watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR quite sad

Started by bobbo, May 28, 2021, 08:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Sue barker signing off from question of sport tonight .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Nero

hmm and Dan Walker has just left Football Focus, I wonder

sarnian

Quote from: bobbo on May 28, 2021, 08:05:31 PM

I actually stopped watching the programme after watching her the first time she was on.  Always seemed to want to be the centre of attention.

sunburywhite

Quote from: sarnian on May 28, 2021, 08:44:52 PM
Quote from: bobbo on May 28, 2021, 08:05:31 PM

I actually stopped watching the programme after watching her the first time she was on.  Always seemed to want to be the centre of attention.

I bet you dream of Cliff Morgan
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Buffalo76

Not in the same league as David Coleman.

blingo

RaySmith

It is sad about Sue, though i haven't watched QoS for years.
Will she still be involved in Wimbledon?

I was just wondering  what had happened to  BBC radio commentator Alan Green, thought I hadn't heard him for a bit, and Googled him, to find that he was sacked last year, which he wasn't at all happy about.

He was character all right, who always spoke his mind, and most of the current commentators i can't even remember their names, but i can see that he maybe wouldn't fit into the current 'banter'  with players set up.

Another involved with football, who i wondered what had happened to, because i tuned into the early morning weekend  show she did with Tony Cascarino, was  Talk Sport's Georgie Bingham - also summarily sacked for a younger model, I found out.

But broadcasting is a very harsh environment, like football itself.

MartyFFC

The purge is certainly taking shape

filham

Sue Barker made that show her own, I suspect without her it will quickly become dated with ratings falling and will be withdrawn.

bog

Quote from: MartyFFC on May 29, 2021, 09:08:34 AM
The purge is certainly taking shape

+1 As if we don't notice. Alan Green got the right ump when he was replaced. I like that Mark Clemmit who covers the 'lower leagues' on Final Score and Football Focus. So much enthusiasm, once on  FS he told those sat at the table to be quiet while he was informing! Quite right! However, I wonder whether he will be another of the the purged. Not glamourous enough and doesn't wear heels.  :022:

092.gif   

Blawarmy

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 28, 2021, 09:13:51 PM
Not in the same league as David Coleman.
Bill Beaumont and Willy Carson

Jims Dentist

I heard that Alex Scott was to take over.
You need a female to keep Dawson's huge ego in check.

I would also like to see Michelle Owen take over permanently on the EFL show from the Brentford/Liverpool loving Colin Murray.

bobbo

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 01, 2021, 04:46:20 PM

I would also like to see Michelle Owen take over permanently on the EFL show from the Brentford/Liverpool loving Colin Murray.
I heard it was Alex Scott but I think team captains are also being replaced.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Plodder

I have met Colin Murray. He has to try to be as impartial as possible, but I can promise you he has a special liking for Fulham, stemming from our run to the Europa League final which he covered for terrestrial TV. He is a nice man and his enthusiasm and knowledge when I talked Fulham with him was genuine.

Lighthouse

I think she is leaving a sinking ship. They changed the format for some reason and it lost much of its charm. The ratings are down and unfortunately for a show that has been going so long, changing it didn't work and they should have left it well alone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

What is the betting on Parker becoming the best dressed man on TV next season and presenting a top programme.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on June 01, 2021, 10:13:20 PM
What is the betting on Parker becoming the best dressed man on TV next season and presenting a top programme.

Not with that second hand off the hook Burtons jacket he got off a vagrant who was sleeping in a shop doorway.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: RaySmith on May 29, 2021, 04:23:19 AM
It is sad about Sue, though i haven't watched QoS for years.
Will she still be involved in Wimbledon?

I was just wondering  what had happened to  BBC radio commentator Alan Green, thought I hadn't heard him for a bit, and Googled him, to find that he was sacked last year, which he wasn't at all happy about.

He was character all right, who always spoke his mind, and most of the current commentators i can't even remember their names, but i can see that he maybe wouldn't fit into the current 'banter'  with players set up.

Another involved with football, who i wondered what had happened to, because i tuned into the early morning weekend  show she did with Tony Cascarino, was  Talk Sport's Georgie Bingham - also summarily sacked for a younger model, I found out.

But broadcasting is a very harsh environment, like football itself.

Andrew Castle spoils Wimbeldon for me, his in depth knowledge of 'titbits' is really, really annoying, I couldn't care less. Sue Barker is bearable, when she's in the zone. 

rebel

Quote from: bobbo on June 01, 2021, 07:56:01 PM

I heard it was Alex Scott but I think team captains are also being replaced.

I was o.k. with Alex Scott, but a VAR decision went against us, but she though VAR was correct, plain as mud it wasn't.

Somerset Fulham

Alex Scott is fantastic, she'll make a good job of the old show.

And what happened to Georgie Bingham was a disgrace, she was excellent.  Still, it finally gave me the reason I needed to not bother listening to SHOUTsport anymore.