!!!

Blawarmy

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 22, 2021, 12:02:44 PM
If he's keeping Mitro he's definitely learnt his lesson and going to change our style of football then, got to be some pacey attacking midfield players coming in and probably another top striker. Oh I can't wait for next season then.  Or am I just dreaming!!!!
Let's hope so...

PaulJ123

He's hardly going to say Mitros up for sale is he.

Would automatically knock off £5m off his price - still fully expect it to be Mitro or Parker leaving.

Asotosyios

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 22, 2021, 12:51:56 PM
He's hardly going to say Mitros up for sale is he.

Would automatically knock off £5m off his price - still fully expect it to be Mitro or Parker leaving.

Agree - he would never also say "we don't see eye to eye with Mitro so it's better if he moves on".

I am pretty sure Parker will be with us next season and Mitrovic will say goodbye.

ex-Pat

Lets be clear, nobody in the Premier league wants Mitro he will be good in the Championship,  that's it then when we get promoted Unload.

Slaphead in Qatar

It's not exactly sounding like a ringing endorsement though is it

"Keeping Mitro? I see no reason why not. 

"He's got a considerable amount of time on his contract (until 2024), and I don't see why that won't be the case."

Asotosyios

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 22, 2021, 01:41:08 PM
It's not exactly sounding like a ringing endorsement though is it

"Keeping Mitro? I see no reason why not. 

Exactly and before saying that Mitrovic has a considerable amount of time left on his contract, he said he doesn't know when his contract finishes which I found a bit odd.

junior white

We did that in the championship under SP to be fair, got the ball up to him in the air and on the floor using his strengths. It maybe that the plan to do that in the prem doesnt work and needs tweaking and that then everyone has to adjust. But all I am worried about is next season, if we play as we did the last time with just a little more attacking intent then we should see a top 6 finish

JohnG

Brentford have showed us how the game should be played but we need some excellent recruitment in the summer to play their type of game and a manager who knows how or can learn to play attacking football. Best of luck to the Bees in the final - it would be better for us next season if they were promoted.

Jules

Quote from: JohnG on May 22, 2021, 02:46:39 PM

Brentford have showed us how the game should be played but we need some excellent recruitment in the summer to play their type of game and a manager who knows how or can learn to play attacking football. Best of luck to the Bees in the final - it would be better for us next season if they were promoted.
I don't want to see Brentford promoted! They hate us and will wind us up non stop. I would love them to choke again in the final!

roberto w6

I'd like to see Mitrovic go.
We need a fresh start and to develop a squad over the next 2 years that is capable of getting promotion and staying up. A long-term vision.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Jules on May 22, 2021, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: JohnG on May 22, 2021, 02:46:39 PM

I don't want to see Brentford promoted! They hate us and will wind us up non stop. I would love them to choke again in the final!
They have a handful of decent fans. The rest suffer from a severe case of small club syndrome. 

bobby01

Tbh, I know Mitro has had a poor season, but I think that is down to many factors not all his fault but some are.

However I sincerely believe if we had not had Mitro we would not have been promoted in either of our championship seasons and the man deserves a bit of respect.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Blawarmy

Quote from: bobby01 on May 22, 2021, 03:26:11 PM
Tbh, I know Mitro has had a poor season, but I think that is down to many factors not all his fault but some are.

However I sincerely believe if we had not had Mitro we would not have been promoted in either of our championship seasons and the man deserves a bit of respect.
You're right. His goals got us promoted twice. He deserves a hell of a lot of respect.

roberto w6

Total respect. We owe him a hell of a lot.
But I just think it is time to move on for the longer term future

WindyCity

Quote from: roberto w6 on May 22, 2021, 03:01:54 PM
I'd like to see Mitrovic go.  We need a fresh start and to develop a squad over the next 2 years that is capable of getting promotion and staying up. A long-term vision.

Yup...Agreed!  Time to start anew.  I'm in camp of keep SP, but getting rid of some players and acquiring new players should keep management busy.  I'm hopeful of 2-3 years before a Prem return.  Unrealistic to think an immediate bounce back up.

SuffolkWhite

No waaaaaay sell Mitro, what he needs is a manager with attacking nouce and a decent forward next to him.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

junior white

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 22, 2021, 04:09:57 PM
No waaaaaay sell Mitro, what he needs is a manager with attacking nouce and a decent forward next to him.
You may well be right, he may want to avoid playing for Roma if rumours are true that Jose wants him, thats one up top for a defensive manager.

I do think he can play upfront on his own, he has proven that he can, 20+ goals for us in the championship with one up top

filham

Good to hear that Mitro is to stay , he could be good in the Championship if we play the right game.
Can't help but think maybe Parker is speaking with false tongue.