watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

28 points and 27 goals

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 23, 2021, 06:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

What a poor season. A pathetic attempt to stay in this league.

SouthIslandWhite

The saddest part is that we were a pretty decent side and quite well organized all season. Except for our Achilles flaw: totally incompetent in the final third of the pitch.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Bill2

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on May 23, 2021, 06:12:25 PM
The saddest part is that we were a pretty decent side and quite well organized all season. Except for our Achilles flaw: totally incompetent in the final third of the pitch.
While we move the ball around nicely our final ball and finishing is rubbish.  Never trouble the keeper, finishing is dire.

Hoppus

jarv

Pathetic, yes but not Parker. Look to the ownership and useless recruitment. They are the pathetic people. It was clear from day  1 the team did not have a decent forward.

Also, players brought in were just not good enough and the las 10 games demonstrated why you don't recruit loan signings who don't give a crap.

Blawarmy

Quote from: jarv on May 23, 2021, 07:28:04 PM
Pathetic, yes but not Parker. Look to the ownership and useless recruitment. They are the pathetic people. It was clear from day  1 the team did not have a decent forward.

Also, players brought in were just not good enough and the las 10 games demonstrated why you don't recruit loan signings who don't give a crap.

All over that wrestling nonsense when he should be concentrating on Fulham 24/7

Caedal

I cannot agree that the loan signings weren't good enough. I thought bar RLC the rest of them were our best players this season, Areola and Anderson especially. All the loan players will be playing top flight football next season, and we wont

On reflection I'll add Maja to signings that didn't pay off

Fulham76

I'm not disagreeing with you regarding how the club is run, but our style of play wouldn't suit any forwards. We're so slow crossing the half way line, u could have messi up front & he wouldn't get decent service.

rebel

Parker has to hold his hands up, we had 3 opportunities to overtake Newcastle, we failed each time. I suppose if you've told the players, 'we are going to be in a relegation scrap', throughout the season, 'it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy', the players can't see beyond that.   

Dodger53

We didn't turn up for any of the big games, the so called mini league at the bottom of the league! Man management my arse. Scott actually seems to believe the crap he spouts.

filham

Quote from: Hoppus on May 23, 2021, 07:19:03 PM
9 goals at home 😂
That is the stat. that really hurts , think of all those hours played at the Cottage without our players scoring, surely it must be a Fulham record and Parker has to do some hard thinking over the summer.

fcfulham55

9 goals at home from 19 games. With or without fans is an utter disgrace.  What happened to Football being an "entertaining game"... same players with Slav in charge, sure we may let in a couple more.  But  we would've averaged over 1 goal a game with him in charge.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Lambo

Fulham are the first side in Premier League history to fail to hit double figures for home goals in a single season, with the Whites netting just nine in their 19 games in 2020-21.

Fulham have lost six home league games in a row for only the second time in their history, since losing seven in a row between November 1961 and February 1962.

ALG01

Quote from: Lambo on May 23, 2021, 10:56:31 PM
Fulham are the first side in Premier League history to fail to hit double figures for home goals in a single season, with the Whites netting just nine in their 19 games in 2020-21.

Fulham have lost six home league games in a row for only the second time in their history, since losing seven in a row between November 1961 and February 1962.

i do hap[pen to believe that if you decide to play an entire season without proper forwards in the squad you are likely not to score sufficient goals.

what worries me is what we are going to do next season because the owners have not spoken up yet and we really should have targets identified and ready to be signed...after all we have been relegated for qwuite a while.

Caedal

We have a £30m striker in the squad, which Parker refused to play, and when he did play refused to play to his strengths. We then brought in Maja in January, who then Parker again refused to play and kept playing Cav up front for some baffling reason

JohnG

Quote from: Lambo on May 23, 2021, 10:56:31 PM

And they were not relegated that season!

filham

Next season could be better, if Cav finds form we could score ten or eleven goals at the Cottage in the Championship.
Seriously though it has been terrible and the signs have been there all season and no corrective action has been taken.