watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship odds

Started by South Coast White, May 24, 2021, 11:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Apparently joint favourites with WBA at 6/1 for an immediate return. A bit ambitious I think with a team of players with many not playing first team football for an awfully long time. OK if we hit the ground running with the majority of our team ready to fight,  then maybe, but I think we need to rebuild over a couple of years and come back when we're ready with a good strong team that shouldn't require a complete change as in the past which has proven a very negative.

H4usuallysitting

Doesn't bode very well....they haven't got a manager

Whitestone

I think that's it's usual for the bookies to favour the relegated teams at this stage. I'm not convinced that the players we currently have would be good enough for top two. Most of them weren't last time. WBA like us have loanees to go back so may not be as strong. Sheff Utd have the look of a good Championship squad and have been together a while. I think they'll be there or thereabouts.  Once teams start getting their squads together we'll have a better idea.

Willham

My money for top the league right now would be on bournemouth or brentford (if they miss out of play offs)

ChesterTheTabby

We will be fortunate to be in the playoffs. Our team is unraveling. We risked it all to stay in the PL by playing nothin but loaners... abs failed. We have no "team" at this point, that I can make out. We would do well to have a productive season and rebuild a team of committed players. That's how Leeds did it, that's how Burnley and Brighton survive each year.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bencher

The Championship is a pretty unpredictable league. Last season was perhaps the exception in which the relegated teams and other teams that had done well the year before (minus Barnsley) were the leading teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team came from nowhere to finish in the top 2 or 3, just like Cardiff, Reading and Huddersfield did in previous campaigns of ours.

We do still have 5-6 players that are top level in the Championship:
Rodak
Tosin
Tete
Cairney
Mitro
Reed

We also have a number of decent players at that level (Hector, Kongolo if fit, Bryan). If we can add a few quality additions and get them playing with some fluency, we could do quite well.

dgnffc

This team has got used to losing every week. The mindset needs to change and I don't think that's going to happen overnight.

Parker did well last time to get us back up but that team hadn't just come off a run of taking 2 out of a possible 27 points.

MartyFFC

If we can get Cairney fit and persuade Mitro to stay, we have the squad to be in the top 6, even with another 46 games of Parker Ball. Just need to be prepared for more hideously dull football, albeit with the 1-0 defeats turning into 1-0 wins

Andy S

I cannot be glum at the moment as we have been relegated with a better squad than last time. We can be successful again but there are a lot of games to play

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Andy S on May 24, 2021, 09:44:19 PM
I cannot be glum at the moment as we have been relegated with a better squad than last time. We can be successful again but there are a lot of games to play

This is true. I also would argue that there is literally more of a squad than in 2019. We can actually put together a promotion level back 8 without needing to bring anyone in. In some instances there are actually bench players to use in those positions too!!!

The real question is which of Reed, Tosin, AR, Tete, Kongolo, Mitro, TC, and Bryan are going to be sold or loaned for various reasons.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: WolverineFFC on May 25, 2021, 04:06:46 AM

This is true. I also would argue that there is literally more of a squad than in 2019. We can actually put together a promotion level back 8 without needing to bring anyone in. In some instances there are actually bench players to use in those positions too!!!

The real question is which of Reed, Tosin, AR, Tete, Kongolo, Mitro, TC, and Bryan are going to be sold or loaned for various reasons.

Our First XI should be mostly made of the 13 players that TK has signed up for until 2024 including Rodak; Tete, Robinson/Bryan; Adarabioyo, Kongolo; Reed, Anguissa/Cairney, Onomah; Reid, Cavaleiro, and Mitrovic.

The rest of the other 15 squad players should stay until we are promoted again including Betts, Fabri; Christie, Odoi, S.Sess; Hector, Mawson, MLM, Ream; KMac, Seri, Stefjo; Knockaert, Kamara, and Kebano.

After 2022, most of the players of recruits of 2018 will have been paid off so we can reinvest in the squad with a long-term view, and sell off anyone that isn't part of the next 2-3 year plan.

Cumbrian White

TK is leaning, first season in PL he obviously made mistakes with signings, this time, the actual players signed generally made a positive impact. He now just needs to learn the players need to be in earlier to give the manager a stronger platform.

If he makes the right signings again, and early, I feel we'll have an outstanding chance of winning the league. Also, not going to happen but give the manager the chance of signing his own players would increase our chances further.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: MartyFFC on May 24, 2021, 01:48:08 PM
If we can get Cairney fit and persuade Mitro to stay, we have the squad to be in the top 6, even with another 46 games of Parker Ball. Just need to be prepared for more hideously dull football, albeit with the 1-0 defeats turning into 1-0 wins
Can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Give Scottie the right players, ideally the ones he wants, you'll see a different style. Still can't figure how people can't see this. He had no chance with the lateness of signings and the lack of quality he has been given to work with.

FulhamStu

1st decision is Parker, Khan to decide now if he wants him, Parker to decide now if he wants to stay.  I assume he does, if the decision is I want to stay and Khan wants him, that's it, no Spurs, Parker is contracted.  Same question to the players esp Mitro, Anguissa, If you commit, thats it.   get Kongolo, Cairney fit.  if all this happens the squad is good to go with a few dead woods out MLM Seri etc and a good young championship goalscorer in.  Parker needs to understand how to get this team scoring goals.  Cairney back will help, new striker will help. Decide what to do with Kamara Kebano Johansen Christie Fabri Mawson if they go that frees up space and wages.

stokesy

:I thought Tim Ream had a decent game Saturday so should be ok for championship

FFC In Oz

Quote from: stokesy on May 25, 2021, 08:25:16 AM
:I thought Tim Team had a decent game Saturday so should be ok for championship

Surely you mean Rim Team?

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: dgnffc on May 24, 2021, 01:33:24 PM
This team has got used to losing every week. The mindset needs to change and I don't think that's going to happen overnight.

Parker did well last time to get us back up but that team hadn't just come off a run of taking 2 out of a possible 27 points.
I think a full pre season playing against lower opposition and gradually making it harder would be a good plan this summer. Get the boys used to playing a certain way and picking up a few wins. Build some confidence early like Tigana did way back when.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

stokesy

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 25, 2021, 09:55:58 AM
Quote from: stokesy on May 25, 2021, 08:25:16 AM
:I thought Tim Team had a decent game Saturday so should be ok for championship

Surely you mean Rim Team?
Lol

WolverineFFC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 25, 2021, 06:40:29 AM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on May 25, 2021, 04:06:46 AM

Our First XI should be mostly made of the 13 players that TK has signed up for until 2024 including Rodak; Tete, Robinson/Bryan; Adarabioyo, Kongolo; Reed, Anguissa/Cairney, Onomah; Reid, Cavaleiro, and Mitrovic.

The rest of the other 15 squad players should stay until we are promoted again including Betts, Fabri; Christie, Odoi, S.Sess; Hector, Mawson, MLM, Ream; KMac, Seri, Stefjo; Knockaert, Kamara, and Kebano.

After 2022, most of the players of recruits of 2018 will have been paid off so we can reinvest in the squad with a long-term view, and sell off anyone that isn't part of the next 2-3 year plan.

I am less concerned about contractual issues and more about which of the players I listed will be bought into the cause so to speak. Don't think the club have to sell any, but are any going to be problems if they stick around?

Unlike this season where TK let Seri rot outside of the 25 man squad, not sure the club could financially afford to let Mitro, et al to take the season off mentally. At the championship level it could handicap other aspects of the 21-22 season team building.

WindyCity

All I can say is that I hope the oddsmakers are right and know more about football than this silly FFC fan.  Me, I think FFC struggles just to stay up in the Champ.  Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and we do win promotion, but I just don't see it happening.  Maybe the oddsmakers have some secret information...........?????  haha