Main Menu

Slavisa J to Sheffield United....

Started by sarvenpa, May 27, 2021, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: HV71 on May 27, 2021, 07:29:52 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 27, 2021, 07:15:47 PM
Quote from: HV71 on May 27, 2021, 06:12:27 PM
I can still vividly remember Fulham 0 Watford 5 when a certain manager was in charge

Interesting though that he listened - perhaps you might like to give him a bit of credit for that?

Yes he was and that trouncing came after five Watford defeats on the bounce prompting a delegation led by Deeney to suggest they went back to how they were playing before he arrived. He might succeed he might not but a messiah like footballing guru he certainly isn't.

Indeed he might have done but equally I recall a Hertfordshire based journalists sitting with us at one game saying the coaching team kept the momentum going and the door was left wide open with a couple of games to go. As has been mentioned earlier sometimes managers click with the Club set up and the players, sometimes it doesn't almost immediately and sometimes it works until it's found out.

Porthogs FC

Slav knew what he had in the mitro/Sess combo in the championship. Unstoppable.

However, as someone else pointed out, his style of football takes a great deal of time for a team to adjust to. Years. But once they've adjusted...

Biggest mistake we can all make is underestimating this man, Slav, especially if the chequebook is open for him. If they take Cairney and Mitro, can they at least take Knockaert as well?

bobby01

I actually thought Slavs major problem was Craig Kline at the time and the support of him by tk.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

colinwhite

Did a fantstic job for us  and good luck to him. Not against us though.

rebel

Quote from: HV71 on May 27, 2021, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: cookieg on May 27, 2021, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Jules on May 27, 2021, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: rebel on May 27, 2021, 08:47:59 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on May 27, 2021, 06:08:57 PM
Biggest mistake our owners made was getting rid of Slav when they did.

Agree 100%.
agreed also - just posted the same on another thread.

Watford didn't seem too fussed about letting him go. He had one really good half a season with us, which you may argue he was building up to, but his Prem time sowed the seeds for our relegation and he was rightly moved on.

Watford aren't fussed about letting anybody go !

Didn't they let a manager go, then he was rehired or something.

Mr White

Quote from: Jules on May 27, 2021, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: rebel on May 27, 2021, 08:47:59 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on May 27, 2021, 06:08:57 PM
Biggest mistake our owners made was getting rid of Slav when they did.

Agree 100%.
agreed also - just posted the same on another thread.
I join this agreement 100%

toshes mate

I was going to comment about some of the poor taste comments on this thread but I'll leave it there.

I just wish the guy all the very best in his new job and will check on his progress on a regular basis.  The guy isn't the Messiah but if his football at Sheff United reaches anything like the football we played in many a game while he was here then Blades fans are in for a treat.   

Andy S

Well done Slav and good luck in Sheffield

junior white

Quote from: rebel on May 27, 2021, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: junior white on May 27, 2021, 04:08:31 PM
Quote from: rebel on May 27, 2021, 04:00:53 PM
Quote from: filham on May 27, 2021, 03:57:45 PM
Really is time we stopped talking about Jokanovic but don't forget he had bad periods here as well as good, we had to waite a while after his arrival for good results  and then his premiership period was bad. Yes Parker had good defenders this season but then Jocanovic had good attacking players. 

The bad periods you describe are because he uses the first 10 games or so, to create the 'identity'. He did the same at the beginning of each season with us. It's a trait, I expect it to be the same at Sheff Utd.
Thats true he did, however at the start of the prem season that condemned us, very similar t this season. You just cannot afford to be playing catch up.

Love Slav, but he was never going to come back to us, shame but thats life

His Prem season, everything that could go against him did. No pre-season, still signing players when the season had already started, signing players without Prem experience and so much more.
I do not disagree, but the same could be said for Parker this time, like with Slav we were still signing a lot of players on deadline day . So they had no pre season with us either, we didnt sign many this tie with prem experience either.

Not a big SP fan but i wont look thru rose tinted glasses at Slav in the prem, as much as I (and we all) have a man love for him.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: toshes mate on May 28, 2021, 09:05:39 AM
I was going to comment about some of the poor taste comments on this thread but I'll leave it there.

I just wish the guy all the very best in his new job and will check on his progress on a regular basis.  The guy isn't the Messiah but if his football at Sheff United reaches anything like the football we played in many a game while he was here then Blades fans are in for a treat.

The comment relating to "the Messiah" was lazy writing on my part so I will apologise for that.

hovewhite

Welcome back Slav best of luck ,not that'll he  need it.

SouthIslandWhite

He will have Joe Elliot and all the Blades fans back on their feet fast.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.