News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Some journo over at the Beeb is having a laugh...

Started by finnster01, December 17, 2010, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

Scores die as drones renew attack on Pakistan's Khyber

Not sure I get the joke mate?

CincyFulham1

Rhyming slang...Khyber Pass.   Come on ImperialWhite, I'm a Yank and I get it.

ImperialWhite

Sorry, I just had an attack of PC-ittus.

That, and I'm an ignoramus who didn't realise 'Khyber' would be read as 'Khyber pass'.

:dft001:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 18, 2010, 12:42:44 AM
Scores die as drones renew attack on Pakistan's Khyber

Not sure I get the joke mate?
It'll be a Cockney slang joke IW. Was one of the white kids dave Gilmours son?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 18, 2010, 12:49:33 AM
Sorry, I just had an attack of PC-ittus.

That, and I'm an ignoramus who didn't realise 'Khyber' would be read as 'Khyber pass'.

:dft001:
Not that long ago i mentioned at five a side i had to go for a Gypsies, couldn't believe most didn't have a clue  :doh:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on December 18, 2010, 12:47:07 AM
Bloody hell are you an expat ? I've  taught my son the essentsials like a score, a Monkey etc, but he wouldn't have a clue about your kyhber, as it happens mine got invaded today by a test tube thing at the hospital, i can safely say i would never make a good Iron.

CincyFulham1

A gypsies kiss?  It's the only thing I can think of.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on December 18, 2010, 01:01:31 AM
A gypsies kiss?  It's the only thing I can think of.
Spot on  :Sparkyticus: You do realise you're actually living in East london and not the US of A dont you? 

CincyFulham1

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 18, 2010, 01:05:32 AM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on December 18, 2010, 01:01:31 AM
A gypsies kiss?  It's the only thing I can think of.
Spot on  :Sparkyticus: You do realise you're actually living in East london and not the US of A dont you?  

I can drop my aitches with best home counties wannabe.  The truth is I get emails from a friends who lives around Stepney somewhere, he seems to forget that I'm a Yank and starts in with rhyming slang and I have to keep replying with what does x mean, or " what the hell are you talking about", so I do pick up a little here and there.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 18, 2010, 12:57:28 AM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on December 18, 2010, 12:47:07 AM
Bloody hell are you an expat ? I've  taught my son the essentsials like a score, a Monkey etc, but he wouldn't have a clue about your kyhber, as it happens mine got invaded today by a test tube thing at the hospital, i can safely say i would never make a good Iron.
Never mind the iron bit, just stick to the old false start mate and have a bubble.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FC Silver Fox

Why is it that football songs need to be sung in a cockney accent in order to be taken seriously? Don't say because it's a working man's sport. Have you seen the price of tickets? It's the same in cricket. Why do you need a Yorkshire accent to be considered a serious cricket pundit? And while we're at it, is it absolutely necessary to be gay to be considered creative? It's a strange world, my masters.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 18, 2010, 09:21:04 AM
Why is it that football songs need to be sung in cockney accent in order to be taken seriously? Don't say because it's a working man's sport. Have you seen the price of tickets? It's the same in cricket. Why do you need a Yorkshie accent to be considered a serious cricket pundit? And while we're at it, is it absolutely necessary to be gay to be considered creative? It's a strange world, my masters.
It's necessary to be gay to play cricket if that helps  :hook: .

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 18, 2010, 09:21:04 AM
Why is it that football songs need to be sung in a cockney accent in order to be taken seriously? Don't say because it's a working man's sport. Have you seen the price of tickets? It's the same in cricket. Why do you need a Yorkshire accent to be considered a serious cricket pundit? And while we're at it, is it absolutely necessary to be gay to be considered creative? It's a strange world, my masters.
Micheal mckyntyer does a good sketch taking the mick out of his posh voice at a football match , saying it just dosen't sound right in my accent singing " Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" .