watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa J to Sheffield United....

Started by sarvenpa, May 27, 2021, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

If he does go there he will sharpen them Blades.  :54: Am I envious? You bet I am! If he brings them to the Cottage he should receive a standing ovation. Well he will from me.  :54:

092.gif

jayffc

If it transpires he was available and we stuck with Parker over him, that for me would be the biggest f up Tony could make this year. A quality manager that gave us some of the most entertaining football for years at the cottage, proven track record at champ level, with a decent prem defence like we had this last year he might have actually had a chance to still be here! Our loss is Sheffields gain

South Coast White

rebel

He worked with Oliver Norwood, that's a result.

Deeping_white

Quote from: jayffc on May 27, 2021, 11:46:14 AM
If it transpires he was available and we stuck with Parker over him, that for me would be the biggest f up Tony could make this year. A quality manager that gave us some of the most entertaining football for years at the cottage, proven track record at champ level, with a decent prem defence like we had this last year he might have actually had a chance to still be here! Our loss is Sheffields gain

As much as we'd like him back it realistically wouldn't happen without a change in other back office roles as well which is easier said than done. If TK and SP went then absolutely we should've been looking at him, but it's a moot point while TK is still here I think because he didn't like our recruitment process (and that's a whole other conversation that's been done to death). It's a shame though beacuse he'd have a much better squad now than the last time he was in this league with us and I would imagine he'd win the league with this squad

Lighthouse

Well he will never come back with the b system that made him leave in the first place. Even though I am not sure ever returning would be a good thing. We remember the Championship season but his Prem debacle we forget and happily put all the blame on TK.

Good luck to him but I am a firm believer in never go back. It only leads to disappointment. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jules

Gutted! Would love to have Slav back and a new DoF! I suppose we will be stuck with TK, SP and the departure of Mitro. Depressing!

Ruislip White

Like finding out the ex-missus you never quite got over has found someone new and is probably going to look in even better nick than when you ditched her!

Sorry - best analogy I could muster up'n

Blawarmy

How many will Sheff Utd trounce us by?

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on May 27, 2021, 11:30:09 AM
If he does go there he will sharpen them Blades.  :54: Am I envious? You bet I am! If he brings them to the Cottage he should receive a standing ovation. Well he will from me.  :54:

092.gif

And me Captain,,,,,, well said
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

PaulJ123

It's infuriating that we sacked Slav and yet Parker got the whole season!!!

sarvenpa

092.gif

:plus one:

sarvenpa

toshes mate

092.gif
I echo that very loudly ...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 27, 2021, 12:40:24 PM
Like finding out the ex-missus you never quite got over has found someone new and is probably going to look in even better nick than when you ditched her!

Sorry - best analogy I could muster up'n

You have just described my ex first wife.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jayffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 27, 2021, 12:03:31 PM
Well he will never come back with the b system that made him leave in the first place. Even though I am not sure ever returning would be a good thing. We remember the Championship season but his Prem debacle we forget and happily put all the blame on TK.

Good luck to him but I am a firm believer in never go back. It only leads to disappointment. 

Dont forget his prem debacle but Scotts prem record was worse wasnt it? And my point mentions that Slav never had the defence we put in place this year. Im confident that if he'd been given Areola, Anderson, Tosin, Tete, Aina and Robinson he'd have done a dam sight better than he did having Ream at the back! I'm not TK hater but our defence left alot to be desired that year!

grandad

At least we will know how he will setup his team. The old saying that you never go back is true.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: South Coast White on May 27, 2021, 11:53:04 AM
Mitro will probably follow.

Good call... which will be an epic kick in balls for us fans and a damming indictment of several key people at our club if it happens

Rambler

When they spank us next season both home and away TK will have a whole load of egg on his face for letting him go.
Expect a lot of fan discontent.